Author Topic: Good AM Radio Transmitter Circuit?  (Read 6555 times)

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Re: Good AM Radio Transmitter Circuit?
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2023, 11:42:52 am »
Here in EU/Romania, I remember as explicitly forbidden to intentionally transmit inside any broadcasting bands, no matter the power (but I might be wrong).  Though, there are ready made FM transmitters in the broadcasting 88-108MHz band, very low power, and they can be bought legally (mostly used for inside your car, to use the car's FM radio when there is no line input to connect your own player).

Just out of curiosity, those OTR records preserve the commercials, too, or just the shows?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 11:44:55 am by RoGeorge »

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2023, 11:44:39 am »
from Open University T327

Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline mojoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2023, 12:10:47 pm »
Just out of curiosity, those OTR records preserve the commercials, too, or just the shows?

Many have the commercials.

Interesting tidbit - for many years, the Jack Benny program was sponsored by Jello. During WW2, the sponsor changed to Grape Nuts cereal, due to the civilian sugar shortage.

And the most famous/infamous radio broadcast of all time was "War of the Worlds", dramatized by Orson Wells. I often listen to that program around Halloween. I think that there must have been only one surviving transcription disk of that broadcast. I have listened to several recordings of that broadcast, from different sources. All of them sound the same, including the part near the beginning, where the disk skips.

The following users thanked this post: RoGeorge

Offline MathWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2023, 12:59:50 am »
Cheap, simple & may be good enough.

I know there's TX's with 2-3 BJT's. I'm making an all BJT TX, and I'm already up to 7-8 BJT's, before any final output stage, or the audio input section.

I better make 1 of these 2-3BJT versions again, and see what they look like on a scope. If mine can't do as good as 1 of them, I hope an RF textbook will explain why.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 01:04:58 am by MathWizard »

Offline vorosj

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2023, 07:48:00 pm »
I constructed an AM signal source designed for old nostalgic tube radios.
It's based on the code found at: https://hackaday.com/2022/05/24/the-stm32-makes-for-a-cheap-diy-usb-soundcard/

I made modifications to the code, introducing additional lines to generate the carrier signal using a timer. The device resembles a USB soundcard. The modulation achieves around 90%, resulting in sound quality superior to typical AM broadcasts due to the broader bandwidth. The output involves a large coil for a near-field connection, resulting in negligible radiated energy.
Some pictures:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:50:42 pm by vorosj »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf