Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

alternatives for mesh network? (solar powered)

(1/1)

otrab:
Hi!

I want to make a protoype with 4 nodes for sensing vibration on a bridge. Also this thing need a gateway with 3G capability and solar powered.
The max length bridge it's about 3km with 36 nodes aprox. Only send data if vibration it's outside of an umbral.

Some year back I made a wsn proyect with zigbee it's there another better alternative (protocol - hardware)?
Have any sense work with mesh network with the bridge topology?

* max 40 nodes
* max distance between nodes 150 meters
* only transmit if data it's out of umbral
* 3G Gateway
bytes!

LabSpokane:
Forget the gateway. Throw sims in everything. Cellular radios and data plans are stupid cheap now.

Look at aeris.com. They have an extremely affordable plan for data usage similar to the few bytes per month you'll need to xmit.

batteksystem:

--- Quote from: otrab on July 29, 2016, 12:37:21 am ---Hi!

I want to make a protoype with 4 nodes for sensing vibration on a bridge. Also this thing need a gateway with 3G capability and solar powered.
The max length bridge it's about 3km with 36 nodes aprox. Only send data if vibration it's outside of an umbral.

Some year back I made a wsn proyect with zigbee it's there another better alternative (protocol - hardware)?
Have any sense work with mesh network with the bridge topology?

* max 40 nodes
* max distance between nodes 150 meters
* only transmit if data it's out of umbral
* 3G Gateway
bytes!

--- End quote ---

What is your problem with mesh network?

otrab:
LabSpokane sounds interesting to use 3G, I worry about having to manage a sim plan for each node that you develop.

batteksystem, I think that being a bridge would not take advantage of the mesh network. All nodes are aligned in a row.

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version