Author Topic: Tektronix 2901 Time Mark Generator Tear Down & Inspection  (Read 37460 times)

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tektronix 2901 Time Mark Generator Tear Down & Inspection
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:48 am »
I have had no issues in thst area. The only thing I had to do was reseat all most all of the components. Other than that replace the power indicator as it was broken and the power switch both easy replacements.

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 07:10:36 am »
Mine is still working, no complaint what so ever.

Heck, even the electrolyte caps are still fine.  :-//

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 08:11:57 am »
Yep, wonder if Saul got his working or not? Sounded that he was not sure that it was working or not.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:50:55 am by Docholiday »

Offline 1xrtt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 11:57:28 pm »
Saul,
I have a 2901 also, found it at begining of this year in one of the many electronic junk stores in Sao Paulo. It was in a sorry state, completely covered in dirty. I don't know how it is yours, but a good starting point is to get a good contact cleaner and isopropyl alcoohol and clean all the switches. Also, all transistors are socketed, and they may have bad contact, so cleaning them is also a good idea.
Make sure you let it dry for a day before turning it on.
Terrahertz posted the link for the manual on this thread, so I won't be redundant. He and Bravov both made an amazing job with the teardown of their units, make sure you read this whole thread, it is unbeliavable how much one can learn from these guys.
Have fun with it! I understand it is an equipment with a very specific use (to calibrate scope time base) and may not be of much use outside of that , but it sure is a nice example of engineering.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf