Author Topic: Youyue 858D+ some reverse engineering + custom firmware  (Read 402489 times)

Offline torjdrez

Re: Youyue 858D+ some reverse engineering + custom firmware
« Reply #750 on: July 12, 2019, 03:15:26 pm »
Can any one help me to guide which file should i modified to change the pin assignment.. i tried the *. ino file but still not work.. i'm totaly newbie to arduino or avr programing.. any help will be very appreciated..

Offline DGM

• Contributor
    • My Useless Blog
« Reply #751 on: July 13, 2019, 09:53:21 am »
I updated the index to include references and items for some of tne new layouts

S3F94C4EZZ MCU
YH858D V11 - no map

SMT MCU (not pin-compatible with MK184x)
858D.PCB - map
858DA.PCB - partial map (this may be compatible with 858D.PCB)

HR7P16x MCU
KSD858DP - partial map
LST1703 - no map
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:00:16 am by DGM »

The following users thanked this post: ride_bmx_mhell

Offline Atanas79

« Reply #752 on: July 25, 2019, 05:42:26 am »
How Chinese technicians record the program in the chip HR7P169 :)

Offline jmbinette

• Contributor
« Reply #753 on: August 16, 2019, 03:46:10 pm »
Anyone have a source for the adapter boards to suit Samsung S3F94C4EZZ ic's ?  I PM'ed wguibas a while ago but haven't heard back from him, and he seems not to have been active on this forum for a few months.
Tried the attachment under this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/youyue-858d-some-reverse-engineering-custom-firmware/msg782035/#msg782035

What worked for you?

I have a clone called Sigma R700 from Amazon, looks nice (no rear bezel, only front)
has the same samsung chip as yours.

Hi,

I don't want to hijack this thread but I got the same unit as @oolloo

Would you mind have a look at my latest post and tell me what you think ?
https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpost.php?p=910415&postcount=15

Thanks !

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #754 on: September 03, 2019, 06:40:28 pm »
Got my new "Youyue 858D+" today, after I couldn't convince myself to spend several times its price for a better hot-air station. While I had obviously been prepared by this and other threads, I am a bit disappointed with the build quality.

I had bought the "luxury" version with proper IEC socket in the back and jack/plug for the handpiece connection, hoping that this version has not been value-engineered to death. (My death, potentially... ;))  But the safety ground connections are flimsy to non-existent, and the soldering quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Given that I will need to spend some time with this unit to get it in shape, I thought I might as well look into modding the firmware and sensor. But I fail in step 1: How do I figure out which board version I have, and which adapter I might need?

I have found DGM's list of boards and adapters (many thanks for that!). But my board version, labelled "858D.PCB 2018.05.02", does not seem to be listed. It has an unlabelled processor in an SOIC package. Where do I go from here? Many thanks for helpful hints!

Offline Tig3rch3n

KKMoon 858D - reverse engineering
« Reply #755 on: September 27, 2019, 01:57:22 pm »
Hey ho Guys,

I recently bought one of those newer ish style 858D’s Branded “KKMoon 858D”
@Hotair Posted about I a couple of months ago but nothing seems to happen in between.

My Device is mentioned https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/youyue-858d-some-reverse-engineering-custom-firmware/msg1575175/#msg1575175 and in DGM’s Reference Document Line 149 to 151.
My guess is they are all Identical internally but who knows.

The PCB has the Printing “FED REV1.6” and “PCB000033” on it.

I have figured out most of the Pinouts, missing is “ADC temp sense” and “fan sense (input)”

One issue I have is, the Triac/Opto-Cop.
I think it is >Off on Pin high< instead of >On on Pin high<

And I’m not sure about the two missing pins U_u Temp and Fan sense  |O
I'll Post some High-Res Images and my crude Schematics later :P

Cheerse
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:21:20 pm by Tig3rch3n »

Offline Tig3rch3n

« Reply #756 on: October 03, 2019, 10:23:02 pm »
and Round 2 for the Images

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #757 on: October 03, 2019, 11:10:35 pm »
I bought a new 700W 858D, it has EASTSOFT HR7P169 chip. Unfortunately seller didn't provided any manual.
I didn't tried to remove front panel, but it looks exactly the same as these with KSD858DP marking.

Does anyone have idea on how to calibrate it?

When I tried to power on with pressed left button it enters in some engineering mode and prompts to enter some value. Any idea what it means?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:16:41 pm by radiolistener »

Offline junkman77

« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2019, 07:02:55 pm »
I saw your board on oshpark https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NQGwEEH0 and it should fit my hot air station exactly (same board and date code).
Do you have a parts list or BOM for it?

FYI, the brand on mine is TXINLEI and i got it off Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

Offline cowana

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #759 on: October 14, 2019, 09:11:19 pm »
I saw your board on oshpark https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NQGwEEH0 and it should fit my hot air station exactly (same board and date code).
Do you have a parts list or BOM for it?

FYI, the brand on mine is TXINLEI and i got it off Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

Please see the schematic attached to reply #613 (04-02-2018, 22:48:24) for component info.

The 0.1" headers are standard SMD headers from Samtec (or equivalent)

Offline fcs

« Reply #760 on: October 21, 2019, 10:27:35 pm »
Hi,

I own the same KKMOON 858D hot-air station as in Reply #755, it was just one of the cheaper ones I found at ebay and had a spare heater unit included.
It is my first hot-air tool, I don't really have any experience using or comparing these, but I had a look inside because I've read some stories about bad wiring. It looks to be the same version as shown on the photos.

I did not find any terrible mistakes, and the station works for my (for now) limited use.

I don't know if this firmware update is needed, the station seems to show the setpoint temperature while you are using the buttons, but then switches to a measured value. It just shows a quick temperature raise with a hard stop at the selected temperature (without any overshoot, maybe it is lying). I don't have any other way of measuring and comparing the temperature. The single page manual doesn't mention any calibration procedure.

But if you are looking for an Atmel ATMega based station this one can be recognized even on crappy ebay pictures just by the button placement.

If i'm bored i might have a closer look at the insides and maybe play around with this possible new firmware, what is still missing to adapt and build it for this hardware? Just the different pinout? or a full ciruit trace?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:30:51 pm by fcs »

Offline fcs

« Reply #761 on: November 17, 2019, 02:45:34 pm »
I had some time to play around with the KKMoon 858D and was able to get the alternate firmware running on this hardware.

This is still a work in progress, I do not own a thermometer to measure the air temperatures and so can't check if the displayed temperatures are even close to correct.

The heater control parameters are unchanged from the older settings for the Youyue hardware and could use some tuning, at the moment there is some overshoot in temperature control.

The adapted firmware can be found on github:
https://github.com/fsteinhardt/KKMoon-858D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:48:02 pm by fcs »

Offline Atanas79

« Reply #762 on: December 02, 2019, 09:32:39 pm »
I bought a new 700W 858D, it has EASTSOFT HR7P169 chip. Unfortunately seller didn't provided any manual.
I didn't tried to remove front panel, but it looks exactly the same as these with KSD858DP marking.

Does anyone have idea on how to calibrate it?

When I tried to power on with pressed left button it enters in some engineering mode and prompts to enter some value. Any idea what it means?

For Calibrate

Offline sunrisedx

« Reply #763 on: January 23, 2020, 02:40:52 pm »
Hi, I bought the 858d+, does it support firmware?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:55:57 am by sunrisedx »

Offline hellzakk

• Contributor
« Reply #764 on: March 07, 2020, 05:00:57 pm »
Hi together!
finally I managed this to get up and running.
There is a serious design "difference" in the 20Pin SOIC version.
The heater control signal to the MOC3041 is now driven from an additional transistor (Q5). So every custom firmware from the past would most likely kill the heater right after power up!

I desoldered the driver transistor Q5 and replaced the combination R14,Q5 with roughly 500R of total resistance.
Now I can user the Firmware as described earlier

Hi all, it's write 500R but the pic show 2 x 240 smd resistor so 2 x 24 ohm... whats the correct value 500 ohm or 50 ohm?

Offline h3llb3nt

« Reply #765 on: April 04, 2020, 09:07:29 pm »
been trying to get my zeny unit working for about a month now with only frustration.

i have had the DGM version 2 board made as that was what was on the board mod matrix. I populated it with all of the components, made the button trace cut modifications so both buttons can be pressed simultaneously, and attached a wire from the fan positive connection to the fan_sense pad of the DGM board.

i hook everything back up and i get two things:
1) all text on the display is backwards. the firmware displays 641 instead of 146. and then
2) i get FAN SPD (backwards of course).

i cannot enter setup by long pressing both buttons even though i believe i have done the mod properly.

if i restart with the wand out of the cradle i get the cradle warning (backwards) and then if i replace it i go right back to fan spd.

anyone have any ideas? just about ready to throw things thing into a volcano.

Offline DGM

• Contributor
    • My Useless Blog
« Reply #766 on: April 06, 2020, 11:57:54 am »
I'm not sure how the digit order got backwards, but I did say that they were untested layouts... 
Whether it's a difference in the boards/firmware, or if it's some dumb mistake of mine, you should just be able to change those outputs in the firmware so that they're in the right order. 

just look for these lines in the header file:
#define DIG0_ON ( PORTB |= _BV(PB0) )
#define DIG1_ON ( PORTB |= _BV(PB7) )
#define DIG2_ON ( PORTB |= _BV(PB6) )
and edit them accordingly

As to why the button chords don't work, I'm not sure.  Do the buttons individually work?  I don't remember much about the required mods, but iirc, there was more than one way of doing it. 
The fan speed thing probably just needs the scaling factor or the threshold values set in the firmware.  I think one of the spreadsheet pages has notes on setting that.  I suppose you could just disable it in the firmware just the same.  I was under the impression that the fan speed sensing was disabled by default. 

In case you haven't noticed, I really don't keep up with this thread any more.  Sorry about that.
I wish I had a volcano.  Hell, I'd settle for a tall cliff with pointy rocks at the bottom.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:08:27 pm by DGM »

Offline h3llb3nt

« Reply #767 on: April 06, 2020, 01:00:36 pm »
yeah i know its an untested layout. i knew they probably wouldn't be perfect...

i did try to edit those DIGx definitions (reversing them so that PB0 was PB6 and vice-a-versa) but that didn't seem to help... and i would have thought that would have done it. i actually tried that before i wrote my plea for assistance.

buttons did work before any mods. i supposed i could put the original micro controller back in and undo all the stuff to get it back to stock and see if that setup works again.

oh well. i think i'm about ready to throw in the towel. i do appreciate your help.

Offline decayed.cell

« Reply #768 on: April 30, 2020, 08:16:50 am »
Thanks DGM, that's an excellent summary this thread has been lacking!

The important bit you're missing from me is the name of the 'unknown name board' - as shown in the attached picture, it is marked AF858D, and dated 20161212.

In case you want to add it, the details of the adapter board I developed for this PCB are below:

The ADC scaling factor for this board when used with a 2.5v reference was 2.4 in my case.

Thanks for this, and thanks for making it open source. I got this printed out and soldered up. But when I plug it into the hot air station it briefly fires up the gun, shows AAA on the display and then 888 and then doesn't work. The ATMEGA programs successfully with all the fuse bits. Do you think this would be a faulty ATMEGA or a problem with my soldering somewhere

Offline ishergin

« Reply #769 on: June 05, 2020, 10:07:15 pm »
Hi, I bought the 858d+, does it support firmware?

I've bought the same model, but I've issue with fan speed control after 300C. I can't set low fan speed after temperature settings above 300C (the fan speen increases significantly).
Does anyone have a similar issue?

Offline dlkeng

« Reply #770 on: August 13, 2020, 08:39:48 pm »
I recently purchased an 858D from eBay labeled Persder-858D.

This 858D appears very similar to other 858D's, except that the temperature setting and fan speed controls are in the opposite order on the front panel and the temperature calibration potentiometer is not accessible via the front panel. The unit I received was in fairly good condition except that the AC power cord was mis-wired with the hot and neutral swapped. The main circuit board was quite dirty but was reasonably well constructed. The chassis ground wire to the hot air handle was poorly connected as well.

Anyway, I reverse-engineered the schematics for the unit and have put them on my github at: https://github.com/dlkeng/Persder-858D
(also attached)

The microcontroller (MCU) used in the Persder-858D has no markings but is a 20-pin DIP device (in a socket) that appears to be connected the same as the MK1841D3 MCU used in the Baku 8585D.

Offline necessaryevil

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #771 on: November 08, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »
I recently purchased an 858D from eBay labeled Persder-858D.
The unit I received was in fairly good condition except that the AC power cord was mis-wired with the hot and neutral swapped. The main circuit board was quite dirty but was reasonably well constructed. The chassis ground wire to the hot air handle was poorly connected as well.

Anyway, I reverse-engineered the schematics for the unit and have put them on my github at: https://github.com/dlkeng/Persder-858D
(also attached)
[...]
Great job. I wouldn't worry to much about the phase and neutral being swapped, a lot (most?) countries have reversible plugs, some countries have split phase.
I'm going  to buy one and I'm very happy with this thread. I'll spend some time reading so I'll find an easy to hack 220v unit.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 09:45:30 pm by necessaryevil »

Offline necessaryevil

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #772 on: November 10, 2020, 04:00:39 pm »
I have found that cheap spare pcb's are available. Ideal for a mod, it's always possible to go back. I don't know which versions of the boards are sold, maybe anyone knows?: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-pcb-858d.html?seoChannel=wholesale&trafficChannel=seo&d=y&SearchText=pcb+858d&ltype=wholesale&SortType=price_asc&groupsort=1&CatId=0&page=1

//edit
I bought this hot air station and this this spare board. I'm now waiting for delivery.

//edit 2
I received the 858D. I opened it up to check out the wiring, also,  I needed to replace the UK plug for an European one. I could only find one issue: the tab of the TIP122 transistor wasn't properly soldered down to the pcb, so I fixed that. It seems that I got a good clone. It uses smd parts and it even has isolation slots. Also, the software is updated.  The display now shows the actual temperature.

1115660-0
1115664-1

« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:46:27 pm by necessaryevil »

Offline sunkmail

• Contributor
« Reply #773 on: December 25, 2020, 10:27:26 am »
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up here specifically to post about this one ...

I ordered a 858D from Aliexpress and just received it.    It is Branded as a "Sumsour"

It appears to have a new PCB design that hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I can find.

PCB Model:         KSD858DP  REV B
    PCB Date:          2020-04-22

Assembly Date:   Oct. 2020

I've disassembled and found almost none of the problems listed for other models.

The wand doesn't have the interconnect board I've seen & has an actual connector to the heating element.  (I did get a spare with the purchase too)
The grounding seems to be firmly attached to the metal shroud as well.

The only header is labeled:  SCK SDA GND VCC RST

From an assembly standpoint, the only things that weren't ideal were:

1) Case Ground
        There is a crimped & soldered ring terminal attached to the metal case via machine screw.
           However, The paint was not removed prior to connecting.
        Continuity test did show a pretty good connection anyway, but I still corrected, just in case.

2) Power Cord (IEC)
        The internal wiring of the unit was fine.  Fuse on the proper pin and all that.
        The CABLE was wired incorrectly.   N & L switched.
               Presumably a batch of discount cables that didn't meet QC.

I didn't have another cable handy, so I haven't actually tested the unit yet, so I don't know how the firmware operates yet.
      I should be able to dig out a spare sometime soon (I hope)

I was able to quickly snap a few pics before I had to head out.
(Forgot to grab one of the front of the assembled unit)

Any ideas if the firmware can/should be updated on this one?
    (I figure at some point, they're probably just going to start using one of the custom ones anyway  ;D)

RD60xx Custom Firmware Reference HERE, Or the Thread about it HERE.

Offline zakk

« Reply #774 on: January 01, 2021, 09:00:35 am »
G'day. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster  :-/O

I bought an unbranded 858D+ a while back (I believe 2019) and discovered the various mods recently. I have however come across a snag. The PCB in mine is unlike any others that I've seen listed here or the various other places. From what I can tell via a single korean blog post, it's a 2019/2020 revision but it has no identifying markings on the silk screen, bar HYQ858D.

The MCU has had it's markings removed by the manufacturer  |O but it is a 20 pin DIP IC. I've started to trace the pins out, but pin 1 is GND and 20 is VCC. I'll post more on that when I've finished.

I've attached some photos and can provide more/extra info if required.

I'm hoping that someone might know what the MCU on this version is (and I've been too dumb to find a post on it) or could provide some help.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf