Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 643204 times)

Vital and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for STM32 OLED Digital Soldering Station with T12 Handle
« Reply #1125 on: June 17, 2021, 07:56:37 pm »
 :-DD :-DD :-DD

About Ksger... I tested a lot of things today, changing power supplies, comparing your FW with original Ksger. Something is not ok, but lets start with what you wanted me to test... 3.3V and op-amp out when I don't have a tip. It is in the attached file.

What is bothering me are those 2 dropouts on the 2nd picture. I checked output from op-amp and graph on the soldering iron. Voltage on the osciloscope is slowly droping. It is not a fast drop as you can see on the soldering iron. It doesn't make sense. Something is not as it should be. I will check the code about ADC tomorrow. Well I hope I will have time.
Another thing is adc delay .. on Ksger it is below 5 ms and everything is very fast. I will attached pictures tomorrow. I should also record a video for you to see how fast is a response from temp to temp.
Tomorrow pictures and description, other things later.
Thank you mr. KS.... I mean David  8)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1126 on: June 18, 2021, 11:14:22 am »
You might ask yourself if you understand what you're seeing in the graph.  That drop is just 5-10ºC.
Whatever the cause is, you'll hardly see that in the scope, it might be a drop of 40-60mV.
Ksger seems to be running at 500-600Hz.  I'm -not- goign to do that.
Anyways, you might remember that it fakes the temperature!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:20:30 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1127 on: June 18, 2021, 02:12:29 pm »
On the soldering station is T [t]. T is temprature, t is time.
On the osciloscope I am watching output of op-amp and how it is dropping when temperature is dropping on the soldering station. Pretty much at he same pace and everything looks ok. Problem I see is at the end of dropping temperature because voltage starts dropping slowly at "the end" (just before it is starting to rise - when soldering station is starting to heat) but temperature on the graph is dropping faster (where I pointed in my previous post on the picture).
As I understood you voltage in correlation to temperature is linear (some mV/C), is that correct? I don't understand how tip caould be drastically dropped in temperature as it is shown on that graph. Please explain so that I will not walk in the dark  ;)

Ksger has the same period (200 ms) as you have. Nothing is different with period, they just don't have so big a delay at the end of the period (low or no ADC delay). My problem is why I could have problems with your FW and not with Ksger (on physically different but "the same" board - both are from Ksger and v2.1s). Answer could be if I would desolder "your uC" and put back an original one. If everything will be the same on both boards then there is for sure something wrong in the FW and not on the board. Maybe it would be even better that I would know if there is any problem on this board. I hope not, but...  :-//

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1128 on: June 18, 2021, 06:04:48 pm »
I can run 1mS delay with most tips... But others cause trouble.
KSGER 200mS? Where?
Your picture shows 8ms/div and there are at least 5 pwm cycles per division...
I repeat: ksger doesn't display the real temperature.
There are fluctuations, but they don't show them.
However, I don't use to have those problems.
I'm looking at it, but I have a life!  :-+

Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1129 on: June 18, 2021, 07:39:55 pm »
I didn't upload any Ksger pictures yet... well, I did now.  ;)
You are correct about wrong temperatures, but it is way faster when I tried to take pictures on the oscilloscope. It is really good. Overall I like your menu and handling way better but I believe there are some issues I will try to do some work to help. First I will put Ksger to original state with original FW and compare it to mx main soldering station so that I am sure it is not pcb problem in any way. Then I will go back to the state I am now.

Attached files are all from Ksger FW and you see all measurments on the scope, power at maximum with very low measurment time, also a stable pwm when I set temp to 240C. There is also some not very stable 3.3V.
And you can see 200ms period with below 5ms adc.
If you need from me anything else that you want to see just let me know.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1130 on: June 18, 2021, 08:45:43 pm »
They are using too low delay.
The sinal is still rising, but they measure anyways.

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1131 on: June 19, 2021, 01:09:18 pm »
About Ksger FW:
When checking temperature with temperature tester I see practically no overshoot.
Also when checking op-amp output I see that You don't have to worry about wrong reading because after temperature is getting closer and closer to set temperature PWM is narrower and you have more "ADC delay "(you actually do not, but time from switching MOS off to reading ADC becomes further away).

About "David's FW"  ;):
I will try to get to the bottom of it by reading, testing, understanding FW, but I will need a lot of time because I don't have it that much. But I really will try to do that because I would like to have FW with beautiful interface from you and with stability "from Ksger".
First thing I will do is to change to new PID (already inside your FW) and then I will check everything about ADC (thing I think where the problem is).
After that... we shall see  :D

Offline RobHon

• Contributor
« Reply #1132 on: June 19, 2021, 07:03:01 pm »
Hello David,

I'm playing with the station this Saturday.
Things are complicated here when the STlink is not official and the target chip is a bad clone (CH32).
Even more complicated because, as I mentioned, I have zero experience with ST microcontrollers. .. So, most of challenge is to understand how ST IDE and Programmer works.

I manage to get the station working, so far, smoothly. I copied the project from GitHub and changed just the watchdog time, to 2.5 seconds, as you proposed a few messages ago.

I believe adjustments made after the last release (GitHub) and before the .bin of message#1066, doesn't work well to CH32 and causes that behavior (showing low input voltage, unrealistic tip temperature and room temp ramping up).

I'll attach the file I'm using. I change SW to 2021-06-19
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 01:20:01 am by RobHon »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1133 on: June 20, 2021, 08:04:18 am »
Did I already said that the versions I made for you were the same as Githubs's, only changing the watchdog time?
Anyways, I changed the saving function, now only disables irqs for each flash write instead for all.
This should fix the huge delay in the CH32F when saving (everything freezed for 2 seconds), including the watchdog problem.

I also made some changes in the ADC:
 - Temporal workaround, checking the PWM pin state before and after the conversion, discarding the adc measures if it finds it to be active.
 - Skipping and resetting the adc machine state if not found in the state it should. Seems to be some ocassional overlapping causing this.

While not perfect, this should avoid getting weird measures. I'm debugging it so no new builds yet.
I'm still finding out where the problems comes from, I think some calculations take too long sometimes.
But should be easy to catch, as I made the code very traceable and simple. It's just I didn't had the time for it yet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:06:25 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline RobHon

• Contributor
« Reply #1134 on: June 21, 2021, 01:26:47 am »
Did I already said that the versions I made for you were the same as Githubs's, only changing the watchdog time?
I didn't know.
But I understood that you are working in more structural improvements.
My apologies if my last message sounded hostile. That wasn't my intention.  I just have to thank you for the attention.

Online tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1135 on: June 21, 2021, 05:14:26 am »
Hi all.

After getting into this thread some weeks ago, I got a Quicko T12 from Aliexpress: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32994824865.html

It comes with a CKS32F103CBT6 MCU

I got also a couple STM32F103CBT6 spares (suposedly originals)  ::), a Blue Pill and an STLink V2... I was thinking about having this CFW from the beginning.

I just tried it, seems to work well. Better than mi Yihua 853D anyway. 

Now I disemboweled it and started to learn in detail about flashing it. I hope it's going to be my introduction to STM32 stuff. I'm going to try and get a backup of the OFW first. I 'm with the Obermaier paper and additionals right now.

Hopefully could you guys give any hints about this board's hardware and some link to basic acces to STM32? That connector marked GND-SWDIO-TX-RX-3.3V at the bottom of the board confuses me... Is that a boullabaisse? I was hoping to find something marked similarly to my STLink V2

I took some pictures of the front board.

Many thanks to DavidAlfa and those that contributed in any way to develop this CFW. You all do a great and useful work.

Edit: typo

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:56:24 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1137 on: June 21, 2021, 08:53:44 pm »
I know I've said it few times, but hopefully the ADC is fixed now. I fixed few potential bug sources! :-+.
I've been debugging it for a while, no issues in any conditions.
Also, increased the Delay precision, now it goes down to 0.1mS. At your own risk! Mine does well down to 0.3-0.4mS.
Below that, the noise made PID to go crazy, as it reads low/high all the time, setting PWM at max/min... in the end the tip will overheat so be careful.
Don't go below 1mS if possible!

Check the  updated builds! Also, better to make a hard reset, as I changed some settings.
Save your calibration values to easily restore them!

CH32F devices keep doing the weird behavior. I'm unable to debug them to find the issue, so it's a dead end. Get other clones or real ones!
Not only that, after few flash writes that crap completely stopped working!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:38:25 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline RobHon

• Contributor
« Reply #1138 on: June 21, 2021, 09:32:02 pm »
Thanks David,

CH32F devices aren't supported yet. I'm unable to debug them to find the issue. Get other clones or real ones!

I really agree with you! |O

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1139 on: June 21, 2021, 09:40:34 pm »
Yeah, I didn't expect such issues. Most clones work pretty well. CKS did just great!

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1140 on: June 21, 2021, 10:21:06 pm »
looks like that clones didnt even suggest to have flash memory as writeable more than once. maybe usage of eeeprom should help, but since original stm or good clones acts well w/o eeeprom, its not a solution.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1141 on: June 22, 2021, 06:31:33 am »
The problem doesn't come from the Flash.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1142 on: June 24, 2021, 01:26:28 pm »
Well, I finally caught and fixed some strange bugs I had noticed some time ago.
- After first boot the PID goes nuts - PWM settings not being reloaded after initializing the profile, staying with failsafe values.
- After editing the tip name, it usually returned to main screen no matter what - Idle timer not being updated in that screen.
- 36MHz devices still had some issues.... I have fully tested and adjusted the timing. Only 50uS caused a lot of trouble!

Filtering low ADC sampling rates is hard, you have to choose between adding delay or having more noise.
So, after -lots- of testing, I completely changed the PWM timings and filtering:
- 50Hz PWM
- 100uS delay
- The increased noise is not a problem, thanks to the higher sample rate, now EMA factor 4-5 can be used without delay issues, filtering much better.
- Tweaked the filtering override parameters (To avoid delaying the signal when the temp is changing very fast).
  I found a sweet spot where the noise is nicely filtered, but any big change resets the filtering and lets the PID react quickly.
  Of course, if your board is reading giant spikes it will cause all kind of troubles. Can't make much about that!

Set the temp graph update rate to follow the PWM frequency for the smoothest experience possible.
50FPS+ are completely possible at least on boards that use hw dma display. Software i2c boards... I don't think so!  ::)
Also made some improvements in the power graph (more reactive, less delay)
The filtering method widget was deleted, instead, to disable EMA just set factor 0.

My 3 tips are almost dying. Some had a lot of use, others became glowing candles while debugging (Consider donating some tips for the project? Beer is also ok :D), surviving that was a miracle!
And after all, they're are doing really well with the new settings. So give it a try!
New video coming!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 01:59:21 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Tugo

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1143 on: June 24, 2021, 02:02:51 pm »
this sounds like a bomb, looks like now it works like original jbc station.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1144 on: June 24, 2021, 02:43:15 pm »
Uuh, wait until my next update. |O
After a while using it I got some strange measuring errors, but only when using low calibration values.
I hope I catch this stupid bug soon!

Edit: It seems one of my tips is dying, causing a lot of mess!
The others tips work ok, but let me ensure...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 03:12:33 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline vulkan35

• Contributor
« Reply #1145 on: June 24, 2021, 02:57:31 pm »
looks like now it works like original jbc station.

cross yourself.. :-DD

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1146 on: June 24, 2021, 03:19:43 pm »
I guess this is what happens when the water comes inside the tip and screws up everything!
Probably it caused some corrosion and it's now acting as another TC (Different conductive material)
I wetted it few times to test PID response....
I already had this issues in the past, but I said, for just 3 times won't break it, right? Yes it will!.
So don't put your tip under water and come here telling my FW does weird things (wickated? ahem...! :-DD)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 03:43:59 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1147 on: June 24, 2021, 04:22:19 pm »
So don't put your tip under water and come here telling my FW does weird things (wickated? ahem...! :-DD)
only genuine t12(all of them) acted weird, without any water help. since i jumped to c245 tips everything work as i expect thankfully for your programming skills.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1148 on: June 24, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
Okay, no more issues. Found some new bugs in the menu while making the video(Due recent changes), fixed them and updated everything!

BTW: The aluminium handle is utter crap!! Don't buy it! Even the cheap blue one is better.
Very nice-looking, but after 10 minutes of soldering it will heat up to >40ºC!
Soldering and cooking your fingers at the same time!

Uhh, YouTube copyright detector is really picky, caught my headphones music!
Had to insert a Creative Commons audio track :D

Full calibration steps so you stop doing it wrong! ;)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:59:19 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Tugo

Offline StephenR0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1149 on: June 25, 2021, 12:18:32 am »
That's a good video.

So, when I flashed the latest version, I took the opportunity to test the backup of the original Quicko software that I made from the instructions here.

https://github.com/JohannesObermaier/f103-analysis/tree/master/d1-a/arm-cks32f

It appeared to work just fine, but I didn't actually try to use it other than go through the menus some.  Now this method depends on having a CKS processor.  But it does seem to allow backing up the original firmware.  Just be aware that you have to edit the addresses in the program to copy the right parts.  The original Quicko firmware is bigger than 64K.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf