Products > Other Equipment & Products

Solder Station New Model: YIHUA 948DB+ II

(1/1)

DW1961:
I can't find any in depth reviews on it. I did test it for ground at the back receptacle, and it is grounded there.

YIHUA 948DB+ II

(1) It's light
(2) plastic screen
(3) small screen at that, but it's a mini digital station, so yeah
(4) handle looked lame, but it is quite good, actually
(5) basic functions include calibration mode, 3 temp auto settings (saved), adjustable sleep time 5/10/30, auto turn off after so many minutes of sleep, which requires a true hard reset to start again, and that's about it.
(6) aluminum? or some type of metal case
(7) kinda ugly vs others, like Hakko.
(8 ) multi function temp dial (pressing it different number of times)

Comes with some shit rosin in a small shit container with one small shit bronze metal tip cleaner that sheds it's metal everywhere. It also comes with a plastic holder that is pretty stable and easy to insert the iron into. You'll still need some sort of cleaning station because the one it comes with is only good for a wand stand, as it is too small for standard size sponges of cleaning brass.. Oh, it also comes with three Yuhia tips that i will probably not ever use.

It's a very basic unit, which is fine.

I received this unit for a review.

If any one has any questions about it, let me know. I'm not opposed to tearing it open to answer a question.

I'd bet by year end it will be 50 bucks, unless it does something I didn't catch. It's just basic and overpriced.

thm_w:
Where can you get a T12 Hakko for $113?
Did you test if the tip of the iron is grounded, or the case?

One thing if the photos are right is the grip to tip distance is a bit long. Regular hakko handle has the grip at the second bump on the T12 tip, whereas this one shows it way back at the first bump.

Price is already $50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004853062117.html

DW1961:

--- Quote from: thm_w on March 30, 2023, 09:34:49 pm ---Where can you get a T12 Hakko for $113?
Did you test if the tip of the iron is grounded, or the case?

One thing if the photos are right is the grip to tip distance is a bit long. Regular Hakko handle has the grip at the second bump on the T12 tip, whereas this one shows it way back at the first bump.

Price is already $50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004853062117.html

--- End quote ---

You can't find a Hakko T12 for $113. I was comparing it to the 900 series. I removed that from my post.

I tested it at the tip to the ground plug in the back, and yes, it is grounded. Do you want me to test it in a different way? It is at the first bump, but after using it today, it's plenty short enough. It handles really well, and I don't think I would like it any shorter, but maybe the second bump might be better if I used that also. This length seems about right.

This thing heats up to melting 63/37 in like 3 seconds flat. it is incredibly fast to heat up. I used one of the D series I think 2.4mm tip that came with it and it worked well, unlike the non brand 900 series, which worked about as good as a coat hanger.

I set it to 250C and it soldered perfectly whereas my knock off transformer 900 series had to be set at around 330, with Hakko tips. Of course I don;t know how close in absolute temp they are at the tip.

On Amazon, it's now $71.00.

I just played with it a few minutes today, but if that is any indication of how much more precise and quick these T12s are vs the old 900 series type, I'm impressed, and happy.

thm_w:

--- Quote from: DW1961 on April 19, 2023, 04:56:18 am ---I tested it at the tip to the ground plug in the back, and yes, it is grounded. Do you want me to test it in a different way? It is at the first bump, but after using it today, it's plenty short enough. It handles really well, and I don't think I would like it any shorter, but maybe the second bump might be better if I used that also. This length seems about right.

--- End quote ---

Yeah if tip goes to the ground plug at the back then you are all good.

--- Quote ---This thing heats up to melting 63/37 in like 3 seconds flat. it is incredibly fast to heat up. I used one of the D series I think 2.4mm tip that came with it and it worked well, unlike the non brand 900 series, which worked about as good as a coat hanger.

I set it to 250C and it soldered perfectly whereas my knock off transformer 900 series had to be set at around 330, with Hakko tips. Of course I don;t know how close in absolute temp they are at the tip.

On Amazon, it's now $71.00.

I just played with it a few minutes today, but if that is any indication of how much more precise and quick these T12s are vs the old 900 series type, I'm impressed, and happy.

--- End quote ---

Nice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version