Products > Other Equipment & Products

scopes compared

(1/2) > >>

teknofon:
hi
i'm looking into buying a dso,
because i'm tired of my old flaky and heavy analog scopes.
(my best and most reliable is an old tektronix tube scope from 1968 serviced by tekronix in 1993 ;)

now my question
wich has the best bang for the buck?

RIGOL 1052E
ATTEN ADS 1062
OWON PDS 6062T

best regards
Martin Sorensen

ps sorry for my bad english i'm swedish :)

DJPhil:
Strictly from that list I'd suggest the Rigol, due to the ability to upgrade it to 100MHz. There's a wealth of info online about it's modification and use, so it has good community support.

Watch out for the Owon's STN screen technology on the lower model scopes, those STN screens really stink! The 6062 is sold with both the STN screen and a much better TFT version. I think the 6062 with the T on the end means it's a TFT model, but I'm not sure. Be sure to deal with a reputable seller, as I'm sure there's people out there who would bait and switch. Even assuming a TFT screen, I believe most folks would prefer the Rigol.

I can't say I know much about the Atten model. The specs don't look to be quite as good as the Rigol, though the price is slightly lower. If I had to choose I'd save up the difference just based on the difference between 500Ms/s and 1Gs/s.

There's a thread here, and another with a bit more detail here, about an Instek model that's a strong competitor. It's not (as far as I know) hackable to a higher bandwidth, but it's got other benefits. The price is nearly identical in the US from tequipment.net, though I'm not sure what the availability or pricing is like elsewhere.

Hope that helps. :)

Mechatrommer:

anyway... back to topic:
RIGOL = famous here
Atten = older rigol's clone
Owon = No review yet (or perharps i missed)

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: shafri on October 05, 2010, 04:42:36 pm ---RIGOL = famous here
Atten = older rigol's clone
Owon = No review yet (or perharps i missed)

--- End quote ---

That pretty much sums it up.
The only real competitor to the Rigol is the Instek 1000 series.

Dave.

Bored@Work:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on October 06, 2010, 05:16:03 am ---The only real competitor to the Rigol is the Instek 1000 series.

--- End quote ---

Make that the 1000A series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version