Author Topic: Youyue 858D+ some reverse engineering + custom firmware  (Read 269800 times)

Offline torjdrez

Re: Youyue 858D+ some reverse engineering + custom firmware
« Reply #750 on: July 12, 2019, 03:15:26 pm »
Can any one help me to guide which file should i modified to change the pin assignment.. i tried the *. ino file but still not work.. i'm totaly newbie to arduino or avr programing.. any help will be very appreciated..

Offline DGM

• Contributor
    • My Useless Blog
« Reply #751 on: July 13, 2019, 09:53:21 am »
I updated the index to include references and items for some of tne new layouts

S3F94C4EZZ MCU
YH858D V11 - no map

SMT MCU (not pin-compatible with MK184x)
858D.PCB - map
858DA.PCB - partial map (this may be compatible with 858D.PCB)

HR7P16x MCU
KSD858DP - partial map
LST1703 - no map
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:00:16 am by DGM »

The following users thanked this post: ride_bmx_mhell

Offline Atanas79

« Reply #752 on: July 25, 2019, 05:42:26 am »
How Chinese technicians record the program in the chip HR7P169 :)

Offline jmbinette

• Contributor
« Reply #753 on: August 16, 2019, 03:46:10 pm »
Anyone have a source for the adapter boards to suit Samsung S3F94C4EZZ ic's ?  I PM'ed wguibas a while ago but haven't heard back from him, and he seems not to have been active on this forum for a few months.
Tried the attachment under this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/youyue-858d-some-reverse-engineering-custom-firmware/msg782035/#msg782035

What worked for you?

I have a clone called Sigma R700 from Amazon, looks nice (no rear bezel, only front)
has the same samsung chip as yours.

Hi,

I don't want to hijack this thread but I got the same unit as @oolloo

Would you mind have a look at my latest post and tell me what you think ?
https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpost.php?p=910415&postcount=15

Thanks !

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #754 on: September 03, 2019, 06:40:28 pm »
Got my new "Youyue 858D+" today, after I couldn't convince myself to spend several times its price for a better hot-air station. While I had obviously been prepared by this and other threads, I am a bit disappointed with the build quality.

I had bought the "luxury" version with proper IEC socket in the back and jack/plug for the handpiece connection, hoping that this version has not been value-engineered to death. (My death, potentially... ;))  But the safety ground connections are flimsy to non-existent, and the soldering quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Given that I will need to spend some time with this unit to get it in shape, I thought I might as well look into modding the firmware and sensor. But I fail in step 1: How do I figure out which board version I have, and which adapter I might need?

I have found DGM's list of boards and adapters (many thanks for that!). But my board version, labelled "858D.PCB 2018.05.02", does not seem to be listed. It has an unlabelled processor in an SOIC package. Where do I go from here? Many thanks for helpful hints!

Offline Tig3rch3n

KKMoon 858D - reverse engineering
« Reply #755 on: September 27, 2019, 01:57:22 pm »
Hey ho Guys,

I recently bought one of those newer ish style 858D’s Branded “KKMoon 858D”
@Hotair Posted about I a couple of months ago but nothing seems to happen in between.

My Device is mentioned https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/youyue-858d-some-reverse-engineering-custom-firmware/msg1575175/#msg1575175 and in DGM’s Reference Document Line 149 to 151.
My guess is they are all Identical internally but who knows.

The PCB has the Printing “FED REV1.6” and “PCB000033” on it.

I have figured out most of the Pinouts, missing is “ADC temp sense” and “fan sense (input)”

One issue I have is, the Triac/Opto-Cop.
I think it is >Off on Pin high< instead of >On on Pin high<

And I’m not sure about the two missing pins U_u Temp and Fan sense  |O
I'll Post some High-Res Images and my crude Schematics later :P

Cheerse
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:21:20 pm by Tig3rch3n »

Offline Tig3rch3n

« Reply #756 on: October 03, 2019, 10:23:02 pm »
and Round 2 for the Images

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #757 on: October 03, 2019, 11:10:35 pm »
I bought a new 700W 858D, it has EASTSOFT HR7P169 chip. Unfortunately seller didn't provided any manual.
I didn't tried to remove front panel, but it looks exactly the same as these with KSD858DP marking.

Does anyone have idea on how to calibrate it?

When I tried to power on with pressed left button it enters in some engineering mode and prompts to enter some value. Any idea what it means?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:16:41 pm by radiolistener »

Offline junkman77

« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2019, 07:02:55 pm »
I saw your board on oshpark https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NQGwEEH0 and it should fit my hot air station exactly (same board and date code).
Do you have a parts list or BOM for it?

FYI, the brand on mine is TXINLEI and i got it off Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

Offline cowana

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #759 on: October 14, 2019, 09:11:19 pm »
I saw your board on oshpark https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NQGwEEH0 and it should fit my hot air station exactly (same board and date code).
Do you have a parts list or BOM for it?

FYI, the brand on mine is TXINLEI and i got it off Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

Please see the schematic attached to reply #613 (04-02-2018, 22:48:24) for component info.

The 0.1" headers are standard SMD headers from Samtec (or equivalent)

Offline fcs

« Reply #760 on: October 21, 2019, 10:27:35 pm »
Hi,

I own the same KKMOON 858D hot-air station as in Reply #755, it was just one of the cheaper ones I found at ebay and had a spare heater unit included.
It is my first hot-air tool, I don't really have any experience using or comparing these, but I had a look inside because I've read some stories about bad wiring. It looks to be the same version as shown on the photos.

I did not find any terrible mistakes, and the station works for my (for now) limited use.

I don't know if this firmware update is needed, the station seems to show the setpoint temperature while you are using the buttons, but then switches to a measured value. It just shows a quick temperature raise with a hard stop at the selected temperature (without any overshoot, maybe it is lying). I don't have any other way of measuring and comparing the temperature. The single page manual doesn't mention any calibration procedure.

But if you are looking for an Atmel ATMega based station this one can be recognized even on crappy ebay pictures just by the button placement.

If i'm bored i might have a closer look at the insides and maybe play around with this possible new firmware, what is still missing to adapt and build it for this hardware? Just the different pinout? or a full ciruit trace?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:30:51 pm by fcs »

Offline fcs

« Reply #761 on: November 17, 2019, 02:45:34 pm »
I had some time to play around with the KKMoon 858D and was able to get the alternate firmware running on this hardware.

This is still a work in progress, I do not own a thermometer to measure the air temperatures and so can't check if the displayed temperatures are even close to correct.

The heater control parameters are unchanged from the older settings for the Youyue hardware and could use some tuning, at the moment there is some overshoot in temperature control.

The adapted firmware can be found on github:
https://github.com/fsteinhardt/KKMoon-858D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:48:02 pm by fcs »

Offline Atanas79

« Reply #762 on: December 02, 2019, 09:32:39 pm »
I bought a new 700W 858D, it has EASTSOFT HR7P169 chip. Unfortunately seller didn't provided any manual.
I didn't tried to remove front panel, but it looks exactly the same as these with KSD858DP marking.

Does anyone have idea on how to calibrate it?

When I tried to power on with pressed left button it enters in some engineering mode and prompts to enter some value. Any idea what it means?

For Calibrate

Offline sunrisedx

« Reply #763 on: January 23, 2020, 02:40:52 pm »
Hi, I bought the 858d+, does it support firmware?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:55:57 am by sunrisedx »

Offline h3llb3nt

« Reply #764 on: February 26, 2020, 05:11:53 pm »
has anyone had the YOUDE 858DV4 adapter board designed by DGM manufactured? I have a ZENY branded unit marked with 'youde 858dv4' on the board. I have downloaded the eagle files for the adapter but have never done any PCB design. I've tried throwing the Gerber files for the original "Samsung" chip adapter made by wguibas to oshpark but it doesn't seem to care for some of the files and again, not really familiar with this processes (I've ordered other peoples projects before off oshpark but never done my own). would really appreciate any guidance or assistance anyone is willing to lend.

thank you in advance

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf