Author Topic: Accuwinder CW-15B Coil Winder manual?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Fixed_Until_BrokenTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Accuwinder CW-15B Coil Winder manual?
« on: August 17, 2023, 01:38:49 am »
Does anyone here have the manual for an Accuwinder CW-15B Coil Winder? I ended up with one for the low price of hauling out of the building at work today. Our Magfab guys got tired of finding a new place to store it in the factory. I hope to find a manual for writing some software for it. It looks like it's just GPIB, maybe? No one at work knew how to use this coil winder anymore. It's been in storage for so long. We apparently had 2 of them at 1 point. I actually can't find much information about these on the internet.

Any info would be helpful. I think I am missing the tensioner for it. Attached are some pics. 

Offline Fixed_Until_BrokenTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Accuwinder CW-15B Coil Winder manual?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 12:09:41 am »
I found a little bit more about this and got some more parts for it. I now have the tensioners for it. I still cant find a manual for it.

The port on it is a parallel printer, not GPIB. I forgot those parallel ports ever looked like that. I also have the software for it. I will need to transfer it off the dinosaur Windows 98 computer to upload. It looks like the motor diver might be dead in it. This weekend I will pull the stepper motor. The software will count the turns if I hand-turn it, but the motor won't turn on its own.

As I figure more out about this I would like to keep the thread going just because there isn't much info on the internet about it. I would like to get it working as designed but I will likely make my own controller for it later down the road.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf