Products > Other Equipment & Products

T12 vs 900 series type tips/element?

(1/3) > >>

DW1961:
Are things moving towards the T12 element/tip in favor of the slide on 900 series tips?

If you were buying your first station, would it be better to get the T12 design or the old 900 type standard?

n4u:
900m is crappy, hat transfer is horrible, u need pliers to change tip stations are looking fancy but thats all ... (i have one, bought when t12 doesnt exists).
T12 is fine stations, there is a lot of newest models even better, but t12 is cheap tips are cheap - as first station its the best choice.

PeterG:

--- Quote from: n4u on March 26, 2023, 06:16:38 am ---900m is crappy, hat transfer is horrible, u need pliers to change tip stations are looking fancy but thats all ... (i have one, bought when t12 doesnt exists).
T12 is fine stations, there is a lot of newest models even better, but t12 is cheap tips are cheap - as first station its the best choice.

--- End quote ---

I second this. I have been using T12 for a couple of years now. Big improvement over 900m.

DW1961:
Thanks guys.  Looks like I'll be moving to the T12 system! Hope the new station works well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCJNWTQJ

DW1961:
Where do you buy T15 (T12) cartridges? Also, do any other name brands make them, and are they reliable as are the Hakko?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version