Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

Is there any frequency selective power meter cost under $500?

(1/3) > >>

youta556:
Googled `frequency selective power meter `.I get result like NARDA SRM-3006,which cost $10000+.
I has ettus SDR equipment,it's not dedicated to power meter,has no absolute power value.
As limit budget,is there any frequency selective power meter cost under $500?

dcarr:
FWIW - R&S CMU200 has this function.  It's not under $500, but is a pretty useful tool overall and is way less than $10K.

bdunham7:

--- Quote from: dcarr on May 23, 2022, 03:25:42 am ---FWIW - R&S CMU200 has this function.  It's not under $500, but is a pretty useful tool overall and is way less than $10K.

--- End quote ---

One warning--the CMU200 with the second RF generator option is limited to 2W (13dBm) input power, the ones without this option are good for 50W (47dBm).  So shop carefully.  And yes, the CMU200 seems pretty useful for the pittance (relative to the original cost) that is sells for now, even though most of its intended functionality (3G)  has become obsolete.

RoV:
It all depends on minimum and maximum power levels, frequencies of interest, required accuracy.
The most versatile instrument to do that kind of measurement is a spectrum analyzer, with some power attenuator on the input.
And, in the low end, a TinySA costs much less than 500$ https://www.tinysa.org/wiki/...

CJay:

--- Quote from: bdunham7 on May 23, 2022, 04:36:44 am ---
--- Quote from: dcarr on May 23, 2022, 03:25:42 am ---FWIW - R&S CMU200 has this function.  It's not under $500, but is a pretty useful tool overall and is way less than $10K.

--- End quote ---

One warning--the CMU200 with the second RF generator option is limited to 2W (13dBm) input power, the ones without this option are good for 50W (47dBm).  So shop carefully.  And yes, the CMU200 seems pretty useful for the pittance (relative to the original cost) that is sells for now, even though most of its intended functionality (3G)  has become obsolete.

--- End quote ---

The 2nd Rf generator is useful to extend the lower (and I suppose upper) limit with an external mixer but yes, the 2W limit can be a PITA though, as I'm positive you know well, a decent external attenuator is an excellent addition to the toolbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version