Products > Other Equipment & Products

CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations

<< < (752/809) > >>

Rixi:
Is this the regulator?

When I find the time I'll try to figure out how hot it gets.

DavidAlfa:
Yes

Jono434:
I will try to add some information and voltages from blue PCB version later today.  I couldn't find any seller on AliExpress, selling anything other than green or blue PCB for V2.1S.  Even other listings..  even if it's a good pic of a good controller board, it's likely fake because they say in communication that it will be a blue or a green PCB (random).  It's pretty hard to find to find the specific one you want.  It seems like it was easier a few years ago.  I bought a full KSGER station which came with the blue PCB.  And I have a separate blue PCB (hopefully) just in case I brick the firmware or some other accident happens.  I already shorted one of the LDO's when probing because the pins are too damn small.  Or I suck. :palm:  The board still works, and I was going to use a buck converter anyway, so it's not a big thing.  But shows how easy it is for things to go wrong.

--- Quote from: Rixi on December 07, 2023, 11:11:16 am ---If you find a video or picture how to open the C245 handles, this would be great ! I searched for it some time ago but didn't find anything.

--- End quote ---

I found the video.

It's not Sugon or Aixun, it's a T245 from a BST station but these are all JBC handle clones and I expect them all to be similar internally since they are variations that are cloning the same thing.  I attached a screencap of the glue I was talking about.  I don't know if this helps, the handles you linked could be completely different.. but it gives an idea of what to expect.  It's possible the plastic could crack, but in the video it didn't.

Jono434:
Before probing the output of U2 was 8.04V, after probing it a few times.. it now outputs 2.32V and the display won't turn on.  Looking at the PCB, I'm not sure what I did because it doesn't seem possible to touch the outside pins together with a probe pin.  Maybe a cold solder joint or maybe U2 didn't like the physical stress of being touched while turned on?  :-//  I was going to cut the trace and bypass U2 anyway, so it's not a big problem.

When connecting 2XAA batteries to the middle pin of U2, or using 3.3V Mini 560PRO Buck converter, the display turns on and board functions normally.  I don't have a handle wired yet, but in terms of navigating menus, the board will works fine.  After 5-10 mins.. the average temp across the whole board is 32C, including U2 and U6 but that's while idling.  I'm sure it's much hotter under load.

I attached a pic of the blue PCB with some voltages, and a C245 PCB mod.  With this board configuration, is it easy to solder the JBC wire to pin 4, or is further modification necessary around the amplifier chip?

DavidAlfa:
Where did those 8V came from?
About the JBC mod, did you isolate that pin on the connector? Otherwise it'll be GND.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version