Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 655502 times)

xlzslayer, jesusthegoat, zalvis and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline illiac4

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #2425 on: December 04, 2021, 11:04:36 am »
A stupid question.... Would it be possible to ignore the sensor when in stand mode in software?

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2426 on: December 04, 2021, 11:44:15 am »
As far as the controller is concerned, both the sensor and the stand send the same signal. Both are pulling the same wake pin to ground, the only difference is what the software does with it (ie. the mode you set in settings). I can't see how you could discriminate reliably without a separate pin for both devices.

Offline illiac4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2427 on: December 04, 2021, 02:44:43 pm »
So since neither Ksger nor Quicko i think has an option to use sleep in stand. Would it be possible to assign additional pin if there is any spare on stm32 and do a hardware mode. So that if stand will be enabled pin 13 (i think) will be disabled and some other pin would be enabled.

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2428 on: December 04, 2021, 07:49:50 pm »
It certainly is possible but that means running a bodge wire straight from the MCU pin and also adding some input protection resistors and diodes so you don't fry your MCU. Any sane person would just disconnect the shake sensor and be done with it (unless you're designing your own board).

Offline SomeUsername

« Reply #2429 on: December 06, 2021, 04:17:48 pm »
I plan on getting a t12 clone off aliexpress/banggood for some messing around and some keyboards, the plan atm is to get one of the t12, an 858d heat gun station, and an engineer ss02 for desoldering since the default plastic tip ones are really bad. Is there any better I can do than any of these for around the same price? And would you recommend a desoldering gun station thing, or would I be better off getting everything separate?

Which t12 clone would you recommend getting in terms of hardware and software compatibility? I plan on getting one running the stm32 rather than the stc or some other chip because I heard there's not as much or any software compatibility. I understood that quicko has better hardware than ksger as well as better support software side, is that the case? and am I less likely to need to reconfigure the temperatures for the tips? and is there any good way to do this on the cheap if I plan on getting genuine hakko tips or the default quicko tips?

And which version should I go for? there are many on the quicko aliexpress store, as well as some quecoo ones, what are the differences between the "brands" and the versions?

Thanks in advance!

edit: formatting

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2430 on: December 06, 2021, 06:03:18 pm »
You can find the answer to your question here

58eur/$67 for a DIY kit, ,comign with the crappiest plastic handle? To me, it seems very expensive, and a try of charging twice trying to get extra profit of the silicon crysis.
There isn't a design that's notoriously better than others., everything is just the same, don't get fooled by a fancy alluminium bezel.
The major changes come in the 3.3V regulation. Some KSGERs (2.0, 2.1, 2.1s.. uhh... I don't know which ones right now) use a cheap design where they convert 24V to 3.3V with a linear regulator,  causing a lot of heat.
For some boards it's too much, the LDO overheats and causes weird behavior like random resetting. But the analog front end is, as far as I know, the same thing in all with minor changes.
Maybe some KSGER fanboys can advice you better, I just see a ton of money for a crappy design  ::)

I'd get a KSGER 3.1, Quicko T12, Quecoo T12-955, whatever is cheaper.
Search "aliexpress" in this topic, you'll quickly find some links.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000183089084.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32947718640.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954334507.html

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2431 on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:41 am »
hello, can anyone adjust the boost settings? When I turn the key on the home screen, it doesn't work like it used to?

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2432 on: December 08, 2021, 11:24:32 am »
Please BOOST setting

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2433 on: December 08, 2021, 01:22:20 pm »
Then explain how it's failing for you...
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2434 on: December 08, 2021, 02:34:48 pm »
hello, can anyone adjust the boost settings? When I turn the key on the home screen, it doesn't work like it used to?

Maybe start by reading the manual here: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/blob/master/Readme_files/Operation.md

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2435 on: December 08, 2021, 03:14:03 pm »
I know that, although much better than before, it still has some issues with cheap encoders, as they bounce so much that can cause instant returning to normal mode.
Adding delays is even more annoying because it blocks the whole input, it's very noticeable and frustrating.
Something I'd like to try fixing, but these things are the fine tweaking stuff that require a lot of time to tune and fix.
If a serious bug appears I might try my best, but I can no longer spend so much in these little details, at least for a while.
After very long two years, my efforts are going into physical rehabilitation and fixing/doing things I couldn't for all this time.
Everything's going great so far, I'm starting to feel again like a strong 34yr old guy instead a WW1 living fossil.
While I read everything and take in consideration every suggestion, understand that I have very clear priorities here! :-+
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2436 on: December 08, 2021, 06:24:19 pm »
The software is nice, but there are a few missing, for example, the boost does not work. I do +50 manually, but it doesn't return to stable operation. The warm-up time of the handle has been extended compared to the previous software. I am waiting for a new arrangement, please. If you turn the button on the main screen, the degree does not change, if you turn the button to the right as before, if the boost works, when you turn it to the left, if there is standby and sleep, that is, it will be very good if it is like the original software. can you also add the bin file of the original software? I can't revert to original software?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2437 on: December 08, 2021, 06:54:47 pm »
The software is nice, but there are a few missing, for example, the boost does not work. I do +50 manually, but it doesn't return to stable operation. The warm-up time of the handle has been extended compared to the previous software. I am waiting for a new arrangement, please. If you turn the button on the main screen, the degree does not change, if you turn the button to the right as before, if the boost works, when you turn it to the left, if there is standby and sleep, that is, it will be very good if it is like the original software. can you also add the bin file of the original software? I can't revert to original software?
You need to read the operation instructions |O
Boost mode shortcut has changed: turn encoder (this enters temperature set) and press the encoder button before 1 second is up (to return to normal mode turn encoder or press button)
For Sleep and Standby press encoder button while you rotate left (once/twice)
The original bin files are on the github repo under Original_FW

Edit: Version 3.x ksger board firmware is not on github, maybe David can add it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 06:57:50 pm by ricktendo »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2438 on: December 08, 2021, 09:17:49 pm »
here is the 3.1 firmware if you want to revert back flash the same as the custom firmware. i like to erase the chip first if i have to revert back

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2439 on: December 08, 2021, 10:18:56 pm »
Added, thanks.
Meanwhile I had some free time to make a little update.
Setting the station in sleep/standby/boost modes became a little annoying, often the station instantly returned to run mode after releasing the encoder.
This was not due any bug, the contacts in these cheap encoders fail, probably caused by tired springs, oxidation or contamination, then any slight movement causes noise in the connections, leading to unwanted rotation detection.
I fixed it few times with contact cleaner spray, but it always came back after a while.

So I made a very simple yet effective workaround: Block only the rotation input for 250ms after setting these modes.
Seems to greatly reduce the issue.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:11:01 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2440 on: December 09, 2021, 05:52:07 am »
Cutesy little thing

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2441 on: December 09, 2021, 06:30:47 am »
hello, I was very excited when I read your reply. I have a new ksger device. It's 3.1, thanks, there is no problem with it, but I want to use your software and unfortunately, boost still does not work in the same situation. What I want is that when you turn the pot to the right as in the original software, the boost will be +50 and at the end of the set time, it will return to normal operation and wait in the 1st turn of the pot to the left, and go to sleep in the 2nd turn. I'm sure you will, thanks.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2442 on: December 09, 2021, 06:57:07 am »
that is the same handle as the one in the aixun t12 version

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2443 on: December 09, 2021, 09:27:44 am »
I'm sure you will, thanks.
This fw has more features, making everything easily accesible using only a rotary encoder is not easy.
Sorry if this sounds rude: I'm sure you will read the operation manual and learn how to use it.
I don't make custom firmwares for the liking of everyone out there, it would be a lot of work and impossible to maintain.
Cutesy little thing
Erm... 65 euro for that, must be a joke...  :-DD
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:32:32 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2444 on: December 09, 2021, 10:36:30 am »
I know it has more features so I want to use this fw but I need to use boost and I can't use it please help with this.

Offline lfldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2445 on: December 09, 2021, 10:46:23 am »
I'm sure you will, thanks.
This fw has more features, making everything easily accesible using only a rotary encoder is not easy.
Sorry if this sounds rude: I'm sure you will read the operation manual and learn how to use it.
I don't make custom firmwares for the liking of everyone out there, it would be a lot of work and impossible to maintain.
Cutesy little thing
Erm... 65 euro for that, must be a joke...  :-DD
this custom firmware for t12 is great but whole of chinese T12 equipment manufacture is unfortunatelly crap :(

main problem with these DIY T12 stations is simply they are manufactured not by companies but by chinese amateurs on CNC thats why 99,9999% of these soldering stations have funny potentiometer (rotary encoder) instead of three simply buttons to set temperature !!! it seems they have big problem to drill 3 smallest holes for buttons to make these stations managment much more better just take a look on aliexpress most or (whole) of oldest design 936 soldering stations to use with older tips technology have buttons to setup temperature like they should because they manufactured by chinese companies !

3 signifficant issues with these t12 diy stations:

1 - rotary encoder potentiometer instead of buttons
2 - hard to operate on this potentiometer unless you put something under this soldering station
3 - tft display panel should be placed diagonally centered to operator face > another big or even biggest problem for these chinese amateurs to release it via CNC ...

ive replaced my ksegr t12 to BAKON BK969D soldering station especially to meet my missed requirements (point 1 , 2 , 3) and even if i cannot change the tip model via menu in this station is much more better to operate

we are live in 2021 year is funny to manufcture/buy soldering stations with potentiometers - dont you think so ? :)

another excellent chinese product manufactured on amateur CNC:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002765445341.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.58b76554AgKyoh&algo_pvid=30f6fb72-45e5-4397-ba2b-27ccd23045c0&algo_exp_id=30f6fb72-45e5-4397-ba2b-27ccd23045c0-9&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000022079117374%22%7D

AIXUN T3A T3B T3D wonderfull display panel and firmware managment can operate also with JBC tips with one issue (have crap potentiometer for setting tip temperature) :( - have you found another AIXUN product with buttons to set tip temperature ?! - no you wont find it never ....

regards

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2446 on: December 09, 2021, 10:52:58 am »
I know it has more features so I want to use this fw but I need to use boost and I can't use it please help with this.
Please, read the manual... also Ricktendo has described how to use boost mode... Couldn't be more simple ;)

lfldp, the encoder input is pretty handy. The problem comes when a good quality encoder costs 1/3 of the station. So they use cheap quality.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:56:28 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2447 on: December 09, 2021, 11:02:55 am »
When you press the pot and turn it to the left, it is good to wait at the 1st and sleep at the 2nd, but when you press the pot and turn it to the right for boost, it comes to the end part of the screen, namely bc3, and the boost set is not +50. Please, a final setting.

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2448 on: December 09, 2021, 11:06:53 am »
You need to read the operation instructions |O
Boost mode shortcut has changed: turn encoder (this enters temperature set) and press the encoder button before 1 second is up (to return to normal mode turn encoder or press button)
For Sleep and Standby press encoder button while you rotate left (once/twice)
The original bin files are on the github repo under Original_FW

Sleep and Standby OK but boost not working.
BC3 just choosing

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2449 on: December 09, 2021, 11:09:04 am »
You're doing it wrong. Don't rotate clockwise while pushing.
Rotate in any direction so the setpoint screen appears, then simply click.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf