Products > Other Equipment & Products

Small size reflow hot plates

(1/3) > >>

123rolle:
Im looking for a small hot plate for SMD soldering. For PCBs size of arduino nano etc.. These are some I have found and would like to hear if some of these are "stay away" products or real good for the value:

MECHANIC ET-10

UYUE 946-1010

V-1010

Kaisi 818

And more expensive
MHP30

Based on youtube reviews these can be quite handy and not all gimmick stuff... I would be getting one for small DIY projects because someone like jlcpcb doesn't have ICs on stock which I would be using.

DIYGUY Chris:
Basically all the products that you have listed are quite the same, I will tell you my opinion about the UYUE one since I'm running with a UYUE 948S+ model, it says that these hot-plates could reach up to 350 degrees but unfortunately it is not true, it stops at around 215 degrees Celsius so you need to consider buying a low temperature solder paste if you are willing to use one of these models, I recommend the solder paste SMDLTLFP10T5 By CHIPQUIK
You can check the demonstration through my official Instagram (here is an example : https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdXyoetuw5A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link)
About the JLCPCB missing parts, you can source the components from external suppliers and get them assembled by JLC

Cheers

123rolle:
Do you mean even if you set it at 350C the temp doesn't go higher than about 215? Or that it is software limited to 215?

bateau020:
If you hesitate about the first devices you mentioned, the MHP30 is a very nice but also very small device. Easy to use, and there is open source firmware for it (see https://github.com/Ralim/IronOS/issues/822), but I never tested that.
You must however not underestimate ambient air flow. Just tested my MHP30: at the 300C setting, you easily get a 30 degree difference between the temperature the device thinks it is and the surface temp of the PCB on top of it, especially when you provoke airflow around it with a fan or an open window. Compensate for that, and why not combine the hot plate with a hot air gun. Plate for preheat, air gun for the soldering.

DIYGUY Chris:
Software limited

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version