Author Topic: Samsung S9+ Oled Screen Replacement and tear down photos via USB Microscope  (Read 1419 times)

Offline simmivTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi, I was replacing an AMOLED Screen on a Samsung Galaxy S9+..  Once I took the old screen off, I was curious as to how it is constructed.  So here are some photos that show the screen in more detail..

The broken screen held together by sticky tape for safety!!  The back was also smashed to bits as well, however once I put the phone into a DEX station and connected it to a computer monitor via HDMI, it seemed to function fine..  The DEX station allows you to mirror the screen via HDMI..

Once the Gorilla glass is off you can see the AMOLED screen itself.  It's pretty dusty, scratched and torn in places, so it's completely dead!

Once the AMOLED screen comes off the phone frame, I flipped it over to see the connections.  It has a big connector to connect to the main board of the phone.  The big flex is also broken out to a 7 pin smaller flex which goes under the main flex.

Here is a closeup of the main flex cable.  The larger IC is the touch controller S6SY761X..  The smaller one I don't know.  It seems to be marked with 8LS51, but I can't find it via Google.

Once you fold out the main flexi cable, it reveals the smaller one seems to connect to the back of the AMOLED.  The bigger one connects at the bottom front of the screen.  It's either glued or made during the manufacturing process..

The smaller flexi cable appears to terminate in some carbon tracks on the back. 

This is a bit of a closeup of the bottom front of the AMOLED screen where the main flexi attaches to it.  The bottom of the photo is the beginning of front bottom side of the AMOLED screen.

Here are a couple of 100x images of this connection.  You can see extremely tiny tracks and what looks like some components inside the plastic!!

Here is a side view of the AMOLED screen.  It appears to start at the back with a copper foil layer, then a rubber layer and lastly the plastic layer.  Of course there is glue in between, plus the plastic layer could have more layers than one..

I peeled back the copper and rubber layers on one of the rounded corners..   You can see tracks and some of the individual pixels..  First photo is 50x the second one is 100x

And finally here are the pixels magnified 100x from the front of the dead AMOLED screen, plus from the new one..

Rgds,
Simmi

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1

The following users thanked this post: kripton2035

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf