Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 656944 times)

Vital and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #3125 on: August 21, 2022, 02:57:29 am »
if u need tweezers, basically just add second controller and some awkward wiring. as David said, parallel connection wont work since most of smd elements are connected one end to ground plane and small tweezer needles just go burn in a second. more possible way is use unparallel high-matched pair and always touch controlled needle not on ground end.

Offline Chris02

• Contributor
« Reply #3126 on: August 30, 2022, 07:10:03 am »
The mechanical part is not the problem.
You can use original Hakko Tweezer (which works also with T12 tips) or original JBC Tweezer.

Now I bought Quicko STM32 station and checked the circuit, which is at github. There is already a second circuit for temperature measurement. I can be modified with only some components to be the same as the one for T12.
So no software changes have to made.

Then you have only to connect a MOSFET (including a driver) to any PWM Output and everything is done. (See "PWM on circuit)

Thats like a kind of bug fix ;) Using same function as before and making a new menu for a tweezer.
@DavidAlfa may you will make this bug fix? ;) I'll also donte a crate of beer.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3127 on: August 30, 2022, 10:24:07 am »
Nope, the second analog input of the Quicko is for a different tip model, you still have only one power control stage, and more obvious, the software is designd to control only one tip.
First fix the PCB, when you have everything properly done I'll try to look at it, but not before !
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 02:47:20 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline e1208f

« Reply #3128 on: August 30, 2022, 02:45:12 pm »
What do I need to run a station with T12 and C210 tips? I have been looking into buying the Quicko T12 but I'm confused as to what else I would need to do to use C210 tips with these stations.

Thanks for any help!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3129 on: August 31, 2022, 11:46:22 am »
Nothing, C210 connection scheme is the same, with heater+probe in series.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: e1208f

Offline jbnl

• Contributor
« Reply #3130 on: September 01, 2022, 09:43:56 pm »
Here is also a nice diy T12 soldering station.
But then with atmel processor.

https://oshwlab.com/wagiminator/z-solderingstation-smd-v2

Offline Chris02

• Contributor
« Reply #3131 on: September 05, 2022, 09:56:47 pm »
Nope, the second analog input of the Quicko is for a different tip model, you still have only one power control stage, and more obvious, the software is designd to control only one tip.
First fix the PCB, when you have everything properly done I'll try to look at it, but not before !

I'm working on it.

Step 0.5 is done. Build an flash adapter and flash your CFW to my soldering station. It was no problem, because of your very good documentation  :-+
Step 1. comparing the circuit of 1322 and T12 temperature circuit and identify modification is almost finished. It seems to be a very easy mod to change 1322 circuit to t12 in existing layout.

But one question.  Poti RJ1 and RJ3 is for? For temperature adjustment?

Regards
Chris

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3132 on: September 06, 2022, 09:44:52 am »
Gain calibration, I guess the original fw would use it to adjust the temperature.
Not required with this fw, but allows to easily extended the range if you're hitting the ADC limit and need more, like usually happens with C245, which output higher voltage per °C.

Offline Chris02

• Contributor
« Reply #3133 on: September 06, 2022, 06:13:42 pm »
Ok, so it is no problem to get an fix value if a C245 is installed and to change the resistor. Thank can be fixed later.

I'll make the other parts before.

Offline Exball

« Reply #3134 on: September 24, 2022, 12:12:30 pm »
Nothing, C210 connection scheme is the same, with heater+probe in series.

For Power Supply, does it have to use 12 volts when using the c210 tip?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3135 on: September 24, 2022, 07:34:51 pm »
No, but set correct values in tip resistance and power limit to avoid overpowering the tip
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:17:11 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Exball

« Reply #3136 on: September 26, 2022, 05:01:57 am »
No, but set correct values in tip resistance and power limit to avoid overpowering the tip

Is it also possible to use the c115 tip?
I'm interested in using the c115 tip, because it's smaller than the c210

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3137 on: September 26, 2022, 04:42:16 pm »
Probably, but I've not tested it, neither anyone has provided any feedback, you must figure out how to connect it.
Read:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/nt115-jbc-handle-for-ksger-t12-with-cfw-by-davidalfa/

Apparently this is the wiring:

Th probe polarity is reversed, thus not straighforward fit.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:21:34 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3138 on: September 27, 2022, 04:40:52 am »
Th probe polarity is reversed, thus not straighforward fit.
adding support for negative curve ?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3139 on: September 27, 2022, 09:05:52 am »
No way, you can't measure negative voltage with the existing circuitry.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:10:57 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3140 on: September 30, 2022, 03:39:13 pm »
No way, you can't measure negative voltage with the existing circuitry.
i thought you meant negative thermocouple curve. i see no problems in connection with +V on tip.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3141 on: September 30, 2022, 05:29:45 pm »
No, the polarity is reversed, that's not negative curve, but negative voltage.

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3142 on: October 01, 2022, 04:33:04 am »
ah, i didnt even take a look at my station for an year, so i had to google c245 wiring again, now i understand whats wrong with c115 wiring.

Offline Pizzabroodje

• Contributor
« Reply #3143 on: October 04, 2022, 04:58:23 am »
Hi!

I'm deciding between a few T12 stations (Quecoo 955 or 958, KSGER V2.1 or the new STC V2.3, Yihua 948DB+ II and Sequre MSS12 Pro).

I'm mostly looking for a realiable station that will work even 5 or 10 years into the future with occasional use. For now I'm not looking to do any SMD work with it; just stuff like soldering a guitar switch, soldering two cable ends together and soldering a connector onto a cable. Probably won't need it more often than once a month on average. SMD does seem very interesting though so I might get into that a little bit somewhere in the future (probably at least a few years from now).

Would you say the Quecoo and KSGER stations are reliable enough to have a high chance of it lasting many years with occasional use? I've read and seen videos about many issues with it; though most are a few years old.
What issues still exists with these stations?

I'd prefer not having to ground it; the only KSGER / Quecoo station that seems to have both the tip and case grounded is the new KSGER STC V2.3. The PSU also seems way cleaner than previous revisions, for example the heatsink seems to not go over the power input trace anymore.

The most worrisome of all the issues I've found of KSGER and Quecoo T12 stations, is the tip glowing red hot causing the MOSFET to break. I don't have any experience replacing MOSFETs or anything alike, neither do I have the time to learn and do so at the moment, nor do I have the equipment to.
Also all the handles don't really seem realiable. Only the 907 seems somewhat realiable but that one's very chunky compared to the other offerings.

The KSGER V2.3 doesn't support this CFW as it has a STC chip and new, way bigger, display.
The KSGER V2.1 and Quecoo 955 should have the STM32 (have yet to confirm with Quecoo on their current offer on the 955, the 958 currently comes with the MM32).
Does this firmware add anything over the stock firmware in terms of durability?

What soldering station would you recommend to me and why? The KSGER V2.3, the KSGER V2.1, the Quecoo 955, the Quecoo 958, or another one?

Links to the stations I mentioned:
KSGER V2.3: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHuRJy3
KSGER V2.1: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGDIARd
Quecoo 958: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHFcNaP
Quecoo 955: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGGK8VZ
Yihua 948DB+ II: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIQnoZD
Sequre MSS12 Pro: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyOeYon

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3144 on: October 04, 2022, 09:41:38 am »
Durability?
The transistor usually fails due of some external issue, i.e. with the wiring/tip.
I've seen tips internally shorted because the internals rotated and twisted, also once the internal connection broke/burned up and touched the external tip casing.
There's nothing to do about that, if a short happens the transistor will blow up.
There's a small difference, some controllers have a better MOSFET in TO-252 package, will tolerate better heat and current peaks than SOIC-8 packages, but definitely not direct shorts.
I've blown it 3-4 times, most were caused by me (broken wiring, multimeter tip slipped while measuring...), only once a tip shorted out. I was lucky with the other short, could hear it sparkling inside the tip but nothing broke.

The psu is fine after 4 years, the rotating encoder is another common failure point, some are crap and fail quickly, mine has some bad days (Moisture, I guess) but overall it does fine.

There's no huge difference, don't get fooled by ksger or other overpriced brands, $40 stations are basically the same as $80 ones, perhabs with a fancier aluminium plate or a different handle.
And don't get the black aluminium handle, it gets *** hot after some use, soldering with a 50°C handle is uncomfortable at least!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 08:16:31 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Pizzabroodje

• Contributor
« Reply #3145 on: October 04, 2022, 06:46:57 pm »
Ok, thanks! That's my main worry: the cheap handles shorting causing the transistor to blow, or just something random shorting out.
Seems to be a regular occurrence with these stations.

I'm definitely avoiding the metal handles yeah. Besides heating up it would also kinda seem like a safety hazard to me to use those, especially with these stations.
Mainly looking at the 907 and 9051. The 907 is very chunky though and also seems to short out for many people, and the 9051 tends to melt and break.

The Yihua is a different station all together. The handle seems more robust. It's thinner and at least 2-3cm shorter from tip to fingers as on the 907, but the tip protrudes out more as on the 9051 and others, making it more likely that it'll handle the heat. Also the brand's products are certified by 3C, CE, UL, SGS, and ROHS. That's why I'm kinda leaning towards that one.
It has way less features though. For example it doesn't have per-tip calibration. But then again, how important is this?

The Sequre is a different station too. Not much to find about it though (only video is from 8 days ago, by learnelectronics; there's a few vids on the mini model) . The brand seems pretty new too; but they are certified by CE, FC, and ROHS, and from what I can find, they seem to make some decent stuff. Here the tip protrudes out about the same as with the Yihua, so shouldn't have any issues with heat at least (made from aluminium though so that's one small downside). The tip doesn't slide in as with the KSGER type stations, but clicks in. It's also a little more feature-rich than the Yihua. No per-tip calibration though but should have auto-calibration (which I don't know how, and how well, it would work though).

All the T12 type stations are about the same price. The only obviously cheaper ones are from Handskit (https://a.aliexpress.com/_EjwauOT), but the KSGERs and Quecoos seem better to me, and the price doesn't differ a lot either.
I don't know if the Handskit handles are any better when it comes to shorting out and heat-management?

The Oss T12-X also has a different handle (which again, I don't know if it has the same issues with shorting out and heat): https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHctfqR

The current prices (all including 3 tips; I'll probably order with just one though and buy real tips instead, but just to make the comparison easier):
KSGER V2.3: €67,7
KSGER V2.1: €65
Quecoo 958: €72
Quecoo 955: €62
Yihua 948DB+ II: €62 (also includes a stand that would cost me €10)
Sequre MSS12 Pro: €83 (with just one tip)
Handskit T12: €53,6 (including €10 stand)
Oss T12-X: €69,30 (including €10 stand)

Offline Exball

« Reply #3146 on: October 08, 2022, 01:05:43 pm »
Can i use CFW on this board, after replacing the chips with STM32?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3147 on: October 08, 2022, 07:02:32 pm »
Yes.
To date, all boards containing MM32 are exactly the same thing as normal ksgers v2/v3, CFW fully working after swapping to stm32.

The following users thanked this post: cosmin1

Offline TodayIsFridayInCalifornia

« Reply #3148 on: October 14, 2022, 06:36:18 pm »
I'm finding that the KSGER 2.0 builds of this firmware don't boot on my unit, while the 2.1S original firmware packages work just fine. Is there a particular step that I'm forgetting to take?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3149 on: October 15, 2022, 12:33:35 am »
Probably using the wrong firmware.
As described in the readme, the easiest way to know is by checking the screen.
If it has 4pins, use v2 firmware, otherwise use v3.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf