Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 639167 times)

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for STM32 OLED Digital Soldering Station with T12 Handle
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 07:03:32 pm »
Hi PT_Dreamer,

now looks good! :-+  :clap: :clap:

It is still not showing the "NO IRON" message, but probably I have a board with a HW fault...

I found another minor issue: In the BOOST menue the values cannot be saved (SAVE button not accessible)

Thank you for your really fast support.

I'm still waiting for the ordered Hirose RPC1 connectors, then I will do further tests with my JBC handle...

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »
This should fix the saving not possible on the boost menu, let me know if it doesn't.

Thank you for your really fast support.
No problem  :)

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 09:15:52 pm »
Any chance on making the temperature font larger, there is allot of real estate being wasted

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 10:17:48 pm »
Any chance on making the temperature font larger, there is allot of real estate being wasted
Sure, if you guys test it. My two controllers are in use and encased, testing this now is a pain.

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 10:31:55 pm »
Here you go, it is probably not centered though

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 06:49:23 am »
Boost menue issue now solved. :-+

Temperature font now larger, but the last digit nearly not visible and not centered...

Thanks a lot!

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 08:25:22 pm »

Temperature font now larger, but the last digit nearly not visible and not centered...

Thanks a lot!
How about this?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 12:53:08 am »
Sure, if you guys test it. My two controllers are in use and encased, testing this now is a pain.
I am still waiting for mine to arrive, its with a friend in the U.S. waiting for him to ship it to Central America.

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 10:29:02 am »

Thanks a lot!
How about this?

Better, but still a part of the last digit missing.... ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:31:51 am by giovannirat »

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 01:36:44 pm »
Hi,

Here is one more for you to try, I also sent you a PM asking for your email so we can continue this testing that way since I don't think me posting firmware and getting your feedback is of interest to anyone else.

Offline romekplay

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 10:01:29 pm »
Hi PT_Dreamer,
do you have any feedback from giovannirat, where you were trying to fix OLED display content shifted to one side? I would like to build that project using the same controller with the same OLED display. I dont do programing so I need to stick to firmware which was already  compiled for JBC. Thanks.

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 10:47:23 pm »
Hi,

Yes, we continued the conversation via PM. Everything is ok now.
New firmware versions are available on gitHub (link on my blog), there are versions for JBC and Hakko for both the small and the big screens.

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 01:19:25 am »
Just out of curiosity, would this firmware be compatible with other stm32 controller board revisions?

Offline romekplay

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 08:04:31 am »
Thank you for replaying. I found  link to gitHub ,there is a file "iron_jbc.elf" I would be interested in. So this firmware (that particular file) can handle both the small and the big screens?

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 09:10:09 am »
Thank you for replaying. I found  link to gitHub ,there is a file "iron_jbc.elf" I would be interested in. So this firmware (that particular file) can handle both the small and the big screens?
No, please look at the last blog post, there is a total of 4 zip file, hakko, jbc, hakko +big screen, jbc+big screen
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:13:07 am by PT_Dreamer »

The following users thanked this post: romekplay

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2018, 09:14:01 am »
Just out of curiosity, would this firmware be compatible with other stm32 controller board revisions?
Hi, I'm sure you can answer that question right?

Offline romekplay

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 11:04:32 am »
Yes, I found it ! Thanks a lot.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 08:30:41 pm »
Hi, I'm sure you can answer that question right?
I suspect the answer is NO, I just want to confirm this.

Offline El Yeti

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2018, 10:46:17 pm »
Hello!
Thank you for sharing this CFW!

I have purchased a KSGER T12 OLED Station, but it has a STM32F102C8  instead of the F103.
Can your firmware run on F102C8 or I must replace the CPU?
Best regards,
Demian

Offline romekplay

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2018, 05:33:19 pm »
ok guys,
I just tried both version of your firmware, for JBC and for Hakko. They seem to be the same regarding display symbols.
Even pre-defined tips are the same in both version. Is that ok?
  OK, programming was my fault...
But I would like to ask to explain the display layout. So far I was using old school soldering irons, so this is pretty new for me. It may be helpful also for someone else. SoI have following questions:

Left upper corner symbols can be following: SET, STB, BOO  "Set" is supposted to be temperature settings. That is clear.
What "STB" stand for? Is it Standby/Sleep setting? "BOO" symbol I guess is Boost mode. What for is boost feature? How do I use it?
Right upper corner - "%" symbol. What is the purpose of this symbol?
Left bottom corner - There are D24, BC2, DFLT, B symbols -- I guess they are preset settings for tips. D24, BC2 - are they ksger/Hakko T12-BC2 and T12-D24 tips? Why D24 and BC2 need to have extra settings?  "B" symbol - not sure. With Hakko firmware I would like to use T12-JS02. Shall I use DFLT settings?
DFLT symbol- I guess it means "default". What tips are covered by DFLT settins? 
Regards, Roman
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:10:03 am by romekplay »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2018, 09:32:46 pm »
You guys might have better luck with support if you use the github site for bug reports and feature requests

https://github.com/PTDreamer/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/issues

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 08:50:54 pm »
Hello!
Thank you for sharing this CFW!

I have purchased a KSGER T12 OLED Station, but it has a STM32F102C8  instead of the F103.
Can your firmware run on F102C8 or I must replace the CPU?
Best regards,
Demian
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
I'm not familiar with that cpu, but at a first glance even the max cpu frequency is lower so it would mess up things big time.
Although it is likely possible to run the firmware on that cpu you would have to make the changes yourself so it will probably be simpler just to swap the chip.

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 09:04:33 pm »
ok guys,
I just tried both version of your firmware, for JBC and for Hakko. They seem to be the same regarding display symbols.
Even pre-defined tips are the same in both version. Is that ok?
  OK, programming was my fault...
But I would like to ask to explain the display layout. So far I was using old school soldering irons, so this is pretty new for me. It may be helpful also for someone else. SoI have following questions:

Left upper corner symbols can be following: SET, STB, BOO  "Set" is supposted to be temperature settings. That is clear.
What "STB" stand for? Is it Standby/Sleep setting? "BOO" symbol I guess is Boost mode. What for is boost feature? How do I use it?
Right upper corner - "%" symbol. What is the purpose of this symbol?
Left bottom corner - There are D24, BC2, DFLT, B symbols -- I guess they are preset settings for tips. D24, BC2 - are they ksger/Hakko T12-BC2 and T12-D24 tips? Why D24 and BC2 need to have extra settings?  "B" symbol - not sure. With Hakko firmware I would like to use T12-JS02. Shall I use DFLT settings?
DFLT symbol- I guess it means "default". What tips are covered by DFLT settins? 
Regards, Roman
Hi,

You made a similar question on my blog so I answered there.
However since it seems to be a common question, regarding tip settings, the ones which have defaults on the firmware images aren't special in any way or form, they just happen to be the one I have.
The defaults should work with any tip but the performance will be poor. First the termocouple on the hacko tips varies a lot in terms of response from tip to tip (probably due to differences in terms of termocoupling), second depending on the termal mass of the tip the PID should be tune accordingly. Also PID tune depends on ones preference, you can favor response speed (for example when you put the tip to a big component) over decrease overshoot, or have no or little overshoot with a not so snappy response.
So if you want the best performance you should create a new tip (on the tips menu), run temperature calibration (requires an external temperature sensor), and tune the PID. If you just want to solder stuff just pick one of the defaults.

Cheers,

José

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2018, 09:09:11 pm »
You guys might have better luck with support if you use the github site for bug reports and feature requests

https://github.com/PTDreamer/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/issues
Hi,

The thing is that with this forum if I miss an email for a thread reply the system doesn't send any subsequent emails for other replies.

Offline st

• Contributor
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:40 am »
I have finished the hardware for my makita battery powered JBC soldering station:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNUGWBi8TsTv3XJrhcUtLYmIUcQqSJdHKy6biLLu8C_IrXBQqWFeakXPjf2mygBng?key=U2VjWEVPLTZlNmxCVjBtRDdqZ21BQnF2dmNydW9B

The battery interface is a chinese clone of the Makita USB phone charger for about $10.
The USB charger still works (and is rather well made with two separate DC/DC converters).

I included a 10A automotive fuse, and a DC connector charging port for the battery.

Please note the difference between the 245 and 210 tip connections, as now documented on Jose's blog and github page:
https://www.ptdreamer.com/chinese-stm32-oled-soldering-controller-important-update/
https://github.com/PTDreamer/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/issues/4

If you don't watch this the PCB will smoke as soon as you try to put the iron in the stand for sleep.

The code changes for battery voltage display are also available on the github page.

Thanks again to Jose for his fine software, and the help in resolving the connection problems mentioned above.

Next: Makita battery powered work light with 120cmx22cm 70W LED cob, as seen on BigClive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf