Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 643249 times)

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #1450 on: July 30, 2021, 02:15:57 pm »
Added a new define in all board.h files to make it profile-specific. Took me 30 seconds!
What are the offsets you're getting in the different models?
2.1s offset is perfect at the default two
1.5 offset is perfect at zero
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 02:58:15 pm by ricktendo »

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1451 on: July 30, 2021, 03:46:54 pm »
If anyone is interesting there is a cheap option to get this soldering iron. It is STM32 based. It is 31€ including delivery and VAT. I see there are 1o available.

You can buy a stm32 Quicko for 32€, fully made!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32931458502.html

My question: wouldn't it be better to move that NTC from the handle to socket?

Well, I didn't wrote that, it's not 100% accurate. "Room temperature" refers to the cold side. As I alreay said, the thermocouple will start generating voltage when it's hotter than the cold side.
So, you need to know the temperature is in the cold side! Stop making your own thoughts. It's placed where it should be.
If you move it away to a colder side, then for sure you will get a more noticeable drift.

What is the difference between "Reset Profile" and "Reset Profiles"?
Reset profiles does not seem to do anything when you click reset.
Also when you click "Reset Profile" I get the error message in the photo. And after I click the knob it resets the board and the first boot menu shows.

Have you seen the message after entering each option? "Reset current profile" vs "Reset all profiles" ?
Or did it error appear instantly after clicking on reset profile?
The profiles are the T12, C210, C245 slots.
You might want to reset only the T12 because you messed up something, but preserve the others.
Or wipe all profiles but keep your system settings.
Or wipe only your system settings but keep the profiles.
Or wipe everything.

I'm still working on fixing few things, also had to find a way to backup the menu position, because it's very annoying that its resets to the first entry when returning to the previous menu.
Because now the screens are destroyed on exit, also does the menu position. It was easy, but there are always subtle things causing a lot of trouble, and it takes a lot of time to spot them!

Will check the reset menu later. I know it worked before, because I tested it, but I also made some changes, so who knows.
Edit: Fixed. There's a check that decides if the system must be resetted or not after saving the settings to the flash. I misstyped the name, forgot the "s" from "profiles", so that specific reset option was broken.

I'm doing a better calibration menu, as now there's memory for that, with the 3 calibration options.
Also, turning the heater on only when the value is being edited.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 05:22:36 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1452 on: July 30, 2021, 04:36:44 pm »
so an update about that one tip. its odd. this one "k" tip i was talking about refuses to work with the custom firmware properly. its something with the tip and the firmware. it heats up in the stock firmware and a different k tip will calibrate and heat up just fine with the custom firmware. so its this one tip. i tried re calibration a number of times just like any other tip but something is causing it to not heat up. so its not the firmware as i said another k tip brand new just opened heats up after calibration just fine. but the question why the this tip specifically acts this way is weird. i am testing it with a thermo and it does get up to temp properly (or close enough) with the stock firmware but even after calibration is nearly 100 deg off in the custom firmware (which is of course why it was not melting solder). ill have her try another k tip later i have that is used to check that one also.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1453 on: July 30, 2021, 10:16:12 pm »
New builds availale.
Fixed all known bugs and few more, everything seems to be working.
Since there's plenty of ram available I added a PID debug menu that plots P, I and D.
The main screen is half-done, lacks the icons and I left the vertical bar, I know its ugly, it'll be changed later, but I'm really tired.
This is just a test build, what matters is to be error-free. There're a lot of internal changes!

There's a small one in calibration adjust (Already fixed), it won't heat up the first time you click the the widget, you need to change the value first!.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 10:25:20 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1454 on: July 30, 2021, 10:29:40 pm »
Yesterday, I had an error message about "Delta too high" during calibration with V1.5. This one: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/blob/master/Drivers/graphics/gui/screens/calibration_screen.c#L372
The 4 lines message doesn't fit on the small 0.97" screen. Text overlaps with the box where you must enter measured temp so that part needs a cosmetic fix. Also I'm not really sure what I did wrong to get that error but since it wouldn't accept the measured temperature I entered and there's no "cancel" option I couldn't get out of that screen. I ended up turning off the unit.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Anyway, great work. So far, I like it a lot  :-+

Offline StephenR0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1455 on: July 30, 2021, 10:38:39 pm »
First play with the filter factor. Try 2 and 4.
Then try increasing and decreasing Kd by 10. If it doesn't get any better, try reducing Kp to 70 or so. If it still does it, reduce Ki to 60.

So, I've been testing my tips further.  Four of my tips seem to act pretty much the same.  The temperature oscillates up and down, about three degrees up and three degrees down from the set temperature.  I tried changing the filter factor to 2 and 4.  4 seems to lengthen the period of the oscillations, but not change the magnitude.  I tried increasing and decreasing Kd by 10.  That didn't seem to affect it.  Then I tried reducing Kp to 70.  That didn't help either, so I set it back.  Next I tried reducing Ki to 60.  Again, no improvement.

Now one of my tips is much worse.  It's an ILS tip that has several hours of burn in.  That tip oscillates about 11 degrees up and 7 or so down from the set temperature.  I've been through all the steps that I mentioned before and the only thing that improves things is setting the filter factor to 4.  This seems to lengthen the period of the oscillations, but more importantly, the magnitude goes down some, something like 7 degrees up and 5 degrees down from the set temperature.

As I recall from using these tips with previous versions of the firmware, I didn't have these oscillations, even with the ILS tip.  Of course, it's always jumped around a little.  These larger oscillations only started happening with the recent changes.

So that's my experience so far.  For reference, I'm still on the 7-28 firmware.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1456 on: July 30, 2021, 11:05:43 pm »
Yesterday, I had an error message about "Delta too high" during calibration with V1.5. This one: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/blob/master/Drivers/graphics/gui/screens/calibration_screen.c#L372
The 4 lines message doesn't fit on the small 0.97" screen. Text overlaps with the box where you must enter measured temp so that part needs a cosmetic fix. Also I'm not really sure what I did wrong to get that error but since it wouldn't accept the measured temperature I entered and there's no "cancel" option I couldn't get out of that screen. I ended up turning off the unit.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Anyway, great work. So far, I like it a lot  :-+

Edit: I tested it, same thing. That screen also had a lot of changes recently. Another bug! (Now fixed). Not related to the screen size, just the code!

Stephen, I'm starting to suspect from the new PID algortithm. I might revert it to the old one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:14:58 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: ygi

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1457 on: July 31, 2021, 12:12:07 am »
whats really odd is that one k tip is working okay now with this newest version? after calibration its only about 3-5deg off or so. that tip was still in the handle in that station and i usually will flash your newest builds so i did and thought why not at least try to calibrate it quick and its good now.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1458 on: July 31, 2021, 01:39:02 am »
Hah! Must be gremlins, didn't touch anything related to that!
Finished the main screen, fixed the calibration screen and reverted the PID to the old one.
Sorry for so many builds, I thought I was going to stop until tomorrow... but It seems I didn't! :D
Everything updated!

Now I'm struggling with the flash! Some devices have only 360 bytes left...

Some tips seems to work nice with filter 3 and Kd 45...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:51:38 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline dark_hawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1459 on: July 31, 2021, 10:44:00 am »
Sometimes I get this error message when no tip is inserted, get them more when the handle is disconnected. Don't know what triggers it.
Also, did you change something in the PID algortithm? Reason for asking is that calibration data seems to have changed a bit for the same tips.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:46:02 am by dark_hawk »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1460 on: July 31, 2021, 12:36:59 pm »
PID has nothing to do with calibration! The calibration results will be slightly different everytime. Maybe +-10...20. That's normal.
Edit: You're right, I also got noticeable differences. Hmmm, let me check the new alibration screen... However, the adjustment is spot-on!
(Edit2: It might be that I changed the temperature probe to a new one!)

About the runaway error: It can happen sometimes. When the tip is removed, the temp reading rises a lot. That's how the iron detection works.
However if the reading rises too slowly, it can trip the runaway detection before it reaches the no iron threshold.
I relaxed a bit the runaway timings. Hope its better now.
Will make new builds later.

Anyone can report the oled offset for ksger v3?
I also need more calibration results, specially for ksger v1.5!

From now, Ksger v2/v3 will use default calibrations of 1600-2300-3000
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:36:46 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1461 on: July 31, 2021, 01:05:22 pm »

Those are cal values for some of my tips, I still have to calibrate a few others (BCM2, C1, ILS, JL02). If that's important, note that my station isn't ksger branded.

Type, cal250, cal350, cal450
BC2 1193 2039 2884
KR 1059 1559 2594
J02 983 1535 2555
KU 1277 2124 2970

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1462 on: July 31, 2021, 01:12:46 pm »
Are you using v1.5 firmware? It'd be nice if you could attach some pictures of the board  :-+

New builds! No need to reset if coming from recent builds, just little bugs or nehancements, not settings-related.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:18:23 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline dark_hawk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1463 on: July 31, 2021, 02:15:31 pm »
PID has nothing to do with calibration! The calibration results will be slightly different everytime. Maybe +-10...20. That's normal.
Edit: You're right, I also got noticeable differences. Hmmm, let me check the new alibration screen... However, the adjustment is spot-on!
(Edit2: It might be that I changed the temperature probe to a new one!)

About the runaway error: It can happen sometimes. When the tip is removed, the temp reading rises a lot. That's how the iron detection works.
However if the reading rises too slowly, it can trip the runaway detection before it reaches the no iron threshold.
I relaxed a bit the runaway timings. Hope its better now.
Will make new builds later.

Anyone can report the oled offset for ksger v3?

v3 offset is 2.
I think v3 calibrations for 450 C is a little high at 3000. With the new version most tips calibrate at around 2800-2900
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 03:05:03 pm by dark_hawk »

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1464 on: July 31, 2021, 02:18:42 pm »
plz no. 1400 2000 2600

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1465 on: July 31, 2021, 02:34:15 pm »
Are you using v1.5 firmware? It'd be nice if you could attach some pictures of the board  :-+

Yes, I am using v1.5 firmware. As for the pictures, it looks exactly like the board from ksger (at least the pics you have in your github). Same layout, same components but the brand is DXC and it came with a non ksger firmware. So maybe they stole the design or they bought the board from the same supplier as ksger.

Offline StephenR0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1466 on: July 31, 2021, 03:29:15 pm »
I've been testing the latest firmware.  Four of my tips seem to behave in a similar manner.  The temperature still jumps around some, something like 2 degrees above and below the set temperature.  And again the ILS tip was a little wild, something like 9 degrees above and 6 below the set temperature.  But it doesn't have that regular oscillation like it did before.  So, I made an entry in the edit tips menu for the ILS and started experimenting.  First, I increased Kd by 10.  That did seem to make the jumps smaller, but I changed it back and went on.  Then I reducied Kp to 70.  That didn't change anything, so I changed it back.  Then I reduced Ki to 60.  That seemed to quiet things down some.  So I increased Kd by 10 again.  Then the ILS started acting like my other tips, 2 degrees above and below the set temperature.  Interesting.

BTW, I really like the currently selected tip display.  That's really nice.  I'd like to understand the PID debug display when you're ready to explain it.  :)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1467 on: July 31, 2021, 03:29:59 pm »
plz no. 1400 2000 2600
You have modified yours. Am I supposed to make the firmware for you own needs?
Also these are defaults for T12 only.

BTW, I really like the currently selected tip display.  That's really nice.  I'd like to understand the PID debug display when you're ready to explain it.  :)

PID debug menu plots are:
Proportional--->
Integral--->
Derivative--->

I'm finding the setpoint to be almost perfect between 250 and 450ºC.
However, going under 250 clearly loses a lot of accuracy, because it interpolates the difference between 250 and 350.
Not really a problem because nobody's soldering at 180ºC... I've trying to fix that but seems pretty much impossible.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 03:38:35 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline StephenR0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1468 on: July 31, 2021, 03:39:33 pm »
PID debug menu plots are:
Proportional--->
Integral--->
Derivative--->

When I looked at it, Proportional and Derivative were straight lines.  Only Integral seemed to change.  I'm guessing that's normal.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1469 on: July 31, 2021, 03:50:42 pm »
PID changes depending on the tip readings, so won't change much unless there's load on the tip.
Clean the tip in the wet sponge you will see how it reacts.

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1470 on: July 31, 2021, 04:31:44 pm »
plz no. 1400 2000 2600
You have modified yours. Am I supposed to make the firmware for you own needs?
Also these are defaults for T12 only.
those are for factory device

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1471 on: July 31, 2021, 05:20:23 pm »
my station isn't ksger branded.

Same here ygi my v1.5 station also does not say ksger instead it says yuanhe, but as you can see from my pictures my board is EXACTLY the same as PT Dreamer's (the board that started this all)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/stm32-oled-digital-soldering-station-for-t12-handle/msg3617550/#msg3617550

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1472 on: July 31, 2021, 05:29:01 pm »
Ok!  :-+ I was wondering if it was different (Ex. like JCD T12 and Ksger 2.1, different boards but same circuit), to add it to the board pictures.

I flashed older fw versions (Holy *** the interface was terrible :-DD), the tips perform, at best, the same, when not going absolutely crazy!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 07:46:00 pm by DavidAlfa »

Online tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1473 on: July 31, 2021, 08:24:33 pm »
Got the new thermocouples. They are exactly the same that StephenR0 posted. At the very least, they react much faster than the ones that came with the FG100 clone.

Testing last build. BC2 tip. Default iron and PID values (active detection off). At first got big oscillations, about more than the height of graphic display. FG100 didn't detected any oscillation, however. I guess thermocouple thermal mass in some way attenuates these oscillations? After calibrating, always with default PID values, oscillations are mostly gone, -5 +10, and the readings on the FG100 show a difference to the set temperature of 20º at most. Callibration values 1421, 2082,2395

When going from lower to higher, oscillations are bigger at first, then for a few seconds after setting a higher temperature it stabilizes. Under 400º set point, they are about -5 +10º, as said before, and they doesn't seem to get any flatter with time. But at 400º, they become almost flat quite fast.

When going from higher to lower temperatures, I'm getting a nice ramp until the new, lower set point is reached, then I'm seeing the flatests graphics ever. Oscillations about -1, 0º.

FG100 readings are spot on set points 300,350,400º. At most a 2º difference. At 450º the FG100 reading is 430. At 250º, reading is 235. Quite repeatable. So I guess my calibration could get better, but this is enough for me.

I think that going as high as 450º is excesive. No matter how much I clean the tip, tin oxidizes almost instantly and the readings obtained are less trusty, IMHO. Sometimes I can hear dilatation clics coming from the tip. Also, Quicko doesn't recommend going over 380º. I'm using Qicko tips exclusively, this BC2 is one of the "high grade"  :-DD type, with the black coating, and is the most burned in one. I would suggest that the higher calibration point would be nicer at 400º

Very nice to have the selected tip visible in the screen. BTW, how many ºC are represented by each step in the graphic? Just curious...

All in all, I would say this is a big improvement. First times, I was getting resets while trying to calibrate at 450º. No more. Now it's easier to callibrate and temperatures are much more stable.

On the flop side, I noticed some weird behaviour while editing tips. Usually I create a DFLT tip with the same values as the firmware-included BC3, then I delete BC3. This time, it was not possible, after creating a new DFLT tip, when deleting BC3, it was DFLT which got deleted. After some times, I created a BC2 tip, calibrated it, then noticed that it was still with default values when going to see calibration values. Then somehow I deleted BC3. Then BC2 got calibration values again? I'm not really sure what happened. However, I'm not drunk yet, I can swear it.

David, thank you very much. This is getting better and better.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:34:26 pm by tatel »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1474 on: July 31, 2021, 08:34:37 pm »
The internal TC is not properly bonded to the body and fluctuates a lot, but the tip body had the thermal mass. The probe is doing nothing to filter the changes.
I'm sure the stock fw also oscillate, because you can hear how it changes...more..less...on..off.. all the time. I guess it's just normal with these tips.

Edit: Definitely, I missed a line of code where it reads the previous screen widgets to find out the selected tip.
However now the inactive screens are destroyed, so it was reading garbage.

Fixed!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:25:17 pm by DavidAlfa »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf