Products > Other Equipment & Products

Solder Peak SP-1010DR (ZD-915 rebrand) teardown

<< < (5/6) > >>

TheBay:
Waking this thread up as it has the "Diode Mod"
Has anyone used a DC buck converter instead of those two resistors, as they are extremely cheap now.

I have the ZD-8915 and was planning to change those two resistors to diodes like "mos6502" did but I have a few buck modules here so might try that.
I'll post some pictures in it's own thread soon, but decided to have a look inside the ZD-8915, it's laid out slightly different but still uses those resistors and that board is part of the front buttons now.
Looking underneath the first resistor there are 8 pads/holes for an IC or diodes? maybe they were going to go with some better voltage regulation, I can't quite see behind the 2nd resistor.

I will be adding a relay, I do not understand why they connect that motor directly to the microswitch, it's crazy I'm surprised it works at all looking at the gauge of the wire!

smile:
SORNY ROONG INDUSTRIAL SL-928 desoldering station dead in usage after not more then ~48hrs run time.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/sorny-roong-industrial-sl-928-desoldering-station-temperature-sensor-failure/new/#new

Mouse69:
I used a 42mm hole cutter on the fan 'grill', utilising the centre hole as a guide (with everything out of the case) and cut it all out.

I cut a little from one side, then finished from the other to reduce any bur.  A quick clean up with a half round file, some paint on the bare metal (I'm in the UK and we have some rain) and it's good to go.

New 'quiet' fan and a metal grill goes back in to finish this mod.

aronake:
Do anybody know specification or part of the specifications on the motor and vacuum pump? 12V? Watt? Lite per min? etc? There seem to be be some text on the picture with the motor but picture is too small to read it.

jonatanrullman:

--- Quote from: aronake on July 03, 2022, 02:11:33 pm ---Do anybody know specification or part of the specifications on the motor and vacuum pump? 12V? Watt? Lite per min? etc? There seem to be be some text on the picture with the motor but picture is too small to read it.

--- End quote ---

For anyone else wondering about this, I opened up my unit and the markings on the motor say

wwww.elt-motor.com
ELT-555-35046

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version