Author Topic: Sugon t36 , uses jbc 115  (Read 7831 times)

Offline Imran333Topic starter

• Contributor
Sugon t36 , uses jbc 115
« on: December 23, 2020, 05:49:05 pm »
Thought I’d share my purchase as I’m probably one of the first to get this soldering station , it cost £200 and comes with 1 very fine pointed tip around 0.1mm c115-126, I’m impressed as it melts solder after just 1 second from cold and reaches 350c around 1.5s to 2 seconds , it is quite expensive but it does have one genuine jbc tip and it is genuine tip, only drawback is that the tips available are very limited , the c115 is for micro soldering and the biggest chisel tip is 2mm and biggest bevel is 1mm and doesn’t have a lot of tips available , maybe someone could get the c245 tips soldering iron to work , I haven’t checked inside what the quality is like , but so far I’m impressed this well a tiny 0.1mm tip can perform , the quality of the actual soldering iron is ok but could be better, maybe I can try getting a original jbc one to work but will have to look into that , the tips on what are like £60 each but I did find a website where if I buy 1 then it’s around £54 including delivery but if I buy 2 then I can get them for around £64 for 2 with free delivery so not so bad if I buy 2 , I think I will buy 2 tips , one 1mm bevel and a 2mm chisel and maybe a 0.5mm bent tip .
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:16:27 pm by Imran333 »

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
Re: Sugon t36 , uses jbc 115
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 06:31:22 pm »
Looking at reviews of the other standalone JBC clones indicates that they are built to use a specific JBC tip type and are not cross compatible (i.e. a clone that uses C245 tips, like the Jabe 1200, cannot use C210 tips, reviewers have tried and ended up burning them up).  I don't have any idea if the one you bought is cross compatible with any other JBC tip or not, but I would not hold out too much hope based on that. 

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 12:04:42 am »
I was just thinking maybe it’s possible to use a original jbc 245 handle with some modifications , I know it won’t be no plug and plug play option but maybe some mods can do it

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 12:49:32 am »
I'm not an expert on soldering stations at all, but I believe the main difference between the C245 and the C210 is that the C245 tips are driven by a 24V power source while the C210's are driven by a 12V power source and the clones have either a 12V transformer or a 24V transformer, depending on which clone you get (i.e. the Jabe I mentioned earlier is C245 compatible and the Sugon T26 is C210 compatible).  If the C115 tips are 12V driven, then it may be possible to use a C210 handle and tips with it, but not the C245 tips, on the otherhand, if it uses 24V to drive the tips, then you may be able to use a C245 handle and tips on that unit, but not the C210's.  But the only way to know for sure is to tear it down, perhaps it comes with a 12V/24V transformer which is not the case with the other clones, then you might have that flexibility, assuming there are no other easily remedial hardware/software issues that would prevent it.  Good luck and keep us informed on what you find out.  :-+ 

The following users thanked this post: tai

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 02:25:14 am »
For the jabe that uses the 245 tips , you can buy this so you can add a c210 soldering iron to it , so you can run 2 soldering irons, the 245 one that comes with the station and a extra c210 iron , maybe I can buy something similar so I can run 245 tips bcuz my station comes with the newer jbc tips , the c115 tips and it would be great if I could use the c245 tips as they are for higher powered soldering tasks and there’s a big tip selection for c245 compared to the c115

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 02:29:10 am »
I actually found this aswell , this station has 2 handles, comes with c245 abd c210 handle and the price is around £140 with no tips which is reasonable to be honest

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 04:48:05 pm »
Handskit offers a KSGER T12 style that uses JBC C245 tips and I found another company that offers a controller board for T12 and JBC C245 and C210 tips that looks like it would be used in that form factor (I suspect the Handskit one uses that board, but only offer it with a 24V power supply, so its only listed for the C245).  While I am following the CFW thread to see if the KSGER and similar STM32 control boards can be mod'ed to use JBC tips, I am actually perfectly happy with the unmodified KSGER I bought a few months ago. 

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 02:22:06 am »
I take it you talking about these ones , I did think about buying the handskit but I didn’t like the handle but I suppose it wouldn’t be hard to change the handle , I did actually buy the x soldering station that comes with the 245 ,and 210 handle but probably be a couple of weeks before I get it , and I think I’ll buy this controller board to build my own jbc station, and maybe see if any cfw can be used with it ,I’ll need to sell some of soldering stations bcuz I got ersa icon pico, Hakko fx951, metcal Mx-500av with iron and tweezers ,metcal mfr-1110, thermaltronics Tmt-2000 , weller wd2m with the wmrp iron and wmrt tweezers, jabe ud-1200, now I got the sugon t36 and the xsoldering pro on order, I’ll probably get rid of the ersa and fx951 and the jabe and buy this controller that can hue jbc and t12, maybe configure it for jbc first and compare performance to the xsoldering pro and jabe, I also wonder if jbc tweezers can be work with these clones instead of the iron, do you know if that’s possible ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 02:24:24 am by Imran333 »

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 03:11:21 am »
...you can buy this so you can add a c210 soldering iron to it , so you can run 2 soldering irons, the 245 one that comes with the station and a extra c210 iron...

I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline uli12us

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 08:26:58 am »
This part seems to be a voltage converter for different soldering stations. Maybe only a simple DC-Converter. the double ended Plug is to connect the soldering station to the converter box. Unfortunately the website has no description of the part or the function of it.

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 02:50:57 pm »
I take it you talking about these ones , I did think about buying the handskit but I didn’t like the handle but I suppose it wouldn’t be hard to change the handle , I did actually buy the x soldering station that comes with the 245 ,and 210 handle but probably be a couple of weeks before I get it , and I think I’ll buy this controller board to build my own jbc station, and maybe see if any cfw can be used with it ,I’ll need to sell some of soldering stations bcuz I got ersa icon pico, Hakko fx951, metcal Mx-500av with iron and tweezers ,metcal mfr-1110, thermaltronics Tmt-2000 , weller wd2m with the wmrp iron and wmrt tweezers, jabe ud-1200, now I got the sugon t36 and the xsoldering pro on order, I’ll probably get rid of the ersa and fx951 and the jabe and buy this controller that can hue jbc and t12, maybe configure it for jbc first and compare performance to the xsoldering pro and jabe, I also wonder if jbc tweezers can be work with these clones instead of the iron, do you know if that’s possible ?

Those are them, but if you are asking me about the tweezers, I have no clue and will leave that to anyone with more knowledge than I on the subject weigh in.

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 03:27:15 pm »
I could test on a ground plane and see how it behaves , but the c115 and 110 are not really designed for doing soldering that requires high power soldering, the tips available are very small and only good for micro soldering like repairing mobile phones etc , but I could try it abd see what happens

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 12:29:52 am »
...the double ended Plug is to connect the soldering station to the converter box. Unfortunately the website has no description of the part or the function of it.

And if this cable is mains, it implies that one of the sockets on the *converter box* has live exposed pins...
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 09:37:42 pm »
that handskit c245 station is crap imo i ordered in one to test and the tips are total junk it comes with one fell apart within minutes, the firmware sucks big time and temps are way off when tested with the other tips it came with. they are a bit better with a genuine jbc tip though. but the firmware has basically no settings and you cant turn off the buzzer as they say there is no setting for it. its VERY annoying i removed it for now. the power supply is literally glued in place to the case with white globs of white glue. it is an stc NOT stm as they first stated it was when i ordered it. they changed that while i was waiting for it to get here. i complained and the seller claims he never said it was stm i sent him a screenshot of where it used to say that and he denies it and says i changed the picture lol.

i also ordered the controller shown under it in also and have 2 of them here but have not tested them yet. hopefully this weekend when i have some time ill test one out.

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 02:30:24 pm »
I tried a controller but I’m not sure it’s the same as yours , the only problem I noticed is , when you turn it on or change temp then it overshoots a lot around 50 degrees with original tips , and then it will stabilise but even then the temperature is going up and down slightly but only a few degrees , with non original tips it overshoots around 100 degrees but to be honest genuine jbc stations overshoot aswell but they stabilise a bit quicker but it’s not to bad bcuz the temperature is accurate and the menu is ok, maybe someone can come out with a better firmware which I don’t have a clue about

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 02:32:17 pm »
I also got the i2c which is good and that works with c245 and c210 and nt115 handles

Offline empeka

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 05:53:27 pm »
Does your i2c station distinguishes between 210 and 115 handles? Mine does notice 245 is connected but treats 210 and 115 the same.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf