Author Topic: Quick Review: Quick 957 Analog Rework Station  (Read 34670 times)

Offline nidlaXTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Quick Review: Quick 957 Analog Rework Station
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 02:22:58 am »
My issue with the unit has been resolved. After contacting Quick USA customer service and requesting a replacement hose, they offered to replace my unit with a 957DW instead (rationale is that they believe it would be difficult / annoying for me to attempt to replace the hose myself). I paid for shipping my 957 to them, they paid for shipping the 957DW to me.

The 957DW I received is basically identical to blueskull's. Although the hose on this one is also a little kinky, it's much less severe than the unit I returned and does not interfere with positioning the hand piece. To my ears, the brushless motor sounds slightly less noisy and noticeably less "buzzy" than the brushed one. Curiously, claimed power consumption for the 957 W models is 400W vs 580W for the 957 non-W models.

I highly recommend the 957DW, although it confuses me why there exists a W and non-W version in the first place. Quick USA customer service is also responsive and easy to deal with.

Offline mdesfosses

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 03:53:10 pm »
Hi,

I purchased the 957DW rework station based on the good comments on this forum. The station works well but there is an annoying scratching noise when the fan is running. The company is willing to replace the unit but since I am in Canada, the shipping costs are high.

Can anyone with this station tell me if this sound is "normal" (audio file in attachment) ?

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:55:10 pm by mdesfosses »

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »
Hi,

I purchased the 957DW rework station based on the good comments on this forum. The station works well but there is an annoying scratching noise when the fan is running. The company is willing to replace the unit but since I am in Canada, the shipping costs are high.

Can anyone with this station tell me if this sound is "normal" (audio file in attachment) ?

Thanks a lot
Sounds to me like the squirrel blades are striking the fan housing intermittently, so No, I wouldn't call that normal.

It may be fixable however, which would save you the shipping cost.  :-+

Offline mdesfosses

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 01:11:27 am »
Sounds to me like the squirrel blades are striking the fan housing intermittently, so No, I wouldn't call that normal.

It may be fixable however, which would save you the shipping cost.  :-+
Well, the scratchy noise was not normal. I sent the unit back to Quik and the replacement one works well. It's a good unit for the price but I think there is a lack in quality control.

Offline N9ZN-Extra

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 06:43:46 pm »
Quick 861DW it is not
looks like any other 858, the sad part is its a legit Quick product http://www.quick-usa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=93
just looked at their other products and its 90% typical auoye crap, I only knew them from 861(very good hotair)

I DISAGREE. The unit shown in the pictures does not look like genuine Quick to me. It appears to be a knock-off low-quality unit from one of the many equipment counterfeiters in China. I look for the TEAL BAND on the handle of the hot air gun and the back of the machines to tell if they are genuine. In the case of this machine, the air hose is a perfect example of what to look for in non-genuine. Compare it closely with the machines found at http://www.quick-global.com/ which is the genuine Quick product ONLY.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2018, 12:59:23 pm »
Quick 861DW it is not
looks like any other 858, the sad part is its a legit Quick product http://www.quick-usa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=93
just looked at their other products and its 90% typical auoye crap, I only knew them from 861(very good hotair)

I DISAGREE. The unit shown in the pictures does not look like genuine Quick to me. It appears to be a knock-off low-quality unit from one of the many equipment counterfeiters in China. I look for the TEAL BAND on the handle of the hot air gun and the back of the machines to tell if they are genuine. In the case of this machine, the air hose is a perfect example of what to look for in non-genuine. Compare it closely with the machines found at http://www.quick-global.com/ which is the genuine Quick product ONLY.
It is a genuine quick, although cheap model. It's good but not as good as 861. Jamicon capacitors is one of proofs as Quick uses them extensively. 858 stations have nothing common with quick 957 as they use blower in the handle.

Offline Kapky

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2019, 10:39:02 am »
Hi guys,

I bought Quick 957DW+ hot air rework station based on your reccommendation and it was delivered to my doors couple days ago right from China. I was surprised by the compact size of the whole station - I thought these are much much bigger :) Anyway, everything is working properly as it should. Also the inside of the station is quite well organized (there are Jamicon capacitors inside). The rubber tube was bent a little bit as usually but I left it couple days in normal working position and it looks OK right now. Overall, I am quite satisfied :)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:40:47 am by Kapky »

Offline Orfeous

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2020, 11:31:40 pm »
Quick 957DW and 957DW+ what is the difference?
Are there a EU plug 230V version?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf