Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 639291 times)

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:19:26 pm by ricktendo »

The following users thanked this post: jotrinelectronics, Chuck1000rr, REWEREWE, maizang53, ahmadzaa, rlinx

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for STM32 OLED Digital Soldering Station with T12 Handle
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:45:14 pm »
Update: I requested a CFW Flashing video, he delivered

The following users thanked this post: ahmadzaa

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:05:48 am »
Hi Ricardo,

We can move the discussion regarding building from source here.
As I pointed on youtube the first step is to download System Workbench from http://www.openstm32.org/System%2BWorkbench%2Bfor%2BSTM32. It is free but requires an account.

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo, rlinx

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:13 pm »
Thank you for the instructions, I can build debug but when I try to try to build release I get these 3 errors

Code: [Select]
12:29:51 **** Build of configuration Release for project iron ****
make all
Building file: ../startup/startup_stm32f103xb.s
Invoking: MCU GCC Assembler
C:\Users\Ricardo\workspace\stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded\stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master\Release
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft -o "startup/startup_stm32f103xb.o" "../startup/startup_stm32f103xb.s"
Finished building: ../startup/startup_stm32f103xb.s

Building file: ../Src/iron.c
Invoking: MCU GCC Compiler
C:\Users\Ricardo\workspace\stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded\stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master\Release
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft '-D__weak=__attribute__((weak))' '-D__packed="__attribute__((__packed__))"' -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F103xB -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Inc" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver/Inc" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/STM32F1xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F1xx/Include" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/CMSIS/Include" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/graphics" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/graphics" -I"C:/Users/Ricardo/workspace/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master.zip_expanded/stm32_soldering_iron_controller-master/Drivers/graphics/gui"  -Og -g3 -Wall -fmessage-length=0 -ffunction-sections -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"Src/iron.d" -MT"Src/iron.o" -o "Src/iron.o" "../Src/iron.c"
../Src/iron.c:11:25: fatal error: tempsensors.h: No such file or directory
 #include "tempsensors.h"
                         ^
compilation terminated.
Src/subdir.mk:36: recipe for target 'Src/iron.o' failed
make: *** [Src/iron.o] Error 1

12:29:56 Build Finished (took 5s.46ms)

Also when I build, how do I make sure its for hakko tips and not jbc?

The following users thanked this post: rlinx

Offline TT_Vert

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 07:34:39 pm »
Can you tell me what that bottom right temp is and what it's purpose is?

Thanks
Dave

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 08:11:35 pm »
Thank you for the instructions, I can build debug but when I try to try to build release I get these 3 errors
You can use the debug build, that is what I use, it is a bit larger but it behaves the same. If you do want to use the release build I have just pushed a fix for that issue, you can clone the repository and it should build without issues.

Also when I build, how do I make sure its for hakko tips and not jbc?
Just use
#define JBC somewhere on the start of settings.c to build for JBC and remove that define to build for hakko.

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 08:14:06 pm »
Can you tell me what that bottom right temp is and what it's purpose is?

Thanks
Dave
It is supposed to be the ambient temperature in degrees Celsius, it is used for the cold junction compensation. Since I didn't see too much of a variation between sensors the calibration is hard coded, I can make it configurable if found necessary.

Offline TT_Vert

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 08:23:30 pm »
Thanks much, that's over my head.

Dave

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 09:11:46 pm »
You can use the debug build, that is what I use, it is a bit larger but it behaves the same. If you do want to use the release build I have just pushed a fix for that issue, you can clone the repository and it should build without issues.
You are correct, the ELF is different between the builds but the resulting BIN file is the exact same.

I did get these 3 warnings, hope they are not serious

Description Resource Path Location Type
suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of '|' [-Wparentheses] ugui.c /iron/Drivers/graphics line 5326 C/C++ Problem
suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of '|' [-Wparentheses] ugui.c /iron/Drivers/graphics line 5328 C/C++ Problem
suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of '|' [-Wparentheses] ugui.c /iron/Drivers/graphics line 5375 C/C++ Problem
suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of '|' [-Wparentheses] ugui.c /iron/Drivers/graphics line 5377 C/C++ Problem
unused variable 'tmp' [-Wunused-variable] ugui.c /iron/Drivers/graphics line 5810 C/C++ Problem
unused variable 'xs' [-Wunused-variable] ugui.c /iron/Drivers/graphics line 5808 C/C++ Problem

Thanks for everything

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 09:26:50 pm »
I did get these 3 warnings, hope they are not serious
Those are from the uGui library I'm using, I have checked and they are harmless.

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 09:41:23 pm »
Thanks much, that's over my head.

Dave
The cold junction compensation bit? That is not hard to understand at all.
The "temperature sensors" used on these soldering iron tips are thermocouples. A thermocouple reads a difference in temperatures not the absolute temperature, so in a iron tip it measures the difference between the tip temperature and the ambient temperature (not so simple but close enough). So in order for you to know the real iron tip temperature you need the thermocouple measure and another sensor reading which can provide the ambient temperature. Than you just compute the tip temperature real temperature.

Now you can ask what is the real value of having the ambient temperature being displayed, and you are right it isn't critical, I see it more like a sanity check, if it is on the ballpark of the ambient temperature it means the cold junction temperature sensing is at least reading something close to reality. 

Offline TT_Vert

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 10:39:55 pm »
So should that thermistor in the handle actually be in the base away from the handle where the heat of holding it will change the value?  Or should that be assumed to be the same temp each time you hold it since the human hand doesn't change in temp that much?

Thanks
Dave

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 10:56:21 pm »
So should that thermistor in the handle actually be in the base away from the handle where the heat of holding it will change the value?  Or should that be assumed to be the same temp each time you hold it since the human hand doesn't change in temp that much?

Thanks
Dave
Ideally it should be as close to the termistor as possible, or to be more accurate to the cold junction, that is where the two dissimilar metals become copper. In reality is doesn't really matter much.   

Offline TT_Vert

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »
But if it is using the thermistor in part of the calibration and the thermistor is in the handle where the ambient temp it is measuring changes just by the action of holding it, doesn't that skew the calibration?

Dave

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 11:53:53 pm »
But if it is using the thermistor in part of the calibration and the thermistor is in the handle where the ambient temp it is measuring changes just by the action of holding it, doesn't that skew the calibration?

Dave
Calibration has nothing to do with this, so no it doesn't skew calibration.
Increasing the handle temperature by holding it is why the thermistor should be placed there, so it can measure that increase.
As I said above a thermocouple "reads" the difference in temperature between its hot and cold junctions, and the cold junction is on the handle so that is the temperature that you should read to make the proper compensation.   

Offline TT_Vert

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 11:56:42 pm »
ok that makes sense now.

Thanks much

Dave

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 11:10:00 am »
Hi PT_Dreamer,

thank you for sharing your firmware.

I've got a controller , flashed the firmware for JBC. Everything went fine except two minor issues:
1) The display content seems to be shifted a few columns to the left
2) Even with no iron connected the display shows about 167 degree and not an error....

Is there an explanation?

Thanky you very much....

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 03:18:37 pm »
Hi PT_Dreamer,

I've got a controller , flashed the firmware for JBC. Everything went fine except two minor issues:
2) Even with no iron connected the display shows about 167 degree and not an error....

Is there an explanation?

Thanky you very much....
What size is your LCD?

You may also want to post your bug on the github issues page: https://github.com/PTDreamer/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/issues

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »
It is this controller and looks like te same  PT_Dreamer used (except the two colour display in his video) :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/STM32-OLED-V3-5-OLED-T12-Soldering-Station-Temperature-Control-Board-1-3-Size-Screen-OLED/32822843496.html

has a 1.3 inch display....

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 04:55:10 pm »
It is this controller and looks like te same  PT_Dreamer used (except the two colour display in his video) :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/STM32-OLED-V3-5-OLED-T12-Soldering-Station-Temperature-Control-Board-1-3-Size-Screen-OLED/32822843496.html

has a 1.3 inch display....
Yea its the exact same board revision V1.5, only difference is the LCD size: 1.3'' vs 0.96''
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:58:27 pm by ricktendo »

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 09:58:14 pm »
Hi PT_Dreamer,

Is there an explanation?

Thanky you very much....
Hi sorry for the late reply, I'll have to look at the forum settings because it seems I'm not receiving new post alerts.

1- As already referred above your screen is different than the one I got. It is bigger and doesn't have the upper yellow line. If you want I can try to write some changes to fix the issue you are having. Unfortunately since I don't have a similar screen to play with it will probably require a few iterations before we get it.

2- Not having the iron connected means that noise is being fed to the input of the double stage amplifier which is then fed to the ADC. On the board I have this condition will made it appear as if a temperature above specs is present and trigger a "NO IRON" message. If your hardware is working properly it seems to be reading noise with an average level similar to a termoucouple inside the temperature spec of a normally running iron and as such impossible to detect as a non connected iron. I can think of a few ways to improve the behavior but all hacky and prone to fail on edge cases. Open to ideas though.

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 10:32:48 pm »
@giovannirat

You can try the attached firmware to see if it fixes the screen issue. It is compiled for JBC, no idea if it is what you need but should be ok just for testing the screen.

EDIT: Please let me think about it some more and I'll post a better firmware tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:50:01 pm by PT_Dreamer »

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 06:18:26 am »
Hi PT_Dreamer,

thank you very  much for your support....

I will try the attached  firmware and give you feedback soon.

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 09:40:50 am »
Hi PT_Dreamer,

one step forward... :D

The left side of the screen looks ok now, but on the right side is still a two column "interference"....

And the temperature looks a bit high without any iron (jumps between 100° an 960°), but that's obvoiusly the noisy input... ::)

Thanks a lot!

Offline PT_Dreamer

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »
@giovannirat please try this new firmware, I tried fixing the screen issue in another way, after reading some docs it seems your screen uses a 132x64 controller while only having the normal 128 point horizontal resolution...which is weird....

I also tried lowering the "NO IRON" detection threshold.

@moderators if this kind of discussion/testing is outside the scope of this forum please let me know and I will move it to gitHub.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf