Author Topic: xgecu t56 programmer. 48pin nand k9hag08u1m verify errors?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline psxpetey1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
xgecu t56 programmer. 48pin nand k9hag08u1m verify errors?
« on: January 15, 2021, 03:35:34 pm »
Does anyone have one of these? I am using it to program nand storage 48pin tsop, and when reading, it goes fine but the verifying process always fails, not completely though. The log goes fine until about 57% of verification then at around block 4000 it will scroll: block#4102 verify error bytes 3
block# 4112 verify error bytes 290
block# 4114 verify error bytes 362 and it goes by multipes of 2s until block#6082
the highest number in the error bytes position is 3734 does this mean that many bytes failed to verify in that block?
The chip works in the device it came from and some other chips with the same serial number k9ha seem to read fine and sometimes have no errors, but when I program them the same verify errors at different positions when verifying. Should I just ignore these?

I notice that he has ecc turned off could that cause errors or do you want it to be off when copying data so the data doesnt get ruined? basically I am trying to copy this nand and migrate it to another and obviously the data has to be the same or it wont work.

Offline Steve007iii

Re: xgecu t56 programmer. 48pin nand k9hag08u1m verify errors?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 09:01:58 pm »
hello

Did you read the manual?

6.3 NAND Program main interface
http://www.xgecu.com/MiniPro/T56_TL866II%20USER%20GUIDE.pdf

Bit flip Permission
Set by the required ECC error correction bit, usually set by default, no need to modify.
Note: When reading or writing to the chip, the NAND will be bit flipped, so the data file read may not be exactly the same every
time.The file data is valid as long as the auto-verify passed when reading, that means the error data is in allowed range.

Bad Block Manage Mode
3 manage modes for bad block

Skip Bad Block

If a bad block is found during reading or writing IC, the programmer will skip the bad block. And directly proceed to the next block.
as below

Hard Copy

Force data reads or writes regardless of whether the block is marked with a bad block or not. If the verifying displays error during
writing, programming will be stopped. This method is generally used for technical maintenance when replacing memory chips.

Replace Bad Block

Bad blocks are found to be written to the beginning of a specific block set, that allows the system to logically feel that the memory
is still a contiguous area, and is generally used in partitioning mode.
See detailed instructions in the example configuration as below. The number type in the start block (example: 900) is the actual
replacement block index that is written to FLASH when the bad block is found.

Example

In repairing equipment, we often need to read out data from an original chip, copy it to another new chip, and then solder it to
the board. To ensure that the chip can work properly, users need to pay attention to the following points:
1. Copy chip configuration: Use the default settings of the programmer software.
Option settings: must use hard copy, the data in the file must include spare area, all other options are not checked by
default. When reading by this mode, the programmer can read the entire contents of the chip (including the contents of
the bad block) to the file.
2. Some NAND FLASH chips have the unique ID. Embedded system applications may read the unique ID of the chip and
perform encryption operations in the program, because the unique ID is set by the chip manufactory at the factory and
cannot be changed or copied. In this case, even if you have copied all the contents of the chip correctly (including the
OTP contents), it will not work properly after replacing with the new chip.
For example: MT29F4G08ABAEA has the unique ID (16+16 Bytes) , which can only be read, cannot be rewritten.
If the application is encrypted by this method, it cannot be replaced with the new chip unless you can modify the
software of the embedded system.
3. OTP Area (OTP One-Time Programmable Storage Area)
OTP Area only exists on some NAND Flash chips, please check the IC data sheet for details.
For example: MT29F4G08ABAEA has the OTP data of 30 pages (30Pages*2112 bytes). When reading, you should read
the OTP content at the same time. Check whether the OTP file is completely empty (FF), if there is OTP data, you need
to write OTP at the same time when programming. Only T56 can support reading and writing OTP data

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf