Author Topic: Identify this RF connector?  (Read 2282 times)

Offline charliedeltaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Identify this RF connector?
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:49:56 pm »
Hi

Can anyone help identifying this RF connector. Its mounted on a R&S HE200 antenna in a male female push on type.

Offline Nuno_pt

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Identify this RF connector?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 12:54:35 pm »
It looks like a N connector
Nuno
CT2IRY

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 12:58:55 pm »
Thanks, but no its not.

ODis about 6mm and the pin looks about 0.5mm

Its nowhere near N dimensions. Its similar to a SMP push on connector with 6 sections gripping the outer circumference.

Offline xmo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 10:42:19 pm »
It looks like a push-on TNC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 01:32:35 am »
Thanks for that information. I just downloaded the datasheet and looks like a good match.

I have ordered some push on adaptors and will try them.

Thanks.

Offline intmpe

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 01:39:21 am »
This looks like a production/service test connector for yes, probably TNC. I personally used to just mill off the outer shell of a regular BNC.

Offline El Rubio

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 05:42:50 am »
That is the connector on the HE200 handle and interchangeable antennas right? Not the coax connector which is an N, correct?

I have an HE300 that uses a push on type connector with a twist lock on housing to hold it together. May I ask why you would want to separate these, or are you putting a different design antenna on the handle. The HE300 & 400 has a powered preamp in the handle that is calibrated with the various freq specific antennas. This is calculated into the signal levels measured and displayed by the device attached to the antenna. In the case of the HE300-400, an R&S PR-100.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 08:26:44 am »
Thanks I will try that trick with the BNC connector,

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 08:40:57 am »
Yes its not the N receiver connector its the interchangable antenna connector.

I dont have the  HF loop so i want to build by own HF loop. I have  a HE100 and HE200.  So I just want to build up a RG142 male plug to plug into the Pre-amp and handle.

Do you have the HF loop? All these LOOP antenna modules have terminated loops with transformer matching. Typically terminated with 300 ohms. Looking at the Pattern of the HF loop, it looks  like a standard shielded loop rather than  a terminated loop like the Hermes loop which is terminated in a 50 to 100 ohm resistor which gives a uni-directional pattern. I was planning to use RG63-QPL which is a low capacitance coax to build the loop. Its an experiment because  R&S seem to discontinue models of their products pretty quickly these days. I tried to buy   the K3 receiver Option for my FSH6 and they told me its discontinued!! I dont know how why they discontinued selling a key! The HF loop looks like the same size as the 20 to 500MHZ module from looking at the pictures as the HF loop is stored in the case. The HE200 and HE100 are impressive products, they really are designed well in terms of sensitivity and pattern.

Calibrated antennas sound nice, but is of little value when the  receiver and antenna combination are essentially "deaf" or the preamp  noise floor is higher than the  noise you are trying to find. Even the R&S loop antenna cant detect signals in the 0 to -20DbUV range, measuring radiated emissions HF signals is a bit complicated. No company really offers a solution. One of these days I will upgrade to the PR100, they have some nice  prices on them at the moment, something like "Covid Pricing"   which is rare for R&S

But if you have the HF loop for your HE300 I would not mind the overal dimensions of the loop. I am planning to 3D print the plastic support to match my HE200

Thanks

The following users thanked this post: ivaylo

Offline Paull Karll

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 02:40:26 am »
It is a push-on F connector for TV service and receive radio.

The following users thanked this post: charliedelta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 10:00:41 am »
Its not BNC, TNC, F.

A more plausible connector could be the 1.6/5.6 l9  DIN connector. The dimensions look close and being R&S Germany its very likely that they used DIN connectors.

Its a 75 OHM connector and seems to be readily available.  I have ordered some crap ones from the usual sources to see if it fits. Then will order  a quality connectors once I am sure.

Offline A.Z.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 01:39:51 pm »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 08:56:22 am »
Sorry to say its not a TNC connector.

My garbage connectors which are   1.6/5.6 DIn connectors arrived and they are a perfect mate and match. Now I will try and ordering some Rosenberger/Fairview or some Suhner if I can find them.

It fits the Rohde antenna both male and female. Thanks for all the suggestions. The Germans use a lot funny and rare connectors. I have encountered these on Siemens RF signal generals, Wandel Gear, and Rohde gear. So DIN it is.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 03:46:20 pm »
Sorry to say its not a TNC connector.

My garbage connectors which are   1.6/5.6 DIn connectors arrived and they are a perfect mate and match. Now I will try and ordering some Rosenberger/Fairview or some Suhner if I can find them.

It fits the Rohde antenna both male and female. Thanks for all the suggestions. The Germans use a lot funny and rare connectors. I have encountered these on Siemens RF signal generals, Wandel Gear, and Rohde gear. So DIN it is.

Just to make things harder, a few years ago they had a bit of a paroxysm in "D.I.N. land", & many of the older type connectors disappeared.

I spent ages trying to find what we used to call "Siemens connectors" & nary a sign.
Back in the day, they were all over the place in Telecom Australia comms & TV installations.

I finally found a couple of links from a patchfield that I can probably "bodge" into service.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf