Author Topic: Tektronix 2213 versus 2213A: differences? And looking for help fixing it.  (Read 7382 times)

Offline wkbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Folks,

I wanted to hand down a Tek 2213A scope to a friend of mine (one does not need 3 scopes, right?  :P ) only to discover that the horizontal deflection seems to have gone haywire  >:(

I have about 3.5 div of horizontal deflection, which I can center on the screen by turning the horizontal position all the way clockwise.
Vertical amplifiers appear just fine, and the timebase as such also works.  As does triggering, focus, etc etc.  PSU voltages appear
to be within spec, and do not appear to carry 'junk' (measured with my Tek 2465).

I do own the 2213 service manual, but not the one for the 2213A model.  Does anyone on this forum have a copy of the 2213A service
manual that they can share?  What are the differences between the 2213 and the 2213A model anyway?

While digging in its guts I discovered that some repairs had already been done, like replacing some of the focus resistors.  Apparantly a common problem with the 2213.  In the meantime another of these 510k resistors had gone south, so I replaced that in the process.
Obviously that did not help the original problem  :)

Suggestions, insights etc are most welcome.

Wilko

alm

Re: Tektronix 2213 versus 2213A: differences? And looking for help fixing it.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:12:07 pm »
Try searching the TekScopes Yahoo! group. A search for 2213a returns about 200 hits. I'm not aware of a freely available copy of the 2213A. There is one available for $5 from Artek Media.

Offline wkbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »
Try searching the TekScopes Yahoo! group. A search for 2213a returns about 200 hits. I'm not aware of a freely available copy of the 2213A. There is one available for $5 from Artek Media.

Thanks for the pointer.  I sent Artek email on the 28th, but no response whatsoever until now.  Any idea how responsive they typically are?

Offline wkbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 02:27:22 pm »
For the record: just got a blindingly fast response after sending another email to ArtekMedia.  Seems the gods of the Internet had
demolished my first email.

Back to troubleshooting...

alm

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »
Glad you got the manual. For the record, responsiveness is usually excellent, I've received apologies because I had to wait a day for a response.

Offline wkbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »
Glad you got the manual. For the record, responsiveness is usually excellent, I've received apologies because I had to wait a day for a response.

Yes, I fully agree, Dave (of Artek media, mind you  :o ) is also a very nice gentleman.

Online BTO

• Frequent Contributor
Folks,

I wanted to hand down a Tek 2213A scope to a friend of mine (one does not need 3 scopes, right?  :P ) only to discover that the horizontal deflection seems to have gone haywire  >:(

I have about 3.5 div of horizontal deflection, which I can center on the screen by turning the horizontal position all the way clockwise.
Vertical amplifiers appear just fine, and the timebase as such also works.  As does triggering, focus, etc etc.  PSU voltages appear
to be within spec, and do not appear to carry 'junk' (measured with my Tek 2465).

I do own the 2213 service manual, but not the one for the 2213A model.  Does anyone on this forum have a copy of the 2213A service
manual that they can share?  What are the differences between the 2213 and the 2213A model anyway?

While digging in its guts I discovered that some repairs had already been done, like replacing some of the focus resistors.  Apparantly a common problem with the 2213.  In the meantime another of these 510k resistors had gone south, so I replaced that in the process.
Obviously that did not help the original problem  :)

Suggestions, insights etc are most welcome.

Wilko

RE " (one does not need 3 scopes, right?  :P )"

where would you get such a ridiculous idea like that from ?
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf