Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 643632 times)

Offline RaySoft

Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #3050 on: June 16, 2022, 06:38:51 pm »
Hi!
No matter what I do, It won't connect.

20:23:50 : ST-LINK SN  : 09130308C215303030303032
20:23:50 : ST-LINK FW  : V2J39S7
20:23:50 : Board       : --
20:23:50 : Voltage     : 3.13V
20:23:50 : Error: No STM32 target found!

I get this all the time. I have checked all the pins and they are correct.
I've tried to connect the RST pin connected to the stlink and I've tried without, but then shorting the cap that goes to that pin. (as the instructions say) And both of the above to no avail.

The above error message comes immediately when I press the connect button.
As mentioned I have checked every pin with a multimeter so I know the pins are correct and not shorted anywhere.

I've also tried suplying the voltage from both the stlink or from the ksger powersupply.

Any ideas would be welcome.

KSGER v2.1S

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3051 on: June 16, 2022, 06:59:40 pm »
Is it a real stm32? Show pictures of your board and your connection.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline RaySoft

« Reply #3052 on: June 16, 2022, 09:25:59 pm »
Is it a real stm32? Show pictures of your board and your connection.
I checked my soldered connector one more time and found a cold joint. That was it. I have now flashed your CFW without the rst connection :-+

Thanx for all your work bringing a much improved fw for all our solder stations :clap:

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline Polf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3053 on: July 02, 2022, 08:13:26 am »
David, you deleted the old binary files from the github, but the new ones did not appear there. :-[

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3054 on: July 02, 2022, 10:35:02 am »
David, you deleted the old binary files from the github, but the new ones did not appear there. :-[

They are no longer thrown into the source code, they are now properly uploaded in the releases section instead: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/releases

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa, Polf

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3055 on: July 02, 2022, 01:02:25 pm »
finally got cheap oscil imitation
it says this

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3056 on: July 02, 2022, 01:52:11 pm »
It's described in the readme, go to Releases  :-+
Now it's pretty stable, it makes sense, and I can easily add a changelog.
Previously there were too frequent updates, I didn't want to make 500 releases :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 01:57:06 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo, Polf

Offline vqtrong

• Contributor
« Reply #3057 on: July 03, 2022, 02:10:11 pm »
Am I too late for this super cool topic? I can't find any store selling any STM32 version. They changed to CKS or MM chip. |O |O |O

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3058 on: July 03, 2022, 02:25:12 pm »
Is there actually any source where it is still possible to get a controller which works on the KSGER board? I've ordered a second station about a week ago which will, for sure, come with this "MM32" controller. And to be honest I did not expect it to be THAT difficult to get a replacement controller for it. I still have a ST Nucleo board which seems to have a compatible controller on it. Maybe I'll just "borrow" this one and replace it as soon as chips are in stock again...

Can someone tell me how heat sensitive the OLED screens are? Should I desolder it before attempting to desolder the MM32 with hot air?

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3059 on: July 03, 2022, 04:10:01 pm »
Not that sensitive as long as you don't blast the screen in the face. If unsure, you can reflow the MCU's pins with leaded solder to lower the melting point and deflect heat away from the screen with aluminium foil. These boards are thin and light on copper, they don't take much heat before solder starts flowing.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3060 on: July 03, 2022, 10:54:22 pm »
CKS32 are fine, the incompatibles are MM32 and CH32.

Just wrap the screen with something to ensure it doesn't get an accidental hot blast, other than that, replacing the mcu is easy, specially the 48pin packages.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:57:45 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3061 on: July 04, 2022, 02:17:22 pm »
The KSGER 3.1 seems to have an 64 pin MCU. Did actually someone test if the MM32 does work somehow? I'll get this station in a few weeks, can absolutely not find any source for a compatible 64 pin MCU and so would have this thing for testing purposes. I guess we will have to deal with this clone MCU for quite a while (and maybe even if the STM gets available again as probably MM32 is much cheaper). So it may be worth a try to find a solution to use this MCU.

I had a look at the Nucleo board that I hoped can act as a donor here. But at first I did not look closely at the MCU. It unfortunately is not F103 but a STM32L053R8T6. That's not compatible, right?

Would it actually be possible to bodge wire any other STM32F103 in there? I have a few STM32F103CBT6. That's a 48 pin MCU, so won't fit directly. But if there are not too many connections this should be possible to patch in. Is there a pin list somewhere so I can check how to move the needed pins? No, I don't have the ST IDE and I can't install it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:19:51 pm by M-Reimer »

Offline vqtrong

• Contributor
« Reply #3062 on: July 05, 2022, 03:17:55 am »
I asked on https://quicko.aliexpress.com/store/2954088,
they said:
  • only T12-955 V2.x model has STM32 IC
  • T12-958 V3.x model uses MM32, even they still write stm32 on title  >:(
  • other models use STC

Do you find any store selling STM32 or CKS32 V3.x? I can replace the IC if it has CKS.

If it is hard to find V3.x model using STM32/CKS, I think I have to go with T12-955 V2.x. Any other advice? Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 03:25:43 am by vqtrong »

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3063 on: July 05, 2022, 04:18:05 am »
I bought this soldering station. It used STM32F103:
https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005003763630515.html
What processor now - I do not know. You have to ask about it.

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3064 on: July 05, 2022, 02:24:28 pm »
If it is hard to find V3.x model using STM32/CKS, I think I have to go with T12-955 V2.x. Any other advice? Thanks.

Same for me. And I actually got fooled by the description on Aliexpress where they still say it is "STM32". Still have to wait what I'll get but I'm almost 100% sure it will be MM32.

I had a closer look at the schematics and as the instructions on DavidAlfa's GitHub say that it doesn't really matter which F103 is used as long it has enough flash I think I'll be able to mod my 48pin chip in there. I'll at least try that as, to be honest, I really enjoy doing such fine soldering stuff  ;D

It seems to be totally possible to get STM32F103C8T6 based development boards. When searching, I even had the choice if I want to have the original STM IC or the CKS clone chip. As the CKS chip is also OK, I think this is a possible supply of chips to mod stations coming with unsupported chips. That's a bit more expensive than just getting the chip but in combination still way cheaper than any Hakko station.

And if we now (probably) have to do modding anyway in future, then I'm wondering if it would be possible to get one of the cheap STC based stations, throw out the chip, add ribbon cable in its position and wire the other end of the ribbon to a bluepill dev board. Maybe I should try to find the cheapest possible STC based T12 station to trace out the schematics to see if it is "close enough" that it works as "external circuit" around a STM32 dev board with DavidAlfa's firmware. I don't really need a third station but probably that could be fun to try  ;)

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3065 on: July 05, 2022, 07:44:52 pm »
looks like 2 buck per 1 cks chip. maybe i even buy one for test purposes.

Offline vqtrong

• Contributor
« Reply #3066 on: July 06, 2022, 08:38:49 am »

I had a closer look at the schematics and as the instructions on DavidAlfa's GitHub say that it doesn't really matter which F103 is used as long it has enough flash I think I'll be able to mod my 48pin chip in there. I'll at least try that as, to be honest, I really enjoy doing such fine soldering stuff  ;D

And if we now (probably) have to do modding anyway in future, then I'm wondering if it would be possible to get one of the cheap STC based stations, throw out the chip, add ribbon cable in its position and wire the other end of the ribbon to a bluepill dev board. Maybe I should try to find the cheapest possible STC based T12 station to trace out the schematics to see if it is "close enough" that it works as "external circuit" around a STM32 dev board with DavidAlfa's firmware. I don't really need a third station but probably that could be fun to try  ;)

Warning: it's a MM32SPIN27PF. That's a Cortex M0, so it won't be compatible with this CFW.
There isn't a single ksger with a M0 mcu, all use STM32 F1 series (cortex M3).
Porting it would be lot of work for just a single board.

I recommend replacing it with a stm32F103C8 or CB, ex. from here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001953737425.html
Might be a clone, but most work ok. Only CH32F have issues in this FW (ADC reading random values).

Does DavidAlfa means that we can get directly replace a MM32 with STM32F1?
I have here an image of MM32 of KSGER V3.1. At first, I have to compare the pinout on PCB with KSGER/Quickco PCB.

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3067 on: July 06, 2022, 06:45:24 pm »
This board actually does not look like a KSGER 3.1. Now I'm curious what I'll receive. I hoped for a board with 64 pin IC, just like the V3.1 I'm used to. Advantage of your board: The available STM32 ICs can be just "swapped in". Disadvantage: This does not match any photo of known boards that I've found so far.

That's what my KSGER 3.1 looks like: https://github.com/dreamcat4/t12-t245-controllers-docs/blob/master/controllers/stm32-t12-oled/v3.0-and-v3.1/r0/f103-back-hi-res.jpg

If they designed a completely new board, then it may be tricky to find out which station this actually matches now. Can you create a photo of the full board and post it here?

Edit: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller says that you can find out what type of board you have by looking at the display connection. Yours is 6 pin, so probably a "v3.x". And I also found your board. The seller seems to call it "V2.01": https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000104741034.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:31:47 pm by M-Reimer »

Offline schwaggins

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3068 on: July 07, 2022, 04:02:57 pm »
The latest QUICKO firmware is a huge improvement on my DXCHMEI T12-A, even the OLED display looks better/more vibrant.
These tip settings make it run perfect
Kp: 120     
Ki: 50
Kd: 20
Imax: 0.5
Imin: 0
I installed a JST header so it can be flashed without opening it

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3069 on: July 08, 2022, 12:51:20 am »

Yes, the board layout didn't change, you can perfectly replace the mm32 with a STM32F103.
Other F1 series, not sure, I made the firmware specifically for the 103.

Offline rfdes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3070 on: July 08, 2022, 01:48:03 am »

I have recently purchased a KSGER 3.1 ver of the soldering station and am curious about this custom firmware project.  I read through the read-me files on the GitHub link and cannot see what improvements have been made using the custom firmware as opposed to the mfg original version.  I apologize if I have overlooked the obvious.  Would someone please enlighten me?
Thanks - Jim

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3071 on: July 08, 2022, 05:20:06 am »

I have recently purchased a KSGER 3.1 ver of the soldering station and am curious about this custom firmware project.  I read through the read-me files on the GitHub link and cannot see what improvements have been made using the custom firmware as opposed to the mfg original version.  I apologize if I have overlooked the obvious.  Would someone please enlighten me?
Thanks - Jim
This video is rather old, there have been many improvements since then, but it will give you and idea of the features:

Offline KocsisV

• Contributor
« Reply #3072 on: July 08, 2022, 02:38:42 pm »
Hot glue inside of it might not be the best idea  :)
I wired mine out to a DB9 alongside of a few gpios + power.
Btw, because you have a battery installed you can enable the "HAS_BATTERY" option in the config.h to have the option to remember the last used tip temperature.

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

Offline vqtrong

• Contributor
« Reply #3073 on: July 09, 2022, 04:05:21 am »
This board actually does not look like a KSGER 3.1. Now I'm curious what I'll receive. I hoped for a board with 64 pin IC, just like the V3.1 I'm used to. Advantage of your board: The available STM32 ICs can be just "swapped in". Disadvantage: This does not match any photo of known boards that I've found so far.

That's what my KSGER 3.1 looks like: https://github.com/dreamcat4/t12-t245-controllers-docs/blob/master/controllers/stm32-t12-oled/v3.0-and-v3.1/r0/f103-back-hi-res.jpg

If they designed a completely new board, then it may be tricky to find out which station this actually matches now. Can you create a photo of the full board and post it here?

Edit: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller says that you can find out what type of board you have by looking at the display connection. Yours is 6 pin, so probably a "v3.x". And I also found your board. The seller seems to call it "V2.01": https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000104741034.html

It prints T12-V20 in the front. But it has 6 pin for OLED SPI. Anyway, I will give it a try.

Yes, the board layout didn't change, you can perfectly replace the mm32 with a STM32F103.
Other F1 series, not sure, I made the firmware specifically for the 103.

Thanks for confirming.

looks like 2 buck per 1 cks chip. maybe i even buy one for test purposes.

I will try to swap the IC with a CKS (I do not have an STM32F1 T.T). Hope it can survice after the surgery.

Offline TheInvisible

« Reply #3074 on: July 09, 2022, 04:46:53 pm »
Hi!

After flashing the latest (v1.01) BIN to a Quicko T12 with STM32F072 I get a "HARD FAULT SYSTEM HALTET Use btn to reset" error message on the display of the soldering station. Pressing the button results in the same error message. I've also tried v1.0, but there seems to be no difference.

Any ideas?

For the moment I'm back to a version from Oct 28. 2021, which works fine for me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf