Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

HF ground plane antenna with elevated radials

(1/1)

cleanworkbench:
A home brew 1/4 wave ground plane, the base is 3 metres above ground here with  good swr but break through on audio whilst portable from the vehicle .  Is this the old problem of common mode currents.
Fed with rg58.

A.Z.:

--- Quote from: cleanworkbench on May 05, 2021, 09:34:44 am ---A home brew 1/4 wave ground plane, the base is 3 metres above ground here with  good swr but break through on audio whilst portable from the vehicle .  Is this the old problem of common mode currents.
Fed with rg58.

--- End quote ---

Would you please be so kind to clarify ? You wrote that you have a 1/4 wave GP antenna sitting at 3m above ground; fine till then, but then you wrote about "portable" and "audio issues", and sincerely I can't understand what's the supposed connection and what's your issue, so please, add more details

A.Z.:
I still can't understand what the "mobile" has to do with your issue; if it's due to CMC and RF in the shack, then some good chokes along the feedline and good RF grounding in the shack will help for sure, yet, your original post is unclear and you didn't care explaining your issue, so... if you prefer talking to yourself, I'm off

[edit]

and just in case, a groundplane isn't a bad antenna at all, given it's properly installed, any (reasonable) antenna will work well if one takes the time to understand some basic notions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version