Products > Other Equipment & Products

CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations

<< < (597/614) > >>

ygi:
The power setting is really a limit for when you're using a power supply that's too weak for the tip. If yours can do 300W, you can leave it at that. Now for the heater setting, I'm not quite sure how it interacts with power delivery control. I would change it back unless David says it's fine like that.
PID settings for T12 are most likely not adequate for TX2. You can get really slow response time if it's not configured properly. Also, check if the MOSFET is overheating. I know others said it's fine according to datasheet but that's only if the part is genuine.

DavidAlfa:
The heater resistance is used for the power limit function, nothing else, it simply uses Ohms law:

Power supply2/resistance = Max Power.

If this value exceeds power limit value, it adjusts the relative 100% PWM duty value.

Ex. If 24V puts 200W into the tip but you set 100W limit, the "virtual" 100% PWM output value would be actually the 50%, and that's what is used for PID calculation.

At maximum output, each PWM cycle would average the power limit: 50% at 200w, 50% off, average=100W.
Since PWM cycles is 200ms, there's no time for the heater to overheat and burn.

If course if you use a very low power heater, it would blow up like a fuse, even limiting the power, like driving 1W with 200W pulses.
But not likely to happen with any soldering heater.

Embehu:

--- Quote from: DavidAlfa on May 22, 2022, 04:39:11 pm ---The heater resistance is used for the power limit function, nothing else, it simply uses Ohms law:

Power supply2/resistance = Max Power.

If this value exceeds power limit value, it adjusts the relative 100% PWM duty value.

Ex. If 24V puts 200W into the tip but you set 100W limit, the "virtual" 100% PWM output value would be actually the 50%, and that's what is used for PID calculation.

At maximum output, each PWM cycle would average the power limit: 50% at 200w, 50% off, average=100W.
Since PWM cycles is 200ms, there's no time for the heater to overheat and burn.

If course if you use a very low power heater, it would blow up like a fuse, even limiting the power, like driving 1W with 200W pulses.
But not likely to happen with any soldering heater.

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much. I got the idea. Could you please explain a little bit about Imax (now it’s 0.7) what if I increase it to 1 2....?

Moreover, please add these explaining to your github. I think it will be really useful for someone noob like me

--- Quote from: ygi on May 22, 2022, 04:15:03 pm ---The power setting is really a limit for when you're using a power supply that's too weak for the tip. If yours can do 300W, you can leave it at that. Now for the heater setting, I'm not quite sure how it interacts with power delivery control. I would change it back unless David says it's fine like that.
PID settings for T12 are most likely not adequate for TX2. You can get really slow response time if it's not configured properly. Also, check if the MOSFET is overheating. I know others said it's fine according to datasheet but that's only if the part is genuine.

--- End quote ---

As DavidAlfa explained, I got the main idea. I do have 24V/14A psu and a laptop ac adaptor (19V 7A). Which one should I use? Since now I’m using DC power supply for testing current and so on

DavidAlfa:
Explain what in GitHub? It does what it's supposed to do, limit the power, everything it's pretty well explained in the Operation manual.
Same for Imax, it's a PID adjustment, means Integral Max Accumulator, the limit it will grow, and the grow speed depends on Ki, all this is also explained.
I can briefly explain what each option does, but not down to ground level, I'm not a teacher!

Both power supplies are ok, 19V will give 120W and 24V 192W, with a 3 ohm load.

Embehu:

--- Quote from: DavidAlfa on May 23, 2022, 08:09:08 am ---Explain what in GitHub? It does what it's supposed to do, limit the power, everything it's pretty well explained in the Operation manual.
Same for Imax, it's a PID adjustment, means Integral Max Accumulator, the limit it will grow, and the grow speed depends on Ki, all this is also explained.
I can briefly explain what each option does, but not down to ground level, I'm not a teacher!

Both power supplies are ok, 19V will give 120W and 24V 192W, with a 3 ohm load.

--- End quote ---

Thanks again! This is really good fw for the one not really good from China :D

Actually I’m not an electrical engineering, but I learned my first lesson from our school when my professor said “what ever you do, just do things that anyone could understand what you are doing no matter who are they, professor, amateur or stupid ones”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version