Author Topic: 5G will kill us all? Seriously??  (Read 6889 times)

Online madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: 5G will kill us all? Seriously??
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 12:18:51 pm »
Education is the best way to help the lost sheep but you can't do much about conspiracy theorists, especially the older ones. They are simply too stubborn in their way of thinking. With social media and the attention industry as multiplier I'm not surprised about the current situation.

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 04:59:19 pm »
What's the point of talking about 5G /60GHz "photons" if they have much less energy compared to IR radiation coming out of your own body!

They still interact with matter in a way that we can precisely describe and which leads to those distinctive spiky spectra (the spectrum I posted earlier was CO).
Speech of a stranger also intgeracts with you and matter around. So what?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 05:17:33 pm by ogden »

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 05:37:03 pm »
What's the point of talking about 5G /60GHz "photons" if they have much less energy compared to IR radiation coming out of your own body!

They still interact with matter in a way that we can precisely describe and which leads to those distinctive spiky spectra (the spectrum I posted earlier was CO).
Read the next 12 sentences of the post you quoted and maybe you'll find out.

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 06:02:40 pm »

Read the next 12 sentences of the post you quoted and maybe you'll find out.
Amount of energy received was not addressed in your 13 sentences of :blah:, so I quoted only first.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 10:22:33 pm »
I think the answer to all questions about RF are, it depends. Some people here, and some governments apparently too, seem so desperate to make claims that it is "totally harmless". I find that to be really irresponsible because clearly thats not true.

Since the question is about 5G people should state that average hadset power of 5G systems is higher than an average handset now.

"The maximum EIRP is regulated to be 43 dBm for mobile stations (MSs) by the FCC"

Huo, Yiming, Xiaodai Dong, and Wei Xu. "5G cellular user equipment: From theory to practical hardware design."
 IEEE Access 5 (2017): 13992-14010.

Average use outdoors in urban areas is likely to be much lower - because of the duty cycle it could be much lower. But indoors - inside of large metal buildings, the power output has to rise. When a mobile station is trying to reach a base station in adverse conditions, such as when its inside a metal building, the power goes up.

Comfort and battery life must also limit the practical power usage as much as safety considerations, I bet. Manufacturers certainly don't want phones to run uncomfortably hot. Also, internal RF blocks are limited in how much power can be emitted by possible co-interference (although cell phones typically are not transmitting and receiving at exactly the same time, because of the pulsed and precisely timed nature of the medium.)

An objective investigation of the issue leads me to believe that its a mixed bag. I do believe that frequent use of a cell phone pressed against your head is almost certainly unhealthy and might in some cases cause cancer. (In people who use cell phones a very great deal I'd be surprised if the risk was not significant) otherwise, why have any cellphone RF limits at all?

We do have them and they are for a reason. Also, one may have co-morbidities. In my case at that time I was living in an unhealthy environment and at that time I certainly did notice effects when using my own cell phone in the typical manner. But around five years ater it emerged that the apartment I was living in had an astronomical amount of toxic mold in its attic. So I have no doubt that had something to do with my suceptibility to effects which consisted of tinnitus and mild headaches, and a feeling that something was not normal after using my cell phone for more than just a short call. This was with a non 5G cell phone, an old TDMA one. (an Ericsson) Later on I had a Motorola v60 TDMA phone and although it had phenomenal range it never caused issues for me. It had a wired hands free, which I prefer. (unfortuately they arent available on most newer phones. )

Its wise to avoid taking unnecessary risks if one can. Also, Bluetooth is both a privacy and security risk.

Actually, come to think of it I have an old friend who several years ago was diagnosed with a brain tumor. he actualy works in the electronics industry now and has for a long time. Was the tuumor on that side of his head? What are his thoughts on if it might have been caused by a cell phone? To be honest, I dont know. And I havent asked him because every time Ive spoken with him Ive just been happy he was alive. But there are people who have gotten rare cancers where it seems it likely was caused by a cell phone. People who used their cell phones a real lot, because they thought it was unavoidable.

Also, what are its effects on the brain, on memory, attention and long term potentiation? (learning)

what are the effects of cell pones on children? 

The problem is  some people think if a little is okay, lots more, and then lots more on top of that must be okay too.

Its not, necessarily.

A few years ago the UK government published a report which had enough issues with it to make it subject to a lot of criticism. Clearly they went into it already having decided what their "findings" were going to be.

(See critical analysis: Inaccurate official assessment of radiofrequency safety by the Advisory Group on Non-ionising Radiation : Reviews on Environmental Health https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/reveh.2016.31.issue-4/reveh-2016-0060/reveh-2016-0060.xml

As somebody who reads a lot of health related research I know that the science on RF exposure is still evolving rapidly.

Also, there are lots of different kinds of RF exposures. 5G is kind of scary because it uses dozens of different frequency bands, and the pulsed power is very high. Sometimes.

Some amounts of power for some kinds of 5G activities (pulsed) are a lot higher and the placement of cells much denser than anything I've seen before. Some cellphone executives have expressed doubts over whether it is even needed.

At the same time, many communities in the US are not served by any kind of broadband at all, a real problem right now. Cost is also a major problem for families that may no longer have any income or who are living off unemployment which will soon run out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/technology/coronavirus-broadband-discounts.html

When broadband providers invest in services upgrades which are unsuccessful, they dont eat that cost, they pass it on to customers.

Ive been following the issue and I have yet to see the applications that need what this system is proposing. (Can anyone here give me some examples? I bet you cant)

Is this really smart? Given that we really dont know what the health effects for people who live right next to one of these 5G sites will be. (They also might impact electronics) And anybody who claims that we "know" what its health effects would be is failing to grasp the situation..

Smart people realize the limits to our knowledge.  The more we learn, the more we also should realize we dont know. So given the already huge health challenges we face from innumerable other environmental threats to public health, including boring old ones like air pollution, combined with recent science (unfortunately not very well known to the general public) proving that in some people, (pregnant women) the effects of pro-oxidant exposures
 (hundreds of different kinds of exposures can be lumped together as having pro oxidant mechanisms of action, including what we know about RF) add up, and can be devastaing to unborn children because at that specific time in the lifecycle (and others) these different kinds of expoures are too much - in the case of unborn children glutathione depletion effects cell differentiation at a very low level. It might even make having a baby unsafe. We are actually already at the point where amounts of pro oxidant toxicants found in the environment are demonstrably unsafe. Some are quite common. While a fetus is in the womb. If living near a cellular base station causes depletion of glutathione (thats the problem) its eventually likely to cause those kinds of problems in a dose related manner. . (Cell sites often are put on the roofs of apartment buildings or on telephone poles just a few feet from peoples dwellings)

Just like lots of other toxicants like diesel exhaust already are known to cause health problems, its not unlikely that at some power level that will be shown to also be unsafe.

We should not rush into creating new risks like we are. What we're seeing is very irresponsible behavior, especially given that nobody actually needs that kind of connectivity yet, and also that many areas have literally no connectivity at all yet. With millions of people here in the US having lost jobs and many of them also having lost their health coverage and unable to afford "COBRA" its very unwise to create new health risks of any kind.

Think of it this way, every new dumb chemical or RF emitting device that somebody else might think is just the greatest thing, quite possibly might turn out to take a little bit away from the collective health of those around it. If they all use it and together, decide they want it, great, but if its just forced on them, its not great, its bad.

Here is what I consider to be a key issue.

What happens if its unambiguously discovered its really unhealthy at some time in the future, who should pay? who should bear the cost of removing it, shutting it down?  It may be very hard to the way things are going.

Just like all you folk who live in countries where healthcare is free or cheap, would you feel the same way about risks if getting cancer was almost guaranteed to bankrupt you and cause you to lose your home and everything you owned and maybe even become homeless? (as it is in the US for a very large percentage of us who are more and more hopelessly underinsured (most Americans)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:45:21 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

The following users thanked this post: mtdoc, Mecanix

Offline bson

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 10:36:32 pm »
The power used in modern handsets is on the order of 10 to 300 mW, that is 10 to 24 dBm.
It's worth noting the average power (integrated into thermal energy) is low, but the transmitter is pulsed.  The transmit power is much higher while the transmitter is active, but the average is low because of the low duty cycle.  The real contention (which I suspect is wrong) is that RF power in the form of randomly distributed photos knock into proteins, and because the photons are randomly spread some proteins will be hit with a cluster of photons while others are missed.  These proteins might get damaged.  Since statistically few proteins are damaged and the energy is low there is no significant heat generation.  This is different from applying an external heat source like boiling water of a flame, and heating through diffusion.  I think it's wrong though, in that it would take sufficiently many photons to damage a piece of DNA that it's so statistically improbable it can be dismissed, but I haven't seen it calculated.  I also suspect as soon as one protein is targeted it will so quickly diffuse the thermal energy nothing really happens.

The following users thanked this post: mtdoc

Online radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2020, 05:20:43 am »
There is pretty small risk that RF emission with 5-10 W peak power can damage live cell, because power flux density is relatively low. It needs antenna with a very sharp directivity in order to do such damage.

But there is another issue with RF emission. Since RF signal is modulated it can be used to induce:

1) thermal waves in a live organism, it leads to mechanical pressure waves with modulation frequency. So, you can modulate RF carrier with specific low frequency wave which may cause harm for live cells (for example, mechanical resonance can affect biochemical reactions or something like that). I'm not fluent with biochemistry in a live cell, so I cannot say how specific thermal and mechanical waves can affect it and how it can be dangerous.

2) low frequency electrical waves in a live organism (due to intermod distortions RF signals can produce low frequency components), again it can affect biochemistry in a live cell, also such electrical currents may affect cardiac activity or interaction of neurons in the brain.

I'm very skeptic that such thermal and electrical waves can make instant harm for people body, because short exposure leads to a very small changes and the body will recover quickly. But if it will be applied for a long time, for example 24/7, then this potentially can lead to various disorders and diseases. At least there is present scientific research that electrical waves from GHz range RF emission with such power can affect cell biochemistry.

In short, I don't think that 5G can make some physical harm, at least if you don't sit near transmission antenna 24/7  :)

The problem from 5G may come from a completely different side, such technology can be used to make total spying and and help totalitarian regimes to control peoples. But this danger does not come from the technology itself, but from people who can use this technology to remove people freedom.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:51:55 am by radiolistener »

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2020, 11:35:19 am »
Regardless of how stupid it may seem to us, it is important that we avoid mocking/laughing at conspiracy theorists and people who are genuinly scared.
Nobody wakes up in the morning and goes "I'm gonna start throwing out my sanity and believe conspiracies instead today!".

How do you propose this should be approached?  IME any actual evidence provided will be immediately dismissed as part of the conspiracy, they simply aren't willing to listen or look at anything that challenges their preconceptions.  Dealing with a combination of poor education and possible mental health issues is very difficult.

The following users thanked this post: calmtron

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2020, 11:55:47 am »
Regardless of how stupid it may seem to us, it is important that we avoid mocking/laughing at conspiracy theorists and people who are genuinly scared.
Nobody wakes up in the morning and goes "I'm gonna start throwing out my sanity and believe conspiracies instead today!".

How do you propose this should be approached?  IME any actual evidence provided will be immediately dismissed as part of the conspiracy, they simply aren't willing to listen or look at anything that challenges their preconceptions.  Dealing with a combination of poor education and possible mental health issues is very difficult.

I don't know. I agree that this is an incredibly challenging problem to solve, and I have no idea how to solve it. I actually think this is one of the biggest problems for the pedagogical and scientific communities to tackle in the 21st century.

But regardless of that, I do think that mocking them, or getting worked up during discussions about it is not the right approach and will do more harm than good. But at the same time I also understand that it can be incredibly frustrating to have to deal with people who just use logical fallacies to dismiss your arguments. I think this is one of the core problems when scientists try to talk to conspiracy theorists; scientists assume that we are all agreeing on the same 'axioms' (eg, the scientific method, laws of thermodynamics, and basic physics). In my experience this is often not the case (usually they will argue along the lines of 'but you can't know *first law of thermodynamics*, it hasn't been tested' or whatever), and as a result, all the techniques and rules that we are used to applying in our scientific reasoning are useless, and discussing from those axioms is also pointless. Like, imagine trying to argue with someone about potential energy in an object, but (often without realizing it) they just blatantly disagree with you on how gravity works. There is no way you are going to convince them because they assume that you are arguing from false assumptions. 

Also keep in mind that most of the people who are scared (in the 5G case) are not the die-hard conspiracy theorists. My experience with those is the same as yours, but when it comes to the people who are on the fence or just worried, I have had some of them just listen patiently to me, listened to their fears, and just help lead them to see what false assumptions or fallacies those are rooted in, with positive effect. Very often, they are just not versed in the scientific method and abstract skeptical analysis of claims. They lack the scientific literacy to recognize between two articles titled '8 pieces of evidence that prove 5G causes rainbow unicorns' from 5Gismeanandevil.org and 'Analysis of fur color patterns in modern unicorns based and its relation to electromagnetic radiation exposure in the VHF and UHF bands' from Nature.  And I think we all know which one of the two is going to be more understandable to the average reader on the internet...

EDIT: perhaps this is a discussion we can take outside of this specific topic into the more general chat area of this forum?
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 01:51:03 pm »

You're talking about non 5G phones there.

The power used in modern handsets is on the order of 10 to 300 mW, that is 10 to 24 dBm.

It's worth noting the average power (integrated into thermal energy) is low, but the transmitter is pulsed.  The transmit power is much higher while the transmitter is active, but the average is low because of the low duty cycle.  The real contention (which I suspect is wrong) is that RF power in the form of randomly distributed photos knock into proteins, and because the photons are randomly spread some proteins will be hit with a cluster of photons while others are missed.  These proteins might get damaged.  Since statistically few proteins are damaged and the energy is low there is no significant heat generation.  This is different from applying an external heat source like boiling water of a flame, and heating through diffusion.  I think it's wrong though, in that it would take sufficiently many photons to damage a piece of DNA that it's so statistically improbable it can be dismissed, but I haven't seen it calculated.  I also suspect as soon as one protein is targeted it will so quickly diffuse the thermal energy nothing really happens.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2020, 02:07:41 pm »
You're trying to frame a complicated situation in a way that assumes you are right, and being scientific, when in fact you are not in fact behaving scientifically or considering the whole problem. You're approach is painfully obvious to me. The way to address it is to not decide at the outset that you are going to do something and then merely pretend to have a "debate" about it, that in fact is not a debate.

If your area of expertise is RF engineering, that is a decidedly different area of expertise than the medical sciences. It may turn out that RF at some levels is safe but at other levels and or frequencies isn't.

Given the likelihood that these 5G base stations are literally going to be on every block, and most people now carry a cell phone, there is a real need for whatever we do to be safe. 

Erring on the side of (pre)caution seems to me like the only reasonable behavior!

You guys are understating the power involved here.

Lets look at what is planned for 5G in the way of NEW technologies.

"The biggest difference in V5G and 5G NR is the application focus: V5G is limited to fixed wireless access at 28 GHz, but the 5G NR is targeting all wireless communications applications (fixed and mobile) for all frequencies. V5G intended to deploy a high density of cm-Wave/mm-Wave small cells (i.e., base stations) that will communicate with commercial box set UEs, such as a wireless MODEM or a cable box. With the billions of wirelessly connected devices available for 5G, it becomes particularly critical that one must minimize the power consumption of individual wireless devices and back station/base station (BST) as well as the overall 5G system power consumption to achieve the critical reduction in energy usage spec by almost 90% over existing 4G networks [2]. Instead of only using the sub-6 GHz spectra like the 2G/3G/4G cellular networks have done in the past, at least some of the 5G devices and networks will also operate at the higher cm-Wave and mm-Wave frequencies to benefit from larger available spectrum bandwidth, smaller-sized massive MIMO phased-array antennas for 3-Dimensional Beamforming (3DBF).

It is well-known the performance of a radio-frequency power amplifier (RF PA) can often dominate the overall transmitter (TX) performance, as its power-added efficiency (PAE) dictates the power and heat dissipation for the entire TX. For enhanced user experience and massive MIMO antennas at cm-Wave/mm-Wave frequencies, the 5G system will require more PAs to be integrated in the RF front-end modules (FEMs), making the design of a 5G PA more critical than that of a 4G PA. To any successful commercial 5G application, the output power (), linearity, reliability, cost, and form factors of a PA are all very important.

Figure 1 illustrates an example of attractive 5G FEM IC array design in cm-Wave/mm-Wave for phased-array MIMO antennas. The 5G PA, low-noise amplifier (LNA), T/R switches, phase shifter, and various passives are all integrated into the FEM IC as shown in Figure 1, whose architecture is rather different from their 3G/4G counterparts and also with a much higher level of IC integration. In some cases the antennas may be directly packaged on top of the FEM IC on the wafer-scale to achieve even higher integration with reasonable performance [3, 4]. The high integration requirement of FEM ICs and massive antenna systems may favor silicon-based technologies for 5G mobile products, even though GaAs or GaN FEMs usually have better performances than their silicon counterparts [3–7]. In addition to the high integration requirement, as the TX operation frequency moves to cm-Wave/mm-Wave frequencies, it has been well-recognized as a very difficult task to design a high-efficiency linear PA to overcome the overheating issue for successful massive MIMO realization. Note that we consider the 15 GHz and 28 GHz devices as operating at cm-Wave but not mm-Wave frequencies in this review, even though the industry often “mis-labels” those devices as “mm-Wave devices” for marketing purpose. For example, Qualcomm’s 5G New Radio (NR) demonstrated an impressive “5G mm-Wave” prototype phone in A.D. 2017 operating at 28 GHz, but it should really be called as cm-Wave prototype as it never operates above 30 GHz. In this paper, we will focus on surveying the latest key development and design examples on the cm-Wave 5G PA design (i.e., at 15 and 28 GHz), since the cm-Wave 5G devices and networks will most likely be deployed earlier than their mm-Wave counterparts. In a particular case, Qualcomm is accelerating mobile deployments for smartphones based on 5G NR Release-15 specification, where the cm-Wave RF front-end design is optimized in a smartphone form factor, with multi-MIMO, adaptive beamforming, and beam tracking, supporting 5G NR interoperability testing and over-the-air trials [8]. Many other companies are devoting lots of resources in realizing the 5G revolution as well, where we believe the sub-6 GHz bands and the cm-Wave frequencies will be utilized first. Note the 15-GHz band was expected to be allocated for 5G, but in WRC15 it was not assigned as a candidate band."

(Source : A Review of 5G Power Amplifier Design at cm-Wave and mm-Wave Frequencies
D. Y. C. Lie  ,1 J. C. Mayeda,1 Y. Li,2 and J. Lopez1,3

Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Special Issue: RF Front-End Circuits and Architectures for IoT/LTE-A/5G Connectivity

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcmc/2018/6793814/
2018  https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/6793814

-----------------

So the power is much higher and the architecture of portions of 5G systems are very different.

IMHO, the use of phased array antenna systems on the base stations which also use substantial power levels make these systems different enough from the existing system that they could become matters of health concern. Frankly, I don't know.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:34:55 pm by cdev »

The following users thanked this post: Mecanix

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2020, 12:03:58 am »
ok, find a good quality hi-fi with decent power and speakers.

Have a full lunch, then stand a metre away in front of the speakers.
Play a LOUD 30-50Hz tone while your meal is being digested.
See, easy.
Non ionising radiation at a very low frequency will shake your dinner out onto the floor.
5G not required.
Enjoy !
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline Syntax Error

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2020, 12:50:21 am »
ok, find a good quality hi-fi with decent power and speakers.

Have a full lunch, then stand a metre away in front of the speakers.
Play a LOUD 30-50Hz tone while your meal is being digested.
See, easy.
Non ionising radiation at a very low frequency will shake your dinner out onto the floor.
5G not required.
Enjoy !
Dude the brown note!!! Legend.

Think ourselves lucky we didn't have to use these pre-G phones from a century ago. This battery 'brick' radiophone from the 1920s was giving out xrays. X-rays dude! It's even got a needle meter. And that can't be good.

(yes teenagers, the concept of the mobile phone is over 100 years old)

Cite: Electronics World 1920
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:53:19 am by Syntax Error »

Offline tkamiya

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2020, 12:42:08 am »
I think this is just another case of people being afraid of things they don't understand.  As I understand it, there is no such thing as a 5G band.  It uses multiple frequency bands from UHF to SHF, depending on geographical location to government regulation. 

What I am afraid of is 5G is going to create a single point of failure.  Lose it, and half of infrastructures goes down.  Redundancy is a good thing especially in disasters.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2020, 12:50:08 am »
Fully implemented 5G with all the options, uses a mesh topology - which unless the redundant coordinating controllers go down, minimises that single point of failure.

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2020, 06:45:12 am »
I think this is just another case of people being afraid of things they don't understand. 

What I am afraid of is 5G is going to create a single point of failure.  Lose it, and half of infrastructures goes down.  Redundancy is a good thing especially in disasters.

You must surely see the irony in this? Your fear is unfounded because 5G is not a single system. It is a group of protocols, over various bands, with various implementations and providers of infrastructure. How is this a single point of failure? Towers already have crazy amounts of redundancy, often because (at least where I live) there are governmental minimum service quotas, saying they need uptime even in the event of major power and infrastructure failure.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline picooper

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2020, 07:02:38 am »
You can't quarantine stupid!

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2020, 07:43:36 am »
And this says it all...
https://gph.is/g/4MoReNB

Offline tkamiya

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2020, 04:27:40 pm »
No, there is irony.  I just proved a point; although unintentionally.

|O |O |O

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2020, 03:39:21 am »
Sorry for the delay replying, my single point of failure - my brain  :palm: was down.
All good now  :-+

Offline tkamiya

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2020, 06:29:42 am »
Come to think of it, I did experience long outage.  I live in Central Florida!

I do have redundancy in telephone service.  POTS and cell.  Due to illness in the family, being able to reach out is essential.  If it's mesh type topology, I guess it does have increased resiliency.  But there got to be a vulnerability somewhere.  We'll find out what it is once it's in service.

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2020, 06:52:36 am »
Of course!

The Mobile Phone Industry Complex found the perfect solution to battle network congestion.

Decimate customers.

The following users thanked this post: Mecanix

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 08:23:53 am »
That is exactly what the conspiracy was about "1st ever 5G launched was in Wuhan China, folks seen literally collapsing not long after (total lack of oxygen), scientists/expert claim inconsistency with pneumonia symptoms, yadayada, a new virus is born". Pretty worrying stuff... obviously can't be taken seriously unless "DATA" is made available which I've struggled to find, if any at all. Seems like a secret...
Well it got produced by the US and was spread in China do to there trade war.   :box:
Its funny Trump start a Trade war against China and what happen? A Virus in China start...  :=\
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 01:37:01 pm »
In DPRK it's illegal to use a pay as you go Chinese cell phone to call your relatives in the South. But places (near the border) do have coverage from Chinese cell towers.

So, in those areas, they actually do hunt their (competition's) customers down and sometimes, "decimate" them.

Of course!

The Mobile Phone Industry Complex found the perfect solution to battle network congestion.

Decimate customers.

Online madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 02:56:56 pm »
Some are trying to make a quick buck selling a "5GBioShield with a holographic nano-layer catalyser": https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52810220

TL;DR: It's a totally overpriced 128MB USB stick.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf