Author Topic: Yokogawa DLM-2000 have not been tried. It is a 200 MHz, 1.25 GSamples/s  (Read 9699 times)

Offline LawsenTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
The Yokogawa DLM-2000 is one of the few oscilloscopes still made in Japan.  There are not many stores that carry and sell it.  I am not able to get a price for it.  It reads as a pricey instrument on their web site.  It is not inexpensive enough to be a bedroom hobby oscilloscope.  I like the vertical Macintosh classic like form factor case shape and knobs layout.  The vertical form factor was in the 1984 Macintosh SE and Plus.  The Plus did not have a good power supply board.  

The earlier DLM models have an amber orange cathode ray tube display.  The newest DLM-2000 series has a nice XGA video LCD display in color.  The DLM 2022, model 710105 has 2 analog input channels with 200 MHz bandwidth at 1.25 GSamples/s with interleave on and 2.5 GSamples/s with interleave off.  It takes about 6.25 samples per cycle of wave form is from Samples/wave forms from Hz, cycles.  What is interleave?  

The specifications could be found here:

http://c0418683.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/uploaded/BU7101_00E_3.pdf

It is a dream oscilloscope, but I cannot afford it.  The Rigol is my limit and my study room oscilloscope.  

Lawsen Lew
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:26:24 am by Lawsen »

Offline grenert

• Frequent Contributor
With four channels, not having separate vertical knobs for each would drive me crazy.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
talk about 200mhz 4ch, any brand not just yokogawa. they are hardly for bedroom hobbiest, worst for students. here is a $1700 RIGOL DS1204B 200Mhz 4CH Digital Oscilloscope 2GS/s DSO
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline qno

• Frequent Contributor
I have evaluated some Yokogawa oscilloscopes in the past.

The user interface takes some "getting used to" when you have used analog and tek scopes for 20 years.

So much even that i gave up in the end.

The spec's are OK but they need to change the user interface to one that is more in line with the rest of the marked.
Why spend money I don't have on things I don't need to impress people I don't like?

Offline vaneenbergen

• Contributor
    • ELC lighting
i bought one dlm2024.
with the max memory (125mpoints)
best feature is the history memory.
joost
Joost van Eenbergen
ELC lighting bv

Offline tesla500

• Regular Contributor
I did a review on the Yokogawa DLM2024, you might find it interesting:

This scope is very nice but does take time to get used to.

David

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
Pretty decent review considering you couldn't tear it down.  I love the parametric graph function.  Whats the typical price for this model?
-Time

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Yeah, that measurement-values over time is somethng Agilent would do well to copy - I can think of numerous times it would have been useful - there are times when even Agilent's exellent display can't easily display what you want to see.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
I did a review on the Yokogawa DLM2024, you might find it interesting:

This scope is very nice but does take time to get used to.

David

Dude..... is this you??

Your voices sound very similar.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/03/blowing_up_a_bottle_in_a_micro.php

edit: My guess is yes since the high speed camera in your tesla500 videos seems to make appearance.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:47:53 pm by Time »
-Time

Offline tesla500

• Regular Contributor
Pretty decent review considering you couldn't tear it down.  I love the parametric graph function.  Whats the typical price for this model?

I think this model has a base price of about $6k.

Just like Mike, I wish Agilent would do some of the cool stuff Yokogawa does like the graphs of measurements, and the highly adjustable bandwidth limits.

Yep, you caught me. I did the microwave video.

Offline LawsenTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks Tesla500, David:
I really want one, but what will I do with it.  I only work with simple USB accelerometer seismographs and TTL 7400 as a hobby.  I am not going to the a Yokogawa DLM-2000.  It takes very little space, great wave form recording software.  That BNC probe connector is a wiggly.  If I ever do own one, which highly unlikely.  Good open pit mining job might earn enough.  I doubt it.  If I can get my hands on one, then I will take it apart and post the pictures for all to see what is inside it.  The human interface is the way the design thinks about it.  I wonder how did the I Pod became a successful human interface.  The compact, vertical form factor is very classic Macintosh like of the 1980s. 

I like the way it shows the varying duty cycles of the square wave forms to switch something, a power supply or SCR? 

Lawsen

Offline vaneenbergen

• Contributor
    • ELC lighting
my bnc connectors are not wobbly.
Joost van Eenbergen
ELC lighting bv

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf