Products > Other Equipment & Products

Rework SMD stations 2 in 1 choices, help please

(1/1)

Sniper1:
So i am thinking of buying a proper soldering iron and hot air gun. My budget for both is about 100-120$ (equivalent) so i looked for 2-1 s. I intend to use it mostly for my boards and occasional rapier here and there. My current station (some cheap chinese one that seems to be low power) has only the iron and is with a large tip that is sort of damaged (from learning and potentially mistakes) well for large tht and de soldering them is fine but i am starting to get more into SMD and i simply cant use this one. [+I am thinking of doing a leap and starting to use some simpler BGAs since they seem more available].
After some market research I found 4 options but since i have no idea if they have common problems and googling didn't.
So here is what i found, all are at lest 2 in 1 and have a temperature range that maxes at 480-500C:

* Gordak 952(+A version that is without LCD) with 60/240W iron/air power (with this one i did work a few times with hot air at a friend)
* Gordak 868D similar to above but lower power
* Bakon BK701D 75W iron power
* Proskit  SS-979  60W
* JCD 8808 80w
* Plusivo 3 in 1 (also has 30V 5A adjustable power supply) (i also used this a few times) Well i am also open to other suggestions.
Another important point is the tips that they use i know there are some standards out there but.... my knowledge here is nearly none. All i know is that i need a thin one for SMD stuff and a larger one for THT (or it was the one with a cavity in or for SMD ICs ?)
Also i can potentially replace the hot air with a hot plate since I was considering making one for a while (or hacking a cooking one).

NOTE: since i live in Romania amazon and some other intentional sites come with import taxes (an potentially customs taxes, not sure but i know a few that needed to pay taxes for some small items so for large ones it may just be )

PS: this is my first post so i am sorry if i didnt follow some format that i dont know off

thm_w:
Those all look terrible.
Don't get a 2-in-1 if you can, we have quite a few threads discussing this.

Get a T12 clone and an 858D for that level of budget.

Hot plate can work if you are soldering single sided boards, but its not going to really work for SMD rework.

Sniper1:
T12 what? well ill google it and see what is available, thx for your help 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version