Author Topic: Saike 852D++ Rework station & Clones!  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Saike 852D++ Rework station & Clones!
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:21:38 pm »
Hi!

I've just bought one of these for my home use & I'll begin with checking the case earthing, add DP mains-isolation switch, etc.

I will be providing teardown pics, schematics and parts lists from what I find, but I've a few questions:-

1) There's a whole plethora of different soldering-iron elements on fleabay (A1321, A1332, A1337, etc., etc.) - can anyone advise me which is the correct one to buy, likewise for the hot-air tool that comes with them?

2) Can I use a zero-crossing triac on the **850 Hot-air control PCB?

3) Can anyone point me in the direction of a Samsung MCU Programmer for these, and has anyone attempted to read-out, or been able to locate elsewhere on the net, firmware or source-code that all these Far Eastern thingys were born from?

4) Is the front PCB compatible with the UniSolder 5.2 project?

Another member pointed me in the direction of a UniSolder-compatible case as part of another make of station but I couldn't find one from a seller that ships to the UK, so I'll try again after November's pay-day!)

Chris Williams

PS!

I've just realised I've got the "852D+" type and there's a "852D++" type that has automatic turn–on for the hot–air thingy!

Rather than send it back with all the hassle entailed in returning the Great Banana Boat Motherland's Wonderful Electronic Toys, can you get an "upgrade kit" to convert the "852D+" to the "852D++" type separately, and if so, can someone post piccies or a link please?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:37:06 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf