Author Topic: 4G Cellular Bands  (Read 1221 times)

Offline madhu.wesly01Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • If you want to be happy, BE!
4G Cellular Bands
« on: December 25, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »
Hi,
I am Madhuwesly from India. In  India the 4G services are being offered with the bands: B3, B40, B5 mainly. Please consider a 4G module that supports few number of 4G bands but among them only one band (B3) is being matched with India supported 4G bands. Generally telecom providers offering their services with more than one band.

Will the module work good for voice and data communication even if it supports only a single Band?
Please note when I call to a telecom operator it is told that there will not be any problem for communication even if a module supports a single Band.

Thanks & regards,

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Re: 4G Cellular Bands
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:54:28 pm »
Hi,
I am Madhuwesly from India. In  India the 4G services are being offered with the bands: B3, B40, B5 mainly. Please consider a 4G module that supports few number of 4G bands but among them only one band (B3) is being matched with India supported 4G bands. Generally telecom providers offering their services with more than one band.

Will the module work good for voice and data communication even if it supports only a single Band?
Please note when I call to a telecom operator it is told that there will not be any problem for communication even if a module supports a single Band.

Thanks & regards,

If where you're using the module there is good signal in the supported band and the towers are not crowded, then the module will work OK, and you'll never know or care on which band it is.

On the other side, if some band becomes overcrowded, and the provider has towers on multiple bands in the area, your connection may be bumped between different bands, depending of the available capacity.
Depending on your data contract, the module may even "roam" between different providers (of course on different bands) in mode that is transparent to you.
Of course, if your module only supports one band, the connection quality will degrade or even be dropped.

I work on mobile communications with LTE modules, and I've never seen a single-band general purpose (voice+data) LTE module, only some obscure M2M special modules, working on a reserved band where there is no possibility of congestion. The LTE module manufacturers usually licenses all bands for a region, for example India, because having different versions accepted by the regulatory authorities is a pain in behind.
Is that a licensing issue for costs optimization, or how did got a single-band LTE module ?

DC1MC

Offline madhu.wesly01Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • If you want to be happy, BE!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »
Actually, the 4G LTE module supports three bands B3, B7, B20.

But in India the B7 and B20 bands are not used(not licensed), all the telecom providers offer 4G services based on any two or three bands among B3, B40, B5, and B41 bands. One advantage is B3 band is being used by many telecom providers along with either B40 or B5 bands.

Will the module work in India??

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 12:49:39 pm »
You can look on the Webpages from the different Company like Sierra Wireless and look into there Datasheet.
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf