Author Topic: SORNY ROONG INDUSTRIAL SL-928 desoldering station temperature sensor failure  (Read 2218 times)

Offline smileTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello, I have the SORNY ROONG INDUSTRIAL SL-928.
Not many hours on the unit of usage, ~48hrs, but it's 3 years old. So no warranty.

The heating element heats up, but temperature display shows 7C instead of actual temperature. I tested the handle the temperature sensor is OK shows 20C when connected to DMM temperature mode, heating element is heating so it's OK.

I'm looking for schematics any help.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:46:24 pm by smile »

• Regular Contributor
I tested the 3 transistors C1815L they seem fine, the LM358P DIP8 don't know, tricky to test. There a no other parts between Thermocouple and main IC chip.

Thermocouple give me 0.3ohm value and measures 20C on DMM switched to temperature range. Maybe it's dead.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:30:47 pm by smile »

Offline HumbleDeer

• Contributor
Have you managed to fix your station?

You can test the thermocouple by using DC Volts to measure the voltage across the junction. Heat it up a little with something like your hot air gun, lighter from a distance, whatever is not too stupidly hot. :)

• Regular Contributor
Decided to post the way to resolve this is to buy new heating element PENSOL-SL916-GH
this code works on tme.eu website. The hour used before the element was damaged is very very low.

Now I do not run hotter then 380C, and always use hot air assist to actually use this thing as the 50W heater is really a joke on any multiplayer board.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf