Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 643199 times)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #3300 on: February 03, 2023, 11:47:48 pm »
I haven't powered the computer for at least 15 days now..., too busy ;)
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline czullo

« Reply #3301 on: February 08, 2023, 11:14:05 am »
On a side note, as I was browsing around, I noticed that the same company also sells a similar-looking unit but with a heatgun. And guess what? It´s an STM32 too!  :clap:
David, hot air stations need a better firmware as well !  You could start a new project!
These units are cheap. Think about it.

To bad its FAKE STM32 ;)

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3302 on: February 18, 2023, 04:02:58 pm »
David, I have a problem with the LCD display. When turned on, the display works normally. And when the soldering iron handle is on the stand and the soldering station is in Stand By mode, then artevacs appear on the screen, as in the photo. It may even be a completely black screen.
The only way out of this mode is to restart the soldering station.
Latest firmware: January 2023. Firmware from May 2022 - also.

Offline Hunghanh2009

• Contributor
« Reply #3303 on: February 20, 2023, 05:14:03 am »
David, First I would like to thank you for this great firmware, Since I don't have a single soldering station I made the board myself from the KSGER t12 V3 schematic, I made 2 boards, 1 board as normal soldering stations normal and modular. All connection to OLED screen works perfectly, but connect to ST7565 2.4' LCD just black screen, pins connected correctly, I tried to connect with KIT board stm32fc8t6 Blue Pill and it works fine often. Is it due to noise? I used an extension cord about 20 to 30cm long.

Offline Low Fat Ergos

« Reply #3304 on: February 20, 2023, 10:30:28 am »
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find any details about it in the github repo docs - how does the wiring work for 210 and 245 handles?

I see way back in the thread there are some pictures of traces needing to be cut to support non T12 handles, is this still required? I read somewhere that the T12 has a 10k NTC between P- (pin 4) and ID (pin 2), T245 shorts P- and ID, and T210 is open circuit between P- and ID, is this the most recent way of supporting multiple handles? Do people also add their own motion/mercury switch (part number?) to pin 1 on the GX12-5 when using non T12 tips to allow standby functionality?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to swap between a T210 and T245 handle - is this possible?

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3305 on: February 20, 2023, 11:58:54 am »
All your wishes are possible.
Unfortunately, I do not speak English well to describe in detail all the nuances.
The photo shows one of the circuit options with two different connectors (so as not to confuse). It is possible to do it differently - with one connector.
The main difference between T12 and T245 is that the T245 has a separate conductor from the thermocouple, while the T12 has a common one.

The following users thanked this post: Low Fat Ergos

Offline Low Fat Ergos

« Reply #3306 on: February 21, 2023, 10:34:35 am »
Thanks, so there are no mods to the PCB? All the feedback gains are ok with the different tip impedances?

The JBC210 tips look more like the T12 pinout from here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/modify-aixun-t3b-to-work-with-t245-c245-and-t12-cartridges/ so it looks like the same wiring diagram can be used for the T12 and T210?

Did you have to source the NTC and motion/mercury switches for the non-T12 handles? It looks like most of the non-12 handles are used with a stand so don't have the motion switch built in. I'm a little confused about the NTC, I see some circuits have it in others don't, I assume the ones that don't have it are using the MCU temp or a NTC in the chassis as the cold junction compensation of the thermocouple?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3307 on: February 21, 2023, 03:31:02 pm »
C210 and T12 are very much the same thing, heater+thermocouple in series, just different signal output.
C245 however has independent TC and heater pins, so yeah, you must modify the PCB, cutting the trace going to the amplifier, normally connected to T12+.
Then, T12/C210 handlers must bridge heater and TC pins in the connector, while C245 doesn't.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3308 on: February 21, 2023, 07:53:42 pm »
 David, a big request to make in the firmware in the 'Standby time' section between positions 0 and 1 minute: 10 seconds and 0.5 minutes.
I'll explain why: I use the T245 with a stand. If you use the 'Stand mode' mode, then when you place the handle on the stand, the 'Standby' mode turns on immediately and the tip cools down. When soldering with short breaks and often placing the soldering iron handle on the stand, I would like to have a slight delay in turning on the 'Standby' mode.
 So I use the 'SHAKE' mode, but with a stand. In this mode, you can select a delay. But 1 minute is a lot.
For AiXun T3A, this delay can be set in seconds.

P.S. Today I also tried different modes. In the "Shake" mode, it is also inconvenient to work with the stand. The optimal solution is in the "Stand" mode to make an adjustable transition delay in "Stby".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:42:18 am by yelkvi »

Offline Low Fat Ergos

« Reply #3309 on: February 23, 2023, 10:38:43 am »
I don't have a station to test on but it looks like you should be able to edit the `[ Stby Time Widget ]` and the `getStandbyTime/setStandbyTime functions` in Drivers/graphics/gui/screens/iron_screen.c

Instead of 60000 ms increments try 10000 and you'll get 10 second increments with each step of the rotary switch.

Offline zhir

• Contributor
« Reply #3310 on: February 23, 2023, 05:58:00 pm »
Hello, David.
The release zip files in https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/releases are RAR compressed, but they are wrongly renamed as ZIP. This could make some people fail to uncompress them after downloading.  |O
Just my 2 cents....

Also, the mirror link to PTDreamer's original blog seems dead?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:18:15 pm by zhir »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3311 on: February 24, 2023, 05:16:46 pm »
I have literally zero time. I'll check these questions in the weekend.
A new delay for stand mode could easily implemented here plus adding a new menu item.

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3312 on: February 24, 2023, 06:20:43 pm »
The AiXun T3A soldering station is made as in the photo.
I meant the second point - the timer when placing the soldering iron handle on the stand

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3313 on: March 02, 2023, 09:59:29 pm »
Sorry for the delay, life is not giving enough free time lately!

- Added Stand delay, shown under IRON menu when set to stand mode.
- Apparently, rar.exe can only create RAR files. Use 7-ZIP instead, plus it's free. Fixed the Release script.
- New release v1.09. Settings version changed, so they will be erased on first boot. Backup your tips settings!

The following users thanked this post: AndyC, dcore, yelkvi

Offline Papperskatt

« Reply #3314 on: March 03, 2023, 09:46:15 am »
Does the soldering stations and hot air rework stations use the same firmware?

I'm considering buying a hot air station (specifically this one), but want a way to disable the clock and the "usage timer" as I have no use for those showing.

Offline asupsp700

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3315 on: March 03, 2023, 10:20:56 am »
Hello everyone! Does the display need SSD1306? Will it work with the SH1106 driver?

Offline AndyC

• Contributor
« Reply #3316 on: March 03, 2023, 10:39:20 am »
Does the soldering stations and hot air rework stations use the same firmware?
No.
I'm considering buying a hot air station (specifically this one), but want a way to disable the clock and the "usage timer" as I have no use for those showing.
The Handskit stations I've seen have absolutely no QC. Bad solder joints, misaligned components etc. I have the equivalent KSGER hot air station which is OK, or maybe just less crappy.

BTW, I'm working on a Swedish manual for this firmware, might be available soon.

The following users thanked this post: Papperskatt

Offline Vuhda

« Reply #3317 on: March 03, 2023, 12:45:47 pm »
David, a big request to make in the firmware in the 'Standby time' section between positions 0 and 1 minute: 10 seconds and 0.5 minutes.
I'll explain why: I use the T245 with a stand. If you use the 'Stand mode' mode, then when you place the handle on the stand, the 'Standby' mode turns on immediately and the tip cools down. When soldering with short breaks and often placing the soldering iron handle on the stand, I would like to have a slight delay in turning on the 'Standby' mode.
 So I use the 'SHAKE' mode, but with a stand. In this mode, you can select a delay. But 1 minute is a lot.
For AiXun T3A, this delay can be set in seconds.

P.S. Today I also tried different modes. In the "Shake" mode, it is also inconvenient to work with the stand. The optimal solution is in the "Stand" mode to make an adjustable transition delay in "Stby".
Hello @yelkvi.
I have a soldering iron c245 with jack like the picture attached.  It can be used for ksger v2.1s circuit or not.  Can you guide me how to wire with gx12-5 jack. 
Thank you very much.

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3318 on: March 03, 2023, 01:18:31 pm »
Hello @yelkvi.
I have a soldering iron c245 with jack like the picture attached.  It can be used for ksger v2.1s circuit or not.  Can you guide me how to wire with gx12-5 jack. 
Thank you very much.

1. ksger 2.1s controller can be used for T245. But it will take a little tweaking.

2. The power supply will need to be changed. Because T12 needs 24 volts 3 amps, and T245 needs a power supply twice as powerful: 24 volts 6 amps.
In addition, you will have to replace the connector on the soldering iron handle (you can buy it on Aliexpress).

Are you ready to make these changes?

The following users thanked this post: Vuhda

Offline Vuhda

« Reply #3319 on: March 03, 2023, 02:33:37 pm »

1. ksger 2.1s controller can be used for T245. But it will take a little tweaking.

2. The power supply will need to be changed. Because T12 needs 24 volts 3 amps, and T245 needs a power supply twice as powerful: 24 volts 6 amps.
In addition, you will have to replace the connector on the soldering iron handle (you can buy it on Aliexpress).

Are you ready to make these changes?
Thanks for the feedback, here is my circuit board (picture attached). 
1. What do I have to fix this circuit?  and how it is. 
2. I already have a 24v 8.3A industrial adapter. 
3. Can you send me the link to the connector you said on Aliexpress. 
4. And when there is a connector, can you guide me to connect the wires. 
Best regards.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 02:36:52 pm by Vuhda »

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3320 on: March 03, 2023, 03:58:42 pm »
On this page, at the top, I showed part of the connection diagram for T12 and T245.
The difference is that the T12 thermocouple is connected together with the heater and is connected with two wires, while the T245 thermocouple is connected with a separate wire.
Therefore, in the controller, it is necessary to break the connection with the '+' to the input of the operational amplifier and connect it with a separate wire.
Take a good photo of your controller board from both sides.

I can’t give a link to Aliexpress - I have my own store in Russia - this link will not work for you. Therefore, look in the store (pictured), GX12 5pin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 04:00:15 pm by yelkvi »

Offline Papperskatt

« Reply #3321 on: March 03, 2023, 04:07:59 pm »
No.
:-+

The Handskit stations I've seen have absolutely no QC. Bad solder joints, misaligned components etc. I have the equivalent KSGER hot air station which is OK, or maybe just less crappy.
Good to know, thanks! I guess that explains why it's so much cheaper...

Not to mention the fact that the name is... questionable... here in Sweden.

I might still give it a go, though, as money is tight and I consider myself competent enough to fix the factory sloppy job.

BTW, I'm working on a Swedish manual for this firmware, might be available soon.
:-+

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3322 on: March 03, 2023, 04:32:43 pm »
Yes, SH1106 works fine with the SSD1306 build.

The following users thanked this post: asupsp700

Offline Vuhda

« Reply #3323 on: March 03, 2023, 04:40:21 pm »
I would like to send you back a picture of the back of my circuit.  The previous circuit is tightly soldered so I can't open it.
 Thus, with 3 ropes green, red, and blue.  How do I connect the pins of gx12-5.
Thx.

Offline yelkvi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3324 on: March 03, 2023, 05:32:26 pm »
According to your photo of the soldering iron handle:
green is '-'
Blue - '+'
red - thermocouple output.
Cut the J1 on the board (photo)

You also need to decide how the soldering station will go into standby mode.
Your T245 doesn't have a vibration sensor like the T12.
Either insert the vibration sensor into the handle (you will also have to change the wire of the handle - there are few wires in yours), or (as David showed here before) make the sensor in the stand. Which will close the 'S' contact of the controller to '-'.
Also in this pen there is no NTC temperature sensor. But this issue is easily solved in the controller settings (disable NTC).

« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:47:23 pm by yelkvi »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf