Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 675762 times)

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #2500 on: December 14, 2021, 06:50:00 pm »
there is no need for boost mode, just use normal tips

Are you writing the software?  :blah:

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2501 on: December 14, 2021, 06:53:26 pm »
brother david, if you say yes, I want to change the boost mode to the right just like in ksger. to the left in sleep and waiting. If you say it will not disappear, thank you.  :-+

Please do not offer different answers for those who cannot do business.  :-+

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2502 on: December 14, 2021, 07:16:03 pm »
I use the temperature at 360 and I set the boost +50, when I need it, I only do +50. My job is solved with 410.
Please do not offer different answers for those who cannot do business.
very serious bus_in_ess  :-/O

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2503 on: December 14, 2021, 07:30:40 pm »
I use the temperature at 360 and I set the boost +50, when I need it, I only do +50. My job is solved with 410.
Please do not offer different answers for those who cannot do business.
very serious bus_in_ess  :-/O

what is your purpose?  :-//

I don't want to press the button when the temperature is + 50, I want it to be + 50 when I turn it to the right, that's the point, don't you understand?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:33:17 pm by sevgiduvari_7 »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2504 on: December 14, 2021, 07:44:46 pm »
I was about to...

But I'll keep myself civilized for a little more.

Boost mode is something made for ocassional use, not to be used every minute.
For example, when you're soldering small parts and suddently you have to solder a big part, you trigger boost and you get ex. 1 minute running at +50ºC to solder that specific part, then it'll return back to normal temperature.

You can configure the boost increase and time to whatever you want. (Read the operation manual)
If you want it crazy hot, just set +300ºC boost, it willll always apply the max temp limit set in the options, to prevent burning things.

It's not normal to use 5+ minute boost, if you use it for so long, then learn to properly adjust the temperature to the working requirement.
Simply rotate the encoder to quickly adjust the required temperature.

Are you conscious that the encoder is already used in every possible way?
- Switching temperature view (Numeric / graph).
- Adjusting the temperature.
- Entering low power modes.
- Changing tip profiles.
- Entering the settings menu.

People think developers do things magically, however don't use the term "just" or "simply" here, changing only one action will require to change all others, that's not quick neither easy as changing 2 lines of code.
I've worked very hard to get it working in armony, so nothing crashes or breaks another function, tweaking the timings, etc...
So sorry, I won't do that, get used to it.
Original firmware handling is simply terrible, you have to move between  options in the screen, click a dozen times for doing simple things... in this firmware, most of them can be done with a simple gesture.

Let me remember you that the source code is available for everyone for modifying.
Or you can mail KSGER asking them to make a firmware that's not crap.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:59:52 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: MimCom

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2505 on: December 14, 2021, 07:50:17 pm »
I was kinda expecting you to blow your top and start spitting fire a lot sooner. Color me impressed by your newfound self-control :-DD

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2506 on: December 14, 2021, 08:06:59 pm »
I was kinda expecting you to blow your top and start spitting fire a lot sooner. Color me impressed by your newfound self-control :-DD

I'm actually a very patient person, really!
Oh sorry, translation lost all meaning, let me explain it better:
We have great drug here, come visit Spain! But they don't mention that in the tourism adverts!
Just joking :-DD. You handle it different when you're no longer fu** up 24h a day!
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2507 on: December 14, 2021, 11:03:35 pm »
almost a month wuthout bugreports worked like a vacation for David

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2508 on: December 14, 2021, 11:05:55 pm »
I don't want to press the button when the temperature is + 50, I want it to be + 50 when I turn it to the right, that's the point, don't you understand?
go set temp step 50c then , why do u find problems out of thin air? :-DD

The following users thanked this post: sevgiduvari_7

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2509 on: December 15, 2021, 06:31:43 am »

That could actually be very good workaround for sevgiduvari_7. So sevgiduvari_7 what do you think? 250-300-350-400?! Or even 260-310-360-410? I am NOT joking! Wickated just found a solution for you. And you don't even have to worry about time run out which I know I had to double check every time when I used Ksger. In the middle of soldering with booster it dropped back to normal temperature and I couldn't solder any more. That is why I love David's FW. Just turn and go to desired temperature and be there for time you need and get back down when not needed. Turning the knob is really responsive and it works.
I am not even on the latest FW (I believe I have the one before 9th of December) because I have to check how to backup every tip to put it back  :)
sevgiduvari_7: I had the same problem as you when I saw David's FW. When I saw how turning to a desired temperature and getting to that temperature is so fast... man, I stopped using the booster and I don't needed it any more.

The following users thanked this post: sevgiduvari_7

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2510 on: December 15, 2021, 07:10:30 am »

Yes, I was not thinking rationally. :-DD
thanks

let's say I changed my name to +50 as you said. I use 360, I turned it to the right, it turned out to be 410, I will have to turn it to the left to fall again, and when I forget, it will just get hot for no reason. this is what i want to tell. that is, if there is a time setting for the boost other than the boost, the problem will be solved satin. :-+
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:13:09 am by sevgiduvari_7 »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2511 on: December 15, 2021, 10:17:06 am »
Tugo, check the readme, it's really simple to update preserving the settings

The following users thanked this post: Tugo

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2512 on: December 15, 2021, 12:02:05 pm »
Tugo, check the readme, it's really simple to update preserving the settings

I know that it is because I saw some photos or even a video about it (I forgot what it was but I am sure I watch it in the past).
I just never done that and have to read it first and do it  :)

Offline Polf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2513 on: December 15, 2021, 01:53:08 pm »
David, I support your concept of soldering station control. I like her much more than KSGER. It is clear that different people may have different opinions and desires, but following this is a road to a dead end.

The following users thanked this post: Nimnul

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2514 on: December 15, 2021, 02:28:23 pm »
Thanks, Polf  :-+
People must understand this is a different firmware, just because Ksger does something, doesn't mean it's right.
The most important things in a soldering station are the temperature reading and adjustment, everything else is just secondary.
Having worked with electronics for a lot of time, I designed  the controls based on the everyday working needs, keeping it simple.
That's why there's no stupid clock using half of the screen, and the primary function of the encoder is to adjust the temperature.
:blah:

Offline Nimnul

« Reply #2515 on: December 15, 2021, 02:47:26 pm »
just because Ksger does something
This SW is not owned by KSGER.
The author of this product is ZhongGuoxin
KSGER is just a salesperson.  ;D

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2516 on: December 15, 2021, 03:13:48 pm »
Well, it's not a generic firmware, it clearly shows KSGER, so it's been designed and/or customized for them.
You get what you pay for, ZhongGuoxin can make a good firmware, or a "just good enough" firmware.
In any case, as a seller/maker, you set your product requirements, you're 100% responsible of what you're selling.
So you can't blame xxyy developer, right?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 03:20:59 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2517 on: December 16, 2021, 07:18:23 am »
david software is very nice yes I congratulate you but wouldn't it be nice to offer different options upon request? whoever wants to use it as I want, whoever wants it's current state. What is the need for discussion? We have this satin software, why not have different options?
There will be critics so that change can happen. There will be those who like it, there will be those who don't. It's normal for everyone to have different opinions. but some people can't accept it, here is the problem.

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2518 on: December 16, 2021, 07:25:36 am »
david software is very nice yes I congratulate you but wouldn't it be nice to offer different options upon request? whoever wants to use it as I want, whoever wants it's current state. What is the need for discussion? We have this satin software, why not have different options?
There will be critics so that change can happen. There will be those who like it, there will be those who don't. It's normal for everyone to have different opinions. but some people can't accept it, here is the problem.

You are correct. And that is exactly why David put it on Github and you can change it if you want. He did a lot of GOOD suggestions but he is not your maid so he don't have to do whatever YOU want. I am sorry but I had to write it.

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline sevgiduvari_7

• Contributor
« Reply #2519 on: December 16, 2021, 07:34:37 am »

You are correct. And that is exactly why David put it on Github and you can change it if you want. He did a lot of GOOD suggestions but he is not your maid so he don't have to do whatever YOU want. I am sorry but I had to write it.

That's what I wanted to tell you why while David has a mind to give his own answers, why do some give answers on his behalf? let david say he can't do it or not, but please don't say it. What you're doing is restricting people. Of course, if David thinks that other people can control my mind, I won't say anything anymore.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2520 on: December 16, 2021, 09:24:34 am »
That's what I wanted to tell you why while David has a mind to give his own answers, why do some give answers on his behalf? let david say he can't do it or not, but please don't say it. What you're doing is restricting people. Of course, if David thinks that other people can control my mind, I won't say anything anymore. :clap: :clap: :clap:

WTF?

Please send $1000 and I'll see what I can do.
Please don't say no. Please, I want $1000 so much. It would be great if you sent me $1000 right now.
I hope you say yes. Thanks for your understanding.

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2521 on: December 16, 2021, 09:29:45 am »
David, u r are so coldhearted... he s from turkey, its like a whole 1year salary up there. why cant you work for free :-DD

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2522 on: December 16, 2021, 11:28:00 am »
Yay, entertainment is back! :popcorn:
I don't know, maybe that's a language barrier/automated translation thing but the level of entitlement seems off the charts with this guy.

A: "It doesn't work properly!"
B: "Read the manual"
A: "I don't like it like that, change it, thanks"
B: "No"
A: "You're my bro', do that for me!"
[...]
A: "Why don't you answer me, I want it now because I'm special!"
B: "Too much work and no one else wants that"
A: "Then make it an option!"

GTFO

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2523 on: December 16, 2021, 01:21:51 pm »
Because you know, I'm just lazy.
There's a giant button in the screen, Make it a option, whatever option, it just reads your mind, without any effort, 100% automated  :palm:

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2524 on: December 16, 2021, 03:39:44 pm »
I don't know, maybe that's a language barrier/automated translation thing but the level of entitlement seems off the charts with this guy.
nope, thats actually how turkish are begging, its like national ability.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf