Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

"Hack" an Commercial Airline Groundstation Radio?

(1/9) > >>

Lord of nothing:
Hey
An crcy German sold me on Ebay an Commercial Airline Radio for less than noting.  :scared:
Its from "Harris". There are NO information about the Box in on the Internet.  :wtf: Thankfully the also send me the Manual.
Chaing Channel and all that stuff work. The should supprt "Digital" (ACARS, VDL) but i cant swtich to digital mode.

The have an ROM?! You know that small chip who is removal and a square.
So its possible to hack that stuff and unlock the digital processing?

THX!

Lord of nothing:
 :=\ can someone help me to get the Data out?
I have no idea how to do it.  :-//

uncle_bob:
Hi

Well, Harris has been making various radios for over 50 years now. They have made at least a few hundred different models of radios and possibly over a thousand. *Some* sort of information on the radio you have will be needed to track things down. Is it bigger than a small car (some of theirs are)? Is it smaller than a shoe box? Maybe a picture? A shot of the name plate would help quite a bit. If the name plate and all ID have been stripped from the radio (they *were* there at one time), you will probably need to shoot a number of pictures of the radio.

Bob

Howardlong:
The other question is, what are your intentions to do with it?

It will be of no surprise that a dim view is taken of unlicensed operation particularly when safety of life is on the cards.

For example I have an FRTOL but I am only licensed to use it as crew, I am not even authorised to operate on the ground unless I am in an aircraft as crew.

Lord of nothing:
Its an Commercial Radio everyone here should understand that not an good idea say exactly what kind of freq the Radio could receive.

Maybe the Data outout work when i put something one other "Serial" Ports?

--- Quote ---The other question is, what are your intentions to do with it?
--- End quote ---
Get the Data out of the Box who are transmitted over the Air. Yes there are Software for SDR Dongle but hey it an commercial Radio the work 100x better than an Cheap SDR Dongle.  :bullshit:

--- Quote ---It will be of no surprise that a dim view is taken of unlicensed operation particularly when safety of life is on the cards.
--- End quote ---
hmm its just an receiver and nothing special with (expect that someone sold it who have no idea what the actual sold.  :-DD). If the Company who sold it would know what a product like that cost one the free Market the would drive insane.  :scared:

--- Quote ---FRTOL
--- End quote ---
???

You know that ADSB Reception are ilegal in quite all EU Country? So look on FR24 and other sides. Million People share it. The same with AIS its illegal to receive and share in many Country but hey...  :popcorn:

So trust me that what i want to do is what i also could do with SDR Software but with less effort. I dont want to share that data or give it out of my Hand. Its just for Recording. When i cold modified the Data to make it an Format who can be read by another program it will be fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version