Author Topic: Macom MAAM-011162 : S-Parameters?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline UkyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Macom MAAM-011162 : S-Parameters?
« on: March 11, 2022, 09:26:29 am »
Greetings forum.

Is there anyone out there that can provide S-parameter files for Macom MAAM-011162 ?

It is a small CATV-amplifier IC in a SOT-89 package. Macom's support page provides a datasheet with a 75 Ohm application only
and briefly mentions that it is possible to match this device in 50 Ohms.

Since I purchased only a small amount of them for hobby use, I don't think that Macom would be willing to answer such a request.

Cheers

Offline Marsupilami

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Macom MAAM-011162 : S-Parameters?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 06:27:58 am »
Hey Uky,

Don't want to dissuade you from using these forums but man, out of the 13 pages of the datasheet 3 whole pages detail 50Ohm operation, including specs, plots and even recommended tuning component values.
Also your mindset is incorrect about asking Macom. Be bold, go bug them! (I mean this in a positive, encouraging way.) If they have the data they will send it to you regardless if you bought none, 1 or 10,000. It doesn't cost them anything. If they don't have the data they would not take it for you unless you buy a million, there is not really a middle ground of you have to be an established professional.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 06:29:54 am by Marsupilami »

Offline fourierpwn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 08:02:36 am »
To add to Marsupilami's response; the datasheet does indeed include 50 Ohm operation - see pages 10-13. https://cdn.macom.com/datasheets/MAAM-011162.pdf

I agree that it is worth asking for datafiles. Worst they'll do is not respond or say no.

If this doesn't get you anywhere, then a handy (free) tool for digitizing data is https://automeris.io/WebPlotDigitizer/

Attached is a sample for the S21 plot on Page 11 of the datasheet, loaded into the digitizer, axes are calibrated and data points are extracted. Typically, some data points may need to be shifted around as the digitizer isn't always perfect but it gets the job done. Do this for all given S-par data and you can create your own .s2p file, just be sure that you get the same frequency values to ensure the touchstone file can be read properly by any software/equipment you're intending on using this with.

The following users thanked this post: DaJMasta

Offline UkyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 09:06:22 am »
I downloaded the datasheets and designed/assembled a test board according to the application example.

Found it to be unstable when testing it in a fixture with coax accessories that allowed sweeping for reactive loads.

So - The need for S-parameters is still there and I will (boaldly) approach Macom in the matter...

8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf