Author Topic: Tweezers.. regular cold ones... non lcr.. for picking things up off the table  (Read 1992 times)

Offline I_SaldanaTopic starter

• Contributor
My recent experience with stocking up on tweezers from all over the world.
Erem, Erem/weller budget, hakko, Engineer brand titanium, chinese "titanium", chinese cheap ones...

Advertised : antistatic, not magnetic, acid resistant, heat resistant..

Actually cares about:  Grabs the ones that open widest each time.

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
Advertised : antistatic, not magnetic, acid resistant, heat resistant..
ceramic ?

• Contributor
1 pair , sure. it's sitting pretty on the side of the jar.   ;D

My point being, how wide they open is my main criterium yet it's not mentioned in advertising. I saw people mention it in some reviews. Tweezer reviews are few.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 06:50:01 pm by I_Saldana »

Offline rvalente

• Frequent Contributor
My dentist gave me a few old dental tools in the past. That stainless alloy is soooooooo freaking good! Get yourself a explorer to scrap pcbs and stuff, its really good and useful.

The following users thanked this post: I_Saldana

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
My dentist gave me a few old dental tools in the past. That stainless alloy is soooooooo freaking good! Get yourself a explorer to scrap pcbs and stuff, its really good and useful.

This.  I've been using ex-medical ones for years (from a friend who has a friend in eye surgery).  They throw lots out, but they're really good quality.

Just don't accept them if they have not been cleaned  ;)

• Contributor

This.  I've been using ex-medical ones for years (from a friend who has a friend in eye surgery).  They throw lots out, but they're really good quality.

Just don't accept them if they have not been cleaned  ;)

This is genius. I'm seeing my proctologist next week, Maybe he can hook me up with gear to fix my desolder gun suction issues.  :-+ :-DD

Seriously though.. My dentist already gave me hollow blunt needles. I'll ask her if she can buy a few tweezers for me with her next order. They'll be a good addition. erm... do they "open wide"?  :P

The following users thanked this post: Whales, tooki

Offline Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
Also get a few hemostats.

Offline dinth

• Contributor
Ive been almost exclusively using Xytronic (not to be mistaken with X-tronic from Aliexpress) tweezers for almost 20 years now and i really like them. Sure probably you can find better ones from CK or another "big" brand, but CK is five times more expensive than Xytronic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf