Author Topic: Xytronic LF-2000(U) soldering station : alternative iron handle  (Read 1366 times)

Offline brolekeTopic starter

• repair/fix/never throw !
Hi there,
I bought 2 years ago a Xytronic LF-2000(U) soldering station (not the LF-2000). It is very well built and it has been working great so far and helped me repairing different things over those years.
My only concern is about the iron handle (505V), using bits similar (in design, not in dimensions) to the hakko T12 bits and containing AFAIK the heating element.
They are pretty expensive and somehow fragile.

I would like to use a standard handle with standard bits : I tried to fit a Xytronic 307K to my soldering station (100W, 32V, 7-pin) but the handle would not be recognized (heat sensor not found). I guess that the pinout used on the soldering station may not match this solder iron : I dismantle the station and saw that only 4 pin were connected out of the 7.

My question would be pretty simple (at least to ask). How would I fit another handle to my soldering station ? Has it already been done here ?
I tried to contact Xytronic and asked for help, but I must say that there answer was more than disappointing (no schematic, no help, no explanation, etc.).

Thanks for your help,

Offline brolekeTopic starter

• repair/fix/never throw !
Re: Xytronic LF-2000(U) soldering station : alternative iron handle
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 07:28:34 pm »
Hi, any experience with those soldering station ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf