Author Topic: Rishabh Multimeters From India - [ Open House Discussion ]  (Read 11694 times)

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
Rishabh Multimeters From India - [ Open House Discussion ]
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:01:53 pm »
Hi ,
    Some days back i chanced upon a post by some people -> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/gossen-metrahit-25s/ . Rishabh is one of the top few companies making " Made In India " multimeters .Be it technology transfer or be it anything you can imagine .In my country we do have a few more companies making good multimeters .As a initiative i would like to involve you all in the discussion to give a thumbs up or criticise this multimeter .My focus is on DMM's And Clamp meters they manufacture in india along with the accessories  .Once if i feel we have some positive vibe on this subject i will sell these multimeters worldwide with your support and understanding i am hopeful we would be able to do something for my country "everyone loves his country just i love india  " .So here You Go with the first one today i will keep adding the stuff and discussing the same with you .We have a local distributor who can sell me the products and i can ship them if people want to buy the same  .I will also try and arrange samples to send to dave if i can do the same .I will try my best

Rishabh Rish Multi 20 5 3/4 TRMS & Backlight Multimeter

Full Sized Image - > http://i46.tinypic.com/2lk4qbr.jpg

Convenient Triple Display
Simultaneous measurement of voltage and frequency or voltage and min, max values is possible. Also current and frequency or the current measurement and minimum and maximum values are displayed simultaneously The usual switching back and forth between display values is no longer necessary. Main display resolution for AC is 4 ¾ places and for DC it is 5 ¾ places

High Resolution & Precision
5 ¾ places (309,999digits) for DC measured quantities and 4 ¾ places (30,999 digits) for AC measured quantities allow for precision reference measurements and use as a calibration standard for testing devices and assemblies.

RMS Value with Distorted Waveshape
The utilized measuring method allows for waveshape independent RMS measurement (TRMS AC).

Additional Functions
Resistance (Ohm), Temperature (°C), Continuity, Diode, Capacitance, Frequency, Duty cycle

Overload Protection
The instrument is safeguarded for up to 1000 V in all measuring functions by overload protection. An acoustic signal is generated if the upper voltage or current range limit is exceeded. FUSE appears at the display if the fuse for the current is blown.

Measuring Category
1000V CAT III/600V CAT IV as per IEC Standard 61010-1.

Automatic Blocking Sockets (ABS)
Automatic blocking sockets prevent incorrect connection of measurement cables and inadvertent selection of the wrong measured quantity. This significantly reduces danger to the user, the instrument and the system under test and in many cases eliminates it entirely.

Backlit Display
The instrument is provided with user selectable Back-lit for taking measurements in poor lighting conditions / dark areas.

Kindly Download Details Specification Datasheet - > Click Here
Pricing @ USD 305/- + Tax 12.5% + Shipping Approx [ 5 To 10 USD Worldwide ]
" Incase We Sell These ,Currently We Are Not Selling This  "

Well I Expect My Post To Be Taken Positively As My Basic Intention Is To Showcase That In India We Do Have Some Decent Enough DMM's For Sale .I Will Also Try And List The Other Brands I Am Talking About  Slowly .Lets Do This One By One .I Will Also List The Other DMM's They Have For Sale Here Those Are Very Decently Priced .If You Think These Can Be sold I Will Try And Source Them And Sell Them  To you Folks  .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline robrenz

• Super Contributor
  • Real Machinist, Wannabe EE
Re: Rishabh Multimeters From India - [ Open House Discussion ]
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:16:36 pm »
 The shape of the  segments on the numeral 4 are not the same shape as the other segments.  Same thing on the data sheet images with other numerals. Makes me think the display is not a real picture but a doctored image  Unless the lcd actually adds those tails on the segments but there still would be dividing lines that I dont see on the numeral 4.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:22:19 pm by robrenz »

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:16 pm »
The fact that the display is not a real picture but a doctored image is concerning. Show us a picture of the real display that is not a photoshop image.  The shape of the  segments on the numeral 4 are not the same shape as the other segments.  Same thing on the data sheet images with other numerals.

Sir ,
     I have no need to doctor anything .This image is taken out from the datasheet by me and posted  .Here is Another Image ,Kindly Read My Line Under Pricing " Currently i Am Not Selling This  " .But My Local Distributor Can Arrange This And Sell " .

@ All :  The Lower Models Are Also There With Extremely Decent Pricing  .Gimme Some Time And i Will Post Atleast 1 Model Here everyday With everything i have access too  .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:01 pm »
i like the font used on the display.

a lot of chinese meters have naarow, tall and 'skinny' digits ( skinny meaing the width of a singel segment is very skinny ) . this kind of makes reading not as good.

This Rishbabh has the aspect ratio and the segment width just right for my liking. i'd like to see the inside of these machines.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline ruessel

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:34:38 pm »
Hello,

the case looks a lot like an older Gossen design:

http://www.datatec.de/Gossen-Metrahit-World-Multimeter.htm

Who is copying whom?

Helmut

Offline robrenz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:44:42 pm »
I agree with you that the aspect ratio of the digits and segments is good.  What I noticed on the  data sheet picture is all the segments in the picture with an open end (4, 6, 5, 9)are just a single bevel. But the same segment when it is closed (8, 0, etc.) is a double bevel.  Even if that little corner piece was a separate segment that is turned on when it is open wouldn't it have to have a little gap like all the other segment joints ?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:52:14 pm by robrenz »

Offline grenert

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 05:48:32 pm »
Robrenz is absolutely correct.  The "photo" of the display on the datasheet is a very poor "simulated display."
The actual display may look similar, but there's no way that display is the real thing.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:38 pm »
Hello,

the case looks a lot like an older Gossen design:

http://www.datatec.de/Gossen-Metrahit-World-Multimeter.htm

Who is copying whom?

Helmut

Well,
      No One ,they had a arrangement of somekind with them sometimes back ,Rishabh still makes this and sells this in india  .If they were copy cats like some of you people are saying Gossen metrawatt might have sued them of patent and other stuff .Wake up guys rishab runs a business in india .They are market leaders in so many stuff .Check thier website .Thier Meters Are Tested by Indian Government Labs Etc .Our Defence Industrial and repair sector uses this  .I Am Not Sure If They have a test report for this .Buy hey they do have a test report for so many models out there .Does any government agency provide this kinda stuff to copy cats ? .

Read This For The Rish Multi 18s - > http://rishabh.co.in/index.php/products/product/118#

PS :  Cos Someone Said They Are Copy Cats Wrongly On EEVBLOG does not mean they are  ? .So Many Other Test Reports Are Also There  . I Wish i Had This To Tear Apart And Give You Some Insights .I Will Definately Try And Contact Them For a Sample ,I Will Try My Best .The 16S They Sell Is For Just Rs :8000/- In My Humble Opinion
Regards

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 05:57:18 pm »
Robrenz is absolutely correct.  The "photo" of the display on the datasheet is a very poor "simulated display."
The actual display may look similar, but there's no way that display is the real thing.

Well,
     Check the other photo i have posted .Once i lay my hands on this for a review i will make a video and also a proper Review to the best of my ability .Since the time i joined EEVBLOG i do read a lot of reviews by peeps even if i did not reply to most  .I Do Have Some Videos I Made For Some Stuff That Are Very Elementary on Youtube also .A Lot Of My New Material Is In US Of A Now and Once That Is Imported To India I Would Be Able To Review And Teardown a Lot Of Stuff .I Am Not Bad At This  ,Check One Of My Crazy Websites -> www.indianlisteroid.com . Check This Section -> http://www.indianlisteroid.com/30,0,engine-dismantling.html 
Regards

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »
Well,
 Also Found Some Info From Thier Website While Surfying

"
 The legacy goes like this....

Birth.
 Back in the day when computers ran on 8MB, India was yet to open its foreign trade policies, Rishabh started as an Analog Panel meter company in 1985, in the small industrial town of Nashik. The initial struggle was tough, Rishabh was close to being a sick unit but as our German technology partners realized our manufacturing skills and started buying our products, things started changing. We started exporting Analog Panel meters to companies who admired our mark for quality. The early 90’s was when Rishabh stabilized as a company, this is when the company found it’s feet.

Growth.
 In the late 1990’s the electro-mechanical era started shifting towards digital and to keep up with the trend, Rishabh started manufacturing Digital Panel Meters, Transducers, and a range of test and measuring products like Multimeters and Insulation Testers. Again technology was collaborated from European partners and products were manufactured in India.
 Rishabh also realized it’s growing expertise in buying, cost reduction and other set of manufacturing skills and soon also started contract manufacturing of electrical instrumentation products for companies in western nations. It became a strong outsourcing partner to companies who apart from the cost advantage also loved Rishabh’s investments in new technologies.
Regards

Offline robrenz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 06:26:06 pm »
I am not trying to say this is a bad meter, it may be excellent. It just raises a red flag when a doctored image is used instead of a real photo.  The pictures on their website are doctored in places (red banana sockets) and the pdf pictures are horrible. 

I am trying to help  :) IMO
If you want people to have a good impression you should wait and post your own high quality pictures of the meter display in various modes and pictures of the inside and outside construction.  You may only get one chance for members to want to see what you are showing.  Many may write you off when they see constant barrage of bits and pieces of information.  Fewer High quality review style posts will serve you much better. 

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 06:31:44 pm »
I am not trying to say this is a bad meter, it may be excellent. It just raises a red flag when a doctored image is used instead of a real photo.  The pictures on their website are doctored in places (red banana sockets) and the pdf pictures are horrible. 

I am trying to help  :) IMO
If you want people to have a good impression you should wait and post your own high quality pictures of the meter display in various modes and pictures of the inside and outside construction.  You may only get one chance for members to want to see what you are showing.  Many may write you off when they see constant barrage of bits and pieces of information.  Fewer High quality review style posts will serve you much better.

Sure ,
 i never said i was hurt or something ,i am trying to get my hands off these damn meters myself .BTW i have used one model earlier at someones place too the 16s or the 18s imho
Regards

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:05 pm »
Amarbir, I don't think anyone is trying to accuse you or that company of something.

They're stating opinions about things that can determine from what you give them. If you post a picture from their documentation, they comment on that picture, not the actual product itself.

Also, if someone says the meter looks like another, you don't have to automatically read that as "the Indian company copied the design". Please don't be so defensive, there's nothing wrong if the company licensed the meter design and sold it under their name.

Please don't be offended.

It would be great if you could actually get one of those meters in your hands and post pictures for everyone to see and comment on the external AND internal construction. 
The text on the box can often be influenced by the "marketing" department so the inside pictures and actual tests are best to determine how good the meter actually is.

minor nitpick: I wish you Would Stop Capitalizing Every Word, it makes text hard to read and brings nothing useful to your messages.

Offline nukie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 10:45:07 pm »
I made an investigation before, its technology transfer. I have a feeling that gossen is made in Germany from local and imported ingredients ;D

Offline nukie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:56:45 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/gossen-metrahit-25s/

Here's another page regarding our Indian products, where we made some company history search. I contacted them once and none of them seems interested in replying, I am guessing they are not very active in online business. Perhaps they prefer the ring ring hello hello business which is what some of the Asian companies do.

My DMM spec OCD just kick in, its alarming to see all the spec nicely layed out all these talk about precision and resolution but with accuracy spec out of sight???

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 04:58:57 am »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/gossen-metrahit-25s/

Here's another page regarding our Indian products, where we made some company history search. I contacted them once and none of them seems interested in replying, I am guessing they are not very active in online business. Perhaps they prefer the ring ring hello hello business which is what some of the Asian companies do.

My DMM spec OCD just kick in, its alarming to see all the spec nicely layed out all these talk about precision and resolution but with accuracy spec out of sight???

Well,
     i also emailed them ,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RESPONSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .Anyway the thing is that we have a distributor in my own city ,Who sells this in routine and has stock .But when you tell them you are going to tear it down they run off .Yes i can buy it and do the needful though .Lets see how it shapes up also .I am going to add a few models with pricing to this thread so you fellows can have a idea ,Might be i can then check the same myself if i can buy and stock some models ,Lets see and hey i am not saying i am offended or something when you folks are critical on certain things .If we people in india do not get replys and get frustrated i can image how a prospective customer can feel who is abroad .
Regards

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 12:18:15 pm »
Hi Amarbir , what does Rishabh Rish translate to in english? is it just a persons name?

Those listers were part of my trade (ex heavy stuff mechanic) , brought back some memory's of that chuff  wheeze  chuff  wheeze  chuff  wheeze  chuff sound  ;D
Soon

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 12:24:05 pm »
did you people forget a million dollar question? whats the price tag of this thing?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 12:29:11 pm »
did you people forget a million dollar question? whats the price tag of this thing?

It's in the OP , but i could have sworn it said 205 when i first read it?
Soon

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 12:41:10 pm »

Well,
 i did add the rate of the Rish Multi 20 in the first post i made for this thread .I would Be Adding Some Other Models With Pricing Also  .Trying To rub my hands off one unit for that i could do a teardown .
Regards

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »
Hi Amarbir , what does Rishabh Rish translate to in english? is it just a persons name?

Those listers were part of my trade (ex heavy stuff mechanic) , brought back some memory's of that chuff  wheeze  chuff  wheeze  chuff  wheeze  chuff sound  ;D

Well,
     I Have Worked With Only Lister Engines For a Brief Part Of My Life ,It Was Fun
Regards

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »
Well, i did add the rate of the Rish Multi 20 in the first post i made for this thread .I would Be Adding Some Other Models With Pricing Also  .Trying To rub my hands off one unit for that i could do a teardown .
so i missed the 1 million dollar question in your fully detailed OPs. USD305, i really should learn how people prioritize informations ;)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 03:48:36 pm »
I have worked on those Lister's in the past, nearly killed by one when the crank shaft sheared and the flywheel went whistling past me and then proceeded to roll across a field before coming to a stop in a ditch. The way to extract those broken Morse keys is to weld a stud onto the end and attach a slide hammer if there is not enough key left outside of the flywheel I used to drill and tap them and then use the slide hammer.   

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 05:20:27 pm »
I have worked on those Lister's in the past, nearly killed by one when the crank shaft sheared and the flywheel went whistling past me and then proceeded to roll across a field before coming to a stop in a ditch. The way to extract those broken Morse keys is to weld a stud onto the end and attach a slide hammer if there is not enough key left outside of the flywheel I used to drill and tap them and then use the slide hammer.

Well,
      If we discuss this more they will kill us .I will create a new thread for you and me in some section ,electronic free just mechanics lol
Regards

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »
Hello ,
  Adding Their starting range of rugged multimeters The Rish Multi 11  .No Terminals Cover change in this model  .

The Photo of the Unit

MIN/MAX Value Storage : In addition to the display of the actual measured value, the minimum or maximum value can constantly be updated and stored. Indication of negative values on the analog scale : When measuring DC quantities, also negative values are shown on the analog scale so that variations of the measured value can be observed at the zero point. Automatic Data Hold : The DATA HOLD function makes it possible to hold the digitally displayed measured value. It is ensured that no freak value but the actual measured value is held in the case of rapid changes in measured quantities. The held measured value appears on the digital display. The actual measured value continues to be shown on the analog scale.  Autoranging / Manual Range Selection : The measured values are selected with rotary switch. The measuring range is automatically matched to the measured value. The measuring range can also be selected manually via the AUTO/MAN push button. Continuity Test : This permits testing for short circuit and open circuit. In addition to the display, a facility of sound signal is available. Temperature measurement : It is possible to use RISH multi 11 in direct connection of temperature sensor Pt 100 / Pt 1000. The meter automatically detects the type of sensors connected to it & displays directly measured temperature. Overload Warning : A sound signal indication violation of the overload limits. Power Economizing Circuit : The meter is switched OFF automatically when the measured value remains unchanged for about 30 minutes and no operating control was operated during this time. The disconnection facility can be disabled. Protective Holster for rough duty : A holster of soft rubber with tilt stand protects the meter against damage in the case of shock and drop. The rubber material makes for the meter to stand firmly even on vibrating surface.

Download The Datasheet - >  Click Here For The Same
Pricing @ USD 56/- + Tax 12.5% + Shipping @ Actuals

PS :  I Think I Would Be Able To lay my hands on this one in the coming week get ready for a teardown  .
Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf