Products > Other Equipment & Products

Rigol DS1052 Hack question

(1/1)

whizzo944:
Hello All,
             My first post here, so go easy on me, OK  :)    I have been considering buying a Rigol DS1052 and doing the
hack to 100MHz.  My question is, has anyone bricked one of these trying to mod it, and if they have, is there a way
to recover the unit?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Psi:

--- Quote from: whizzo944 on January 02, 2011, 09:33:03 am ---has anyone bricked one

--- End quote ---
Yes

The first method used to hack these scopes involved connecting a serial cable and typing out some commands. If you accidently pressed the enter key (very easy to do without thinking) or you typed the wrong thing, you could overwrite some code and brick the scope. So as you can imagine some scopes were bricked when people tried this method.

The newer method of hacking involves a usb stick, so it's much easier and safer, however, i'm not going to say that it's 100% safe. There seems to be issues with some of the scopes with the newest firmware. I recommend you read as much as you can about the hack before deciding if you're going to try it.

--- Quote from: whizzo944 on January 02, 2011, 09:33:03 am ---is there a way to recover the unit?

--- End quote ---
yes,no,maybe

There's a whole thread on here about people trying to fix bricked scopes

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1379.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version