Author Topic: Airspy Server config  (Read 2843 times)

Offline veedub565Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Airspy Server config
« on: November 20, 2021, 06:31:10 pm »
I set up my Raspberry Pi3 with Airspy server, and it worked ok I was able to connect to it remotely using SDR#. I didn't really want it publicly listed so I set this to 0 in the config file. I knew the ip address and was still able to connect remotely. For some reason that's now stopped working. If I set it to be publicly listed on the airspy map it works no probs, set to not publicly listed then won't connect.

This was working, so I don't know why it isn't now.  Any idea's ?

The other thing, when it was working I had a high noise floor some 20dB higher compared to running the server on a laptop. I tried powering the Pi from the same laptop (running on battery) to eliminate any wall wart noise and it made no difference, so it's not that. I tried running the server on the laptop, then powered the Pi on and held it close to the RTL-SDR dongle, and it made no difference. SO it's not the wall wart, it not the Pi spewing out RFi, the only thing I can think is that it's internally generated noise on the USB lines. And the laptop is much cleaner than the Pi in this regard. 

Online A.Z.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Airspy Server config
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 08:58:28 am »
Is the SDR directly connected to the Pi USB port ? If so, try connecting the SDR using an USB cable with chokes, also, enclose the Pi in a metal box and ensure that the box is properly grounded

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 07:53:38 pm »
It's directly connected, I'll try with a cable and chokes and see what that does. I don't think putting it in a box will do anything. COnnecting the dongle to a laptop, and holding the Pi next to the dongle doesn't create any noise problems. So it's not radiating that way.

Online A.Z.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 09:18:53 pm »
It's directly connected, I'll try with a cable and chokes and see what that does. I don't think putting it in a box will do anything. COnnecting the dongle to a laptop, and holding the Pi next to the dongle doesn't create any noise problems. So it's not radiating that way.

I was thinking to conducted noise, and that's why I suggested a cable with chokes, the metal box could also help shorting the noise to ground

Offline fordem

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 02:34:41 am »
I set up my Raspberry Pi3 with Airspy server, and it worked ok I was able to connect to it remotely using SDR#. I didn't really want it publicly listed so I set this to 0 in the config file. I knew the ip address and was still able to connect remotely. For some reason that's now stopped working. If I set it to be publicly listed on the airspy map it works no probs, set to not publicly listed then won't connect.

This was working, so I don't know why it isn't now.  Any idea's ?

Were you connecting from outside the "local LAN"?  If so, you might want to verify the ip address(es), your public ip address may have changed without your realizing it, and the private ip that the pi was on may also have changed if you did not set a static address.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 08:38:24 am »
Yes I was connecting from outside the local LAN. I checked the IP on the Raspberry and used that IP to try and connect.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf