Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

anybody go to Dayton this year?

(1/1)

djacobow:
If so, were there any cool, new toys to see?

I've heard about the KX2. It looks really cool, and the pricing is tractable, too. I really fancy the idea of putting on of these, a wire, and not much else in my backpack to take into the backcountry.

neonhomer:
Didn't really see too many new things. Icom is still touting the IC-7300, Kenwood is still pushing the 990s, and Yaesu is always late to the party.  People out in the flea market area were wanting serious gold for a bunch of crap!

KK4BFN

djacobow:

--- Quote from: neonhomer on May 25, 2016, 07:25:26 pm ---Didn't really see too many new things. Icom is still touting the IC-7300, Kenwood is still pushing the 990s, and Yaesu is always late to the party.  People out in the flea market area were wanting serious gold for a bunch of crap!

--- End quote ---

That's a bummer, but thanks for the report!

I think I also heard about a new Kenwood HT with DSTAR.

GreyWoolfe:

--- Quote from: neonhomer on May 25, 2016, 07:25:26 pm ---Didn't really see too many new things. Icom is still touting the IC-7300, Kenwood is still pushing the 990s, and Yaesu is always late to the party.  People out in the flea market area were wanting serious gold for a bunch of crap!

KK4BFN

--- End quote ---

Kevin, the flea markets there are any different from here?????  At least you got to go.  Maybe someday I will.  Every time I go to Melbourne or Orlando, I remember what I like about Hamfests and conversely, why I didn't go to one for 10 years. |O

Wolfie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version