Author Topic: Is there an adapter for RFM95/69 RF module generally available for purchase?  (Read 825 times)

Offline nboltonTopic starter

The RFM95/69 RF module has a 1.5mm pitch spacing. Adafruit came up with a breakout board to adapt this to 2.54mm pitch (as well as adding a regulator and level shifter for 5V MCUs, which I don't actually need). I managed to snag a couple of the Adafruit breakouts, but they seem to have become quite rare in the UK. Though, the actual RF modules (with 1.5mm) are fairly easy to find and I have a few of those. I'm aware that these 1.5mm pitch modules are meant to be mounted on another PCB, but I'd like to use them on a perfboard prototype.

The module dimensions appear to be identical to the ESP* modules, so I wonder if the module type has a specific name that I can search for... I tried scanning the RFM95 datasheet, but didn't spot anything (it's a very long datasheet, so I probably just missed it if it's there). Anyway, before I go ahead and order a batch of my own breakouts from a PCB fab, is there anywhere that sells a generic breakout board for these modules? Either my Google Fu is weak, or they don't exist.

p.s. My first post! I read the read before posting post, and looks like there are no anti-product-recommendation rules... hope I didn't make any faux pas! I normally post on EE SE, but product recommendations are against their rules, so here I am!

p.p.s. For now, I soldered them dead bug style (with a bit of heat resist tape underneath the module to prevent shorting pins).

« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 11:55:31 pm by nbolton »

Offline nboltonTopic starter

Update, I think I found the magic Google words to find an RFM95 adapter...

"esp adapter plate" or "esp breakout board"

Seems that the RFM95 module is exactly the same size and pin arrangement (on 2 sides) as the ESP module. The pinout labels won't be right, and it won't have the resistors and caps that the Adafruit adapter has... and there's a few ESP-specific resistors on there, but I'll give it a try.

I also found "RFM95 Shield" for Wemos, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

Ordering now to double check.

Offline Upballoon

• Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf