Author Topic: Where to buy an Atten ST-862D on Aliexpress?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline R-1125FTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Where to buy an Atten ST-862D on Aliexpress?
« on: February 10, 2024, 03:07:06 pm »
I am thinking about buying an Atten ST-862D hot air station.  Aliexpress has the best prices but it is difficult to tell who is a legitimate seller.  Atten (maybe) has two stores but with very different prices on the same product.  Could some recommend a safe seller on Aliexpress?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Where to buy an Atten ST-862D on Aliexpress?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 10:31:14 pm »
Look at the store rating at the top, and when it was established.
Usually best to stick with stores of a 95%+ rating.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: R-1125F

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:15:09 pm »
I bought mine from the China PhoneFix store (FIXPHONE) on AliExpress a couple of years ago. They're reputable.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802141633118.html

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 11:24:22 pm »
I found a store called Atten Pro Store that looks reputable.  I also found another called ATTEN Store that looks a bit dodgy.  I have looked at China PhoneFix store, but I was not sure about them.  The Atten Pro Store has a nice packages with the bent nozzles and a spare heating element for about $202 US.  I am leaning towards them when I get ready to buy unless I find a better option.

Offline ResHacker

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 07:46:57 am »
Hi, I have ordered it here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005927682193.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.43.5dee18026pG8GM for the lowest price available on Ali with just the basic set of nozzles as the price was low enough to process the VAT by Ali and not here by customs office as it adds another charges .. I have ordered the bent 45° nozzles additionally. Will see how much time it takes to arrive, looking forward to inspect it :)

EDIT: just figured out that it comes from France, so I was just notified by delivery company that I should receive it by today (16.2.24). For EU buyers the best site I guess ...and also with good reputation.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:42:35 am by ResHacker »
Aixun T420 single with T245 handle, KSGER STM32 with T12 handle, ZD-8915, Atten ST-862D, Rigol DHO804 modified to 200MHz, 50Mpts

The following users thanked this post: audiotubes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 02:00:52 pm »
Thank you.  I would like to hear how this goes.

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 03:58:40 pm »
Mine from PhoneFix came with both sets of nozzles (straight and bent). I've ordered multiple items through the PhoneFix store.

Regardless of the store's name and how "official" it might sound, be wary and look at reviews. Many storefronts add branding to their name to try and look like an official factory store; while many are legit sellers this tactic is a bit shady and deceitful, and therefore calls into question their intentions. So I wouldn't put much stock in stores having "ATTEN" in their name, it doesn't mean anything if it's not their official store.

That said, I've been buying from AliExpress, Banggood, and Temu for years now -- dozens of orders -- and have never once been burned by a seller. Not saying they don't exist, but the marketplaces do a reasonable job of policing their storefronts overall. For the small handful of times I needed a refund or cancellation it was always handled promptly and courteously by the marketplace.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 11:42:53 pm »
I agree the names are confusing.  There are several called phonefix something...  Another called fixphone which looks very impressive but no telling how good they are.  The Atten Pro Store has a very impressive storefront, but also hard to tell how good they are.  "Atten Store" does not look good.  It's all very confusing.
The "Atten Official Store" has its own website, but it does not work.   

My only experience with Aliexpress has been to order a switch on Feb 4 and it still hasn't shipped.  I don't know how many eons it will take to get here.

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 02:17:43 am »
FIXPHONE, which I linked to above, is the official China PhoneFix storefront on AliExpress. As I've said, they're good. They also have a standalone website you can order direct from, but Ali is usually cheaper, especially with shipping to the US. For example the ST-862D from their Ali store is $192 shipped for the kit including bent nozzles (which I linked above). On their website the same kit is $135.99 + $65.99 shipping, so $202 total shipped.

My only experience with Aliexpress has been to order a switch on Feb 4 and it still hasn't shipped.  I don't know how many eons it will take to get here.

It's not as common these days as it used to be, but it's not unheard of to take a week or two to ship out of China. It's also pretty common that things move but tracking doesn't update. I've had things show up at my door that tracking said was still in China. But that's much less common than it used to be -- I have been ordering a few times per month and things typically ship within a day or two, although they can get hung up on the way to the port, in customs, and in country.

Just to highlight that it's not always a China problem: I had ordered a DMM from Ali in January. It arrived in my state in about 10 days. It then spent the next 14 days bouncing around inside my state going back and forth between the same post office distribution centers and a small town post office on the opposite side of the state from where I live. I called that post office and as soon as I said my name and described the package, she knew what I was talking about. She said they had been trying to figure out why it kept coming back to them, because the name, address, barcode, and everything about the label was correct. Yet it kept routing to them instead of my PO. They had to deface the label before sending it back to distribution so that the automation would kick it out and force them to manually route it. I finally did get it several days after that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 02:27:48 am by Veteran68 »

Offline ResHacker

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2024, 12:46:25 pm »
Thank you.  I would like to hear how this goes.

Hi, it arrived on Friday, 16.2., it was very quick and came from France. The station is as described, all working well + apart from the listing they have besides the basic 3 straight nozzles added also the converter A2600 one, so I'm very happy with the purchase and can recommend it. The angled nozzles I've ordered from different shop for a good price and it will go from China.
Aixun T420 single with T245 handle, KSGER STM32 with T12 handle, ZD-8915, Atten ST-862D, Rigol DHO804 modified to 200MHz, 50Mpts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2024, 03:07:54 am »
Thanks for the update.  One concern I have is getting a knock off Atten unit.  I have seen quite a few copies of the Quick 861DW on Aliexpress, but I have not seen a fake Atten ST-862D that I know of.

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2024, 01:57:28 am »
While you can never discount the possibility with Chinese goods, I really don't think anyone is knocking off the Atten units. At least I've never heard of one.

I don't believe I've ever seen a "fake" Quick 861DW either. Of course there are copies of them, but they're branded differently. The BEST BST-863 is a pretty popular version, though it doesn't try to look identical (different display and color scheme, but otherwise very similar).

The YAOGONG 861DW aims to be an identical clone of the Quick 861DW in appearance, but clearly has the YAOGONG logo on it, not a fake Quick logo. So if you're paying attention you *know* you're not buying a genuine Quick.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 03:09:12 am »
I guess I don't see much difference between a fake and very close copy. 

This video shows a copy and the real thing.  Both say Quick on the back.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 03:14:40 am by R-1125F »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2024, 09:14:08 pm »
I did order from the "Atten Pro Store" and it came in very quickly to the East Coast USA.  Price with the bent nozzles and a spare heating element was just under $200.  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a genuine Atten product.

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2024, 06:43:31 pm »
Reliable US Based (Oklahoma) Wholesaler under $160 Free Ship

https://www.wholesalegadgetparts.com/atten-st-862d-hot-air-rework-station.html

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2024, 06:53:52 pm »
With free shipping that is a great deal.  If would have bought from them had I known.  I did get mine with bent and straight nozzels and a spare heating element from the seller on Aliexpress for just under $200.   Shipping was very fast, it go to the East Coast US in just under a week.   The bent nozzles that I got with it were not quite what I was looking for.   The were the type that fit on an adapter.   I did order an set of bent nozzles that was made for the ST-862D and they are fine.   

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2024, 09:22:29 pm »
Reliable US Based (Oklahoma) Wholesaler under $160 Free Ship

https://www.wholesalegadgetparts.com/atten-st-862d-hot-air-rework-station.html

That is a good deal if shipping is free, provided they're a reputable seller.

The bent nozzles that I got with it were not quite what I was looking for.   The were the type that fit on an adapter.   I did order an set of bent nozzles that was made for the ST-862D and they are fine.   

That's odd. The bent nozzles I got with my kit from the PHONEFIX store fit directly on the handpiece, no adapter needed. Are they friction fit or the screw clamp style like the cheap stations use?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2024, 09:44:36 pm »
What I got with the ST862D were the clamp style.  I don't like those so I bought a set of friction fit made for the ST862D.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2024, 09:45:45 pm »
I noticed that wholesalegadgets does not have the ST862D in stock.

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2024, 07:13:34 pm »
I noticed that wholesalegadgets does not have the ST862D in stock.

they must have ran out they always get more though.

Veteran68, they are reputable I and many others i know have purchased from them.

The following users thanked this post: Veteran68

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf