Author Topic: Yet Another 936 Clone Review (Images)  (Read 16676 times)

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Yet Another 936 Clone Review (Images)
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 01:40:42 pm »
I can buy Baku BK-936D for 25 euros, new.

http://www.ifix.rs/index.php?route=product/product&path=69_70&product_id=55

Is that also a clone of Hakko? Is it any good?
I mean, do heater and tips fail often, or do they last a good amount of time?
Can I use original Hakko tips with it?
1. It's definitely a clone.
2.  :-//
3. Lifespan varies greatly. Generally though, they don't last as long as genuine Hakko (i.e. ceramic insulation breaks off, exposing the nichrome wire). Some users have replaced the heating element with a genuine Hakko one. Tips tend to be short lived vs. genuine Hakko as well.
4. Yes. You may need to make a shim for better thermal transfer though (or buy a genuine Hakko element).

The following users thanked this post: Srbel

Offline Srbel

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics engineer
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 06:32:57 am »
Thanks. From reading on the internet, I have found that it is actually a very good soldering station, but the tips don't last very long.

Also, there is a new model BK-936D+ (with the "plus"). It is painted like Hakko (blue and yellow), but I don't know if there are other differences (improvements)?

Offline Srbel

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics engineer
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 03:35:01 pm »
Out of stock everywhere. :(
I will have to wait for at least 3 weeks.

Offline MaximRecoil

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 08:15:04 pm »
FYI the 936 or the 888 don't take 14 sec to reach operating temperature from room temperature; its more like 30 sec or more, depending on the ambient.  Its always been that way.  Once at working temperature response can be fast.

BC AD2950: 6 seconds
Metcal 5000: 12 seconds
Hakko 936: 43 seconds

JBCs don't reach operating temperature twice as fast as Metcals. This is a chart published by JBC themselves:

And to even get that result they stacked the deck in their favor by using a 2mm wide chisel tip in their JBC and using a 2.5mm chisel tip in the Metcal. The most interesting thing about that lopsided comparison though, is that the JBC overshoots its target temperature by some 15 degrees C, and the Metcal doesn't overshoot whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:21:35 pm by MaximRecoil »

The following users thanked this post: saturation

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »
Rather than deal with Chinese clones one should consider getting the Hakko FX600; its an entire station in a handle.  Its available worldwide via eBay sold by vendors in Japan, about $50 with some variation depending on S&H to your country.  It has all the benefits of the original analog 936 or Hakko FX800 at half cost.  The only cons are the weight of the handpiece as the station was shrunk into the handle and the pencil feels much warmer than a station based pencil.  Perfect for repairs, portability and project of low parts count, more the norm today.  Made in Malaysia.

https://www.amazon.com/Hakko-temperature-limiting-soldering-FX600/dp/B006MQD7M4

Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline mstck

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 08:53:45 pm »
Rather than deal with Chinese clones one should consider getting the Hakko FX600; its an entire station in a handle.  Its available worldwide via eBay sold by vendors in Japan, about $50 with some variation depending on S&H to your country.  It has all the benefits of the original analog 936 or Hakko FX800 at half cost.  The only cons are the weight of the handpiece as the station was shrunk into the handle and the pencil feels much warmer than a station based pencil.  Perfect for repairs, portability and project of low parts count, more the norm today.  Made in Malaysia.

This unit is rated at 100V AC.  Will it work reliably  if used at 115VAC?

Thanks

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 02:00:44 pm »
Yes.  The heater A1600 is the same for the 100-120V range. 50-60Hz.  Hakko just specifies different wattage for each local voltage.
I do not know status of 220V users.  If it matters to you, FX600-01 has grounded plug, while FX600-02 is ungrounded.

There is more data in the Japanese Hakko site, translate it with google, do not use the USA or English version from Japan.

You'll need to recalibrate the knob to point to the right temp.

Enjoy.

http://www.hakko.com/japan/products/hakko_fx600_parts.html#productNav

This unit is rated at 100V AC.  Will it work reliably  if used at 115VAC?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:31:41 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

The following users thanked this post: mstck, capsicum

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf