Products > Other Equipment & Products

CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations

<< < (229/809) > >>

wickated:
looks like that clones didnt even suggest to have flash memory as writeable more than once. maybe usage of eeeprom should help, but since original stm or good clones acts well w/o eeeprom, its not a solution.

DavidAlfa:
The problem doesn't come from the Flash.

DavidAlfa:
Well, I finally caught and fixed some strange bugs I had noticed some time ago.
- After first boot the PID goes nuts - PWM settings not being reloaded after initializing the profile, staying with failsafe values.
- After editing the tip name, it usually returned to main screen no matter what - Idle timer not being updated in that screen.
- 36MHz devices still had some issues.... I have fully tested and adjusted the timing. Only 50uS caused a lot of trouble!

Filtering low ADC sampling rates is hard, you have to choose between adding delay or having more noise.
So, after -lots- of testing, I completely changed the PWM timings and filtering:
- 50Hz PWM
- 100uS delay
- The increased noise is not a problem, thanks to the higher sample rate, now EMA factor 4-5 can be used without delay issues, filtering much better.
- Tweaked the filtering override parameters (To avoid delaying the signal when the temp is changing very fast).
  I found a sweet spot where the noise is nicely filtered, but any big change resets the filtering and lets the PID react quickly.
  Of course, if your board is reading giant spikes it will cause all kind of troubles. Can't make much about that!

Set the temp graph update rate to follow the PWM frequency for the smoothest experience possible.
50FPS+ are completely possible at least on boards that use hw dma display. Software i2c boards... I don't think so!  ::)
Also made some improvements in the power graph (more reactive, less delay)
The filtering method widget was deleted, instead, to disable EMA just set factor 0.

My 3 tips are almost dying. Some had a lot of use, others became glowing candles while debugging (Consider donating some tips for the project? Beer is also ok :D), surviving that was a miracle!
And after all, they're are doing really well with the new settings. So give it a try!
New video coming!

wickated:
this sounds like a bomb, looks like now it works like original jbc station.

DavidAlfa:
Uuh, wait until my next update. |O
After a while using it I got some strange measuring errors, but only when using low calibration values.
I hope I catch this stupid bug soon!

Edit: It seems one of my tips is dying, causing a lot of mess!
The others tips work ok, but let me ensure...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version