Author Topic: building united DC biasing network for MACOM amplifier  (Read 904 times)

Offline john23Topic starter

• Contributor
building united DC biasing network for MACOM amplifier
« on: March 09, 2024, 03:39:13 pm »
Hello, there is an amplifyer which has a very uniques biasing network describes below in the datasheet and gerber file attached.
https://cdn.macom.com/datasheets/CGHV1A250F.pdf
I want to power 4 such amplifyer in parralel.I have an RF dividing network which is two layers PCB.
I dont have a realistic model of the amplifier. I only have gerbers , the BOM the datasheet and i need to design network which would bias 4 such amplifies is parraelel.
also this amplifier sits on 10mm copper heat sink as shown in the attached photo.
Is it possible?
If yes i would like to know how practically to do i make this big network which whould feed all four amplifiers simultniosly.
Thanks.

Offline Uunoctium

• Regular Contributor
Re: building united DC biasing network for MACOM amplifier
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 01:45:28 pm »
I. You may solve that problem with Wilkinson divider/combiners. (but i have not any clue on this)

example // totally different Freq. range!
https://www.microwavejournal.com/articles/print/5719-plug-and-play-power-solution-modules-for-l-and-s-band-pulsed-radar-applications

II. In my humble opinion mostly preferred solution in eg cellcom PA output amplifiers is to combine the single transitor stages with 90° hybrides, but this solution needs at least 6 pcs. And three of them must be capable of handling the high output power! To avoid any phase shift between, each stage is powered with near complete symmetrical constructed power feed.
Bias stages to transistors are also separated and individually adjusted.

example // tiny 2140MHz PA ~ 150W

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf