Author Topic: ZM-R6200 Vs. WDS-620 BGA Rework Station: Which To Keep?  (Read 2313 times)

Offline super7800Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
ZM-R6200 Vs. WDS-620 BGA Rework Station: Which To Keep?
« on: February 23, 2022, 03:33:12 am »
So i just got a decent deal on a used pair of chinese BGA rework stations locally (paid 1.8K), with the plan to keep one and sell the other. Im yet to power either up, but i assume them both working. The ZM (ZH?)-R6200 has a partially torn down head (see pics, i have those shroud pieces), which i also saw with louis Rossman's machine, so perhaps there is a common failure point there? I also believe (at least according to rosman) that there is an issue with the ZM only having a setting for remove chip, not place? My use case is mostly for new prototype assembly, not really on repairs.

Looking at the physical machines and specs, both seem to have comparable specs and different pros and cons to the build of these (one uses belt, the other rack pinion, WDS uses HDMI display, ZM uses older rca style). Both seem to be very similar machines, supposedly made by seperate companies.

My big question would be if any owners or operators of these machines have any input on this decision, whether that be user interface, common failure points, quality of alignment, things to look out for, etc? Very little information is available out there (apart from demo videos), and i am a complete noob to BGA soldering (never done it before). Thanks.

Offline Softboxdz

• Contributor
Re: ZM-R6200 Vs. WDS-620 BGA Rework Station: Which To Keep?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 11:32:19 pm »
Hello bro . I didn’t use Zm 6200 but I own Wds 620 it’s rework all Bga chips like a charme my opinion it to keep Wds 620

Offline lagas

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 05:39:32 pm »
i use zm r6200 first generation, probably now its 10 years old. never have any issues with it. apart temperature sensors.(witch i think is normal) I use it often to put new chips like processors with leedfree, and no issues at all. i always clean it regularly. and that's it.

the main think what i like is consistent how it works, it always keeps temp where it should, and repeatedly always same.

most time consuming think on there is setup perfect profile. and then forget it :) put chip align it and press start.

setup as well easy, and have some special software points where it shows your thermo couple how long it been and in witch temp stage. so easy to mod it and save.

i usually put 2-3 temp sensors around, and one main under bga package in the middle, or drill hole from other side put sensor in, and glue it. then spend 1-2 days to adjust profile. (it depends on pcb, how much layer how much components and so on). simple pcb works just on default profile.

Offline super7800Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 01:10:06 am »
I ended up keeping the wds620. Of the two it seemed smaller and in better condition. Thanks to everyone who commented their experiences!

Offline shahnld

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 04:20:18 pm »
Good Day..

Its an old topic and hoping to get some feedback. i have 2 questions. 1st one is that i have got an offer of 2500 euro for a rework station SEAMARK ZM-R6200, The station is new. only used 3 to 5 times. So. is this 2500 euro a good price for this..? or is it too much..? and is it a good station..?

2nd question is.  if the above question is ok and you think its a good price then anyone owning this machine sharing some info about how to work the rigjt way.  i will be working mostly on 8 layer pcb's. graphics cards.. profile for leadfree chip extraction and for leaded bga attachment..?

As for the flux i have original amtech 559 v2 tf and 559 asm. 

Cheers..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf